My joy is Soooooooo big ! Guys, it's here afterall, my 4 years map dream finally came to reality. Hope you will enjoy it and make it a big success. it's not a whole new map for those who're used to V1 but it's a big update that keeps the good V1 sides, correct many problems, adds tons of new paths and shape changes, new strategic sturctures + new "panic" Doors and shileds that will spice up the game. And off course I tried to improve the design as much as possible. Also strategic places are now named to help you find your way and become like meeting places. There's so many new stuff... you'll see by yourself what changed since V1.
4 years since I started this update... Dam, I never thought it would have taken so much time...
What took so long? Here is the list :
- Modeling / remodeling in an innovative way in terms of gameplay and design (like 1 and a half year) + lots of remodelings as shortcuts were found, til some month ago, so remodeling never really stoped + I couldn't help myself adding new ideas and stuff all along the process.
- I spent like 4 month + plenty of time after that to remodel the stuff to turn the poly number down and simplificate the design to help removing the big clipping problem, nightmare work !
- Don't remember how much time I spent on texturing and deal with UVW stuff.. it has been another nightmare.
- As I don't use HEK stuff, it took much more time to get any final result cause I had to make tons of schemes for my partners to do the work... doing this way makes the development process like 2 or 3 times more important.
- Dealing with my partners disponiblity, also sometimes I was with no partners anymore lol, this resulted in big looses of time... this way the project have been sleeping for several month... without speaking of the time we lost almost all the tags... this slowed everything for some time also.
- Some big works on my partners side have taken time too, some times things have been done the wrong way and others been redoing and redoing things : ATV, Custom hog Skinning, pinup implementations, musics, Portals (so many guys made and remade them), biped anims, Lights, Scripting off course, etc...
- Also, I think the map is so complex that making everything work together have been a real challenge and took time to be made. It has been a special work for a special map... I got like 150 builds from my diferent partners since the start of the project. I let you imagine all the test and fix it requiered...
Anyway, I want to deeply thank my last and biggest partner Inferno, he made a wonderfull Job, without his skills and work, the map would still be in "work in progress state" today, that's for sure. Thank you so much man for all you did (see the credits) and most of all for making these dam doors and shileds work with your magic scripts (with some =CE= Chris help sometimes, thanks to you too man); also for making the random teleporters work so fine... these were real challenges and you made them work.
Also Deep thank to TheFieryscythe for his work on portals that fixed the clipping problem. It seemed impossible... he never gave up. Also for his work on so many lightmap versions.
Special thanks to Polarbear for yoyorast.com creation and Freelancer for his wonderfull moderator job, for having made the 1st yoyoV2 trailer and for hosting the betatest on his server; to all the supporters at yoyorast.com & all over the net; to Masterz1337 for his help on choosing my partners, tech advice, vehicle horn; deep thank to all the betatesters (sorry guys, can’t list everyone); to ShadowSpartan for his support, for recovering the lost tags and protecting the map.
Thanks to my beloved Emma for her support during these past 3 years.
Thanks to my Family & friends.
There's so much in this map, it's really pushing halo to the limits ;)
Yoyorast : Creator / Modeler
Gamedesigner / Artistic direction
Team Management / Pinups textures
Populations & gametypes planning
Musics choice / Final ground textures
Custom hog creation / Polygon reductions
Normal maps making / “jump’in samples”
Texture applying & UVW works
Ground texture v2 (final)
TheGhost, Skyline, E3po, Inferno
Max error correcting / HEK works
map. building / Tags making
Baturkin : yoyo v1.5 1st build
Custom hog in game v1 + radar fix (final)
Haloguru : Custom hog fixes and lights
TheGhost : Ground texture v1
yoyo V2 1st build / Portals v1
Skyline : Gametypes v1 / Portals v2
Weapons & vehicles population v1
E3po : Horns in game v1 / Shaders v1
Musics v1 & pinup ingame / Portals v3
CtrlAltDestroy : Doors & shields
D4NO : Custom hog & door textures
ShadowSpartan : Lost protected tags
recovering (he deserves a dinner
with Elisha Cuthbert) / Big support
Fixed Custom hog (final), Map protection
Inferno : “jump’in samples” integration
Random tele scripts / Gametypes v2 (final)
Weapons & vehicles population v2 (final)
Gold sniper / Musics ingame v2 (final)
Doors & shields scripts v2 (final)
Portals v4 / Shaders v2 (final)
=CE= Chris : Scripting help and fixes
Matooba : H3 Mongoose creation
TheFieryscythe : Final lightmaps
Portals v5 (final) / Smoothing groups
Last remodeled parts integration
Lights settings / Clipping removing
Last minute lights adding
Disaster : Ground texture retouch
Teh Lag : ATV 3p anim. v3 (final)
FlaminGrain : ATV 3p anim. v2
DEEhunter : 1st lightmap test
HDoan : ATV 3p anim. v1
CMT : H3 Spartan Laser
Pyong : ATV physics fix
Sinow : Menu work
Sgt. Botley : ATV textures & skinning
Barcarolle / J. Offenbach
Ave Maria / F. Shubert
Dance of the hours / Ponchielli
Zarathustra / R. Strauss
The Blue Danube / R.Strauss
“jump’in samples” :
Matrix Theme / Crystal Method
Billie Jean / Michael Jackson
Parisien du Nord / Cheb Mami
Baby did Bad Bad Thing / Chris Isaak
Thanks to Bungie / Gearbox
for creating Halo (yoyoV2 model
is still to sell, I’ll make a good price
for you guys;) for Halo4 maybe.
Thanks to René & Nicole
for creating me.
Note that Yoyorast Island V2 model is
right protected, Yohan Lévy 2009
PS : Thanks to all of you guys
there’s a piece of everyone
in the rock of this island,
it woulnd’t exist without you.
Next project is to build it for real,
who’s with me?
Have fun !
View and add video of the map at www.youtube.com ...just type : "yoyorast"
Word From Inferno and link :
It's been a long time in the making and THOUSANDS of failed betas and builds but it's finally here! I'm proud of the work we accomplished and I hope everyone enjoys playing it as much as we did making it.
And don't forget the download link! And don't forget our light green bars! Rep fire scythe to for helping out so much!http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/Yoyorast%20Island%20V2%20Release%20Build%20-%20Yes%20we%20know%20thats%20impossible.rar