A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I saw the end of the tunnel but i want to see more : yoyoV2.1 ?

Author Topic: I saw the end of the tunnel but i want to see more : yoyoV2.1 ? (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

yoyorast

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 05:05 AM    Msg. 1 of 17       
What? Stay calm guys, it's just an idea i'm dropping here..
First, let me thank you guys again for your great comments, i'm so happy lots of you are enjoying enjoy da map..
Ok, since the day we released, i cant help myself thinking the baby is not born that perfect..
Let me give you my little list of little improvable stuff that could turn da very good map ;) into the ultimate one :
- remove the "beta" word at welcome page.
- add one more "panic" teleporter at beach (near the the scorpion place) to give this side of the beach (less frequented) one more little interest + add even more posibility to reach the panic room.. (never usefull enough).
- when taking the panic tele to atv base, you land on the roof of it and almost fall in water all the time... You should better land inside the arv base..
- fix the atv problem (when getting out of it) someone was talking about if there's actually one (i didnt experienced it).
- 2 things i want to remodel : 1st wouldbe to make the middle garage wall longer, to prevent from too much interaction and fragging when trying to get a hog.. 2nd thing is I noted the way by walking to the flags in ctf is less used than the vehicle way, i think this is because the walk way is a bit too long, i have a simple idea to make it a little shorter : remove the vertical base's glass cages and ladders ( i would add a clean design to replace this but u wouldnt be able to climb anymor to the top tele witch would be removed also.. So in the end, the way by walk would end where the final corrodors before the flags cruz eachother (where there are the blue and red littles) there would be 2 teles there that bring u direct to the base's roofs.. In the end, thos also would mean a bit less polys..
- i also want to make some little modofs the the model at 2 other places.. Surprise ;)
- someone told me that the musics where a bit too compressed witch result in a bad quality sound.. Maybe improvable..

K, these are the modifs i'd like to make.. If you guys think of some other little things, just let me know, i'll consider your thoughts.. But dont ask big stuff.. Remember its a little update..

Last thing i wanna add is, im ready to do that but i need to know if inferno and firescythe would be with me on this cause there's some hek work + lightmaps etc...

What do you think guys? Is it worth it to have this second version around?

PX173

It was worth it.

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 06:04 AM    Msg. 2 of 17       
I just want to add the problem with the laser's charging effects.

Advancebo

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 06:14 AM    Msg. 3 of 17       
If your up for it, then I see no problem for you wanting to complete it.
Unless your asking someone else to do it.

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 06:21 AM    Msg. 4 of 17       
um. i can only think of 1 problem. the spartan laser pickup icon. Its a rocket launcher. the charging effects, i think are un-fixable. if you have played the a50 beta, you would of noticed that it did it with the plasma pistol aswell.

and the spartan laser crosshair (in my opinion) to too bold/thick.

-sierra

Tricky

I cant think of a quote...

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 07:36 AM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Quick thought...

Is there anyway you can speed up the activation of the "panic" sheilds.

They take a second or so to activate, which isnt that useful if your being attacked and in a 'panic situation'

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 07:53 AM    Msg. 6 of 17       
Eh , several exploits in the map. I believe i spoke to you a little while ago , when you were playing in a server (Perhaps it was just a clone). About those railings at the side of the ramp , when you head out of the garage , they're used to make 'shortcuts' and exploit the map. You should either increase their height or remove them. There are many other exploits and issues , but they're hard to explain =S

Tricky

I cant think of a quote...

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 08:02 AM    Msg. 7 of 17       
More splazors, in all gametypes.

PX173

It was worth it.

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 08:29 AM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: sierra117
um. i can only think of 1 problem. the spartan laser pickup icon. Its a rocket launcher. the charging effects, i think are un-fixable. if you have played the a50 beta, you would of noticed that it did it with the plasma pistol aswell.

and the spartan laser crosshair (in my opinion) to too bold/thick.

-sierra

You mean the a10 beta? The only way they can be fixed is if you remove them.

It was just like it was when the tags were leaked.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:56 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
i can't even get the map to work online, works fine as a LAN game. only map i have that freezes halo when i try to join a game...maybe get rid of that loading screen.

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 04:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
As much as I would love to see an update fixing some of the issues, honestly I don't think many people would download it. I would just save yourself the effort and leave it as it is.

The Programmer

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 04:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
There is a little invisible wall by the bunker on the beach that needs to go

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 05:11 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Programmer
There is a little invisible wall by the bunker on the beach that needs to go

Thats Phantom BSP which is another sugestion go through it all and clean that up.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 09:57 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
[21:56] Anthropophobia: tell him i said the shaders suck
[21:56] Anthropophobia: or else

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 09:57 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
DSalimander said the shaders.. um.. suck. He tolded me to post this.

Bloody Jabs

It's been 4 years...

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 04:21 PM    Msg. 15 of 17       
I did notice something about the panic room
Just on the outside of it (barely) you can enable/disable it.

vmt

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 05:42 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
I dont think there should be any music because then users cant play the music they want to play from itunes and stuff right?

JLtheking

imma

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 04:57 AM    Msg. 17 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
[21:56] Anthropophobia: tell him i said the shaders suck
[21:56] Anthropophobia: or else

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
DSalimander said the shaders.. um.. suck. He tolded me to post this.

lol both posted at the same time XD

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:17 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website