A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HUD tutorial

Author Topic: HUD tutorial (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Rlentle2s

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 07:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Is there any tutorial about creating a custom HUD?

SegwayMaster1324

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 07:57 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       

Rlentle2s

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 08:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Silent STRKR
Give more info,
Do want a tut on visors, health/shield bars, ammo meters, etc

Of course, I was meaning totally custom HUDs and yes visors, health/shield bars, ammo meters etc. If you find any and/or create one for me that would be most grateful.

Rlentle2s

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 08:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
K, thx guys.

PX173

It was worth it.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 06:28 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Visor:

After compiling your 1024x1024 bitmap, scroll down to the second drop-down menu and select 32-bit color to have smooth alpha, even if your alpha is only one color, since it gives me a lower-res bitmap when i don't. After changing it, save it, and compile it again. This time tool will take the data from the bitmap tag(i think).

Then, in any (unit/weapon/grenade)_hud_interface tag, specify the bitmap. I'd recommend a unit_hud_interface tag so that it shows up regardless of what you have equipped. You put it at the very top, in HUD Overlay.

As for the weapon/grenade hud tag, put it in static elements.

From Quagmirian(or Philly on halomods)'s tutorial, the settings should be: both offsets are -10, and both (width/height) scales shouldbe 0.6276. I don't know if you use "Use high-res scale" instead of changing the w/h scale, but it went to half the bitmap size last time i did.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 10, 2020 1:27 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website