A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Xbox Sync?

Author Topic: Xbox Sync? (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 28       
How would you sync a .map file into Halo Combat Evolved for the xbox? If so how would I do this?

MasterRyan

Leader of Ryan C. Designs!

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 28       
is that even possible?

if it was, you would probably have to replace a default map

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 28       
There's an option for it in Kornmanv102, but it just freezes when you click it.

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:38 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
No like make a.map file sync it into the xbox with Halo Combat Evovled but renamed.... I want to know if this is possible and, if it works i'll try system link with my brothers and, see if the AI sync for this...

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 28       
I think halomaps.com is the place for that.

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 08:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins
No like make a.map file sync it into the xbox with Halo Combat Evovled but renamed.... I want to know if this is possible and, if it works i'll try system link with my brothers and, see if the AI sync for this...

Putting custom maps onto the xbox requires modding. And unless the rules have changed modding of the xbox or xbox 360 is not allowed here as somewhere along the lines it's illegal and therefore this topic will likely be locked the next time Dennis comes around to lock topics.

If you want to mod the xbox try another place like www.halomods.com or the like, they usually allow modding xbox's.

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 11:42 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       

Ai does not sync for Halo Combat Evolved. This is not gearbox's fault is Bungies, for they never wanted online co-op and neglected to make code for Ai sync.

catinthemafia

the worlds hatred creates the next kkk

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 11:47 PM    Msg. 8 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: tygron

Putting custom maps onto the xbox requires modding. And unless the rules have changed modding of the xbox or xbox 360 is not allowed here as somewhere along the lines it's illegal and therefore this topic will likely be locked the next time Dennis comes around to lock topics.

If you want to mod the xbox try another place like www.halomods.com or the like, they usually allow modding xbox's.

its illegal to mod?
why?
does any one care about halo ce?
if so and i get a arrested for it, i want a jury (i can see it now...the defendant have been charged for modding a video game *hour l8r* we find the defendant not guilty. and we find the plaintiff an idiot!

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 01:26 AM    Msg. 9 of 28       
Modding the Xbox is not illegal, but using it to play pirated games, is.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 01:54 AM    Msg. 10 of 28       
Actually, I'd imagine modding Xbox or any of the games would be considered "reverse engineering," which is against the Microsoft content usage rules. So technically if it were a big enough deal, I'd imagine they could press charges.

Otherwise, why would they ban people for having modified gametypes in their file share on Halo 3? I think I heard somewhere they actually ban the console itself.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Nov 18, 2009 at 01:56 AM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 06:46 AM    Msg. 11 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

Actually, I'd imagine modding Xbox or any of the games would be considered "reverse engineering," which is against the Microsoft content usage rules. So technically if it were a big enough deal, I'd imagine they could press charges.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Reverse engineering is not modding. If you do a software or hardware mod it is no longer covered under warranty.

Otherwise, why would they ban people for having modified gametypes in their file share on Halo 3? I think I heard somewhere they actually ban the console itself.

Because they don't want people to ruin the stats system by creating maps that have things like hacks and stuff. You can distribute modified maps of Halo 3 over other means, however.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 05:42 PM    Msg. 12 of 28       
it's your xbox so you should be able to do what you want with it...imo.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 07:45 PM    Msg. 13 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
it's your xbox so you should be able to do what you want with it...imo.
You don't own the software. You just license the use of the software.

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 08:29 PM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Dennis is this possible?

FlyAwayNow

Triage at Dawn

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 08:53 PM    Msg. 15 of 28       
I feel inclined to ask if Dennis is actully intrested in the whole Map making buisness whenever he has time off

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 08:57 PM    Msg. 16 of 28       
He makes machinimas and he also uploaded a mod of a map to help out one guy who asked.
Dunno if he does anything else though.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Nov 19, 2009 at 08:58 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 09:18 PM    Msg. 17 of 28       
Jenkins, yes its possible, i told you to go to www.halomaps.com for the answers.

catinthemafia

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 04:23 AM    Msg. 18 of 28       
Quote: 1ye]You don't own the software. You just license the use of the software.
then you dont own the website are Liscenced to use the space! and you dont own any thing! it Kinda makes you feel Worthless!

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 05:03 AM    Msg. 19 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: catinthemafia
Quote: 1ye]You don't own the software. You just license the use of the software.
then you dont own the website are Liscenced to use the space! and you dont own any thing! it Kinda makes you feel Worthless!

uh, wrong.
Dennis goes and pays his frickin' money every month for what? So we can play a game? He gives you the gift of hosting all this crap and you just accuse him of not owning this stuff he pays for every month? I think at least a part of this, even if it's just this website and his machinima, is his possession. But, he, out of the kindness of his own heart, does this for us.
So quit your whining or get banned.
How's it feel to be worthless? You tell me.
Edited by CorruptedHalo on Nov 22, 2009 at 05:03 AM

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 08:02 AM    Msg. 20 of 28       
Haha...Jenkins, if you're seriously considering doing something like that, you'll need major experience in modding and such. That's all I can tell you. Good luck learning how to do it; few people, if any, have managed to. halomaps.com seems like a good place to start.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 10:11 AM    Msg. 21 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
You don't own the software. You just license the use of the software.

Dennis owns UXB if I am not mistaken. This webste is hosted on UXB servers which Dennis also owns. He owns his website.

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 02:46 PM    Msg. 22 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Polamee
Haha...Jenkins, if you're seriously considering doing something like that, you'll need major experience in modding and such. That's all I can tell you. Good luck learning how to do it; few people, if any, have managed to. halomaps.com seems like a good place to start.

Well how would you know you've tried it?
Smarty Pants?
Edited by PVT Jenkins on Nov 22, 2009 at 02:47 PM

Dennis

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 03:31 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       
Quote: You don't own the software. You just license the use of the software.
Actually you are mostly incorrect. In my case, since I run a web hosting company, I do in fact own the space and the hardware in addition to owning the rights to the website domain name. I also wrote the application that presents the website so I in fact own the rights to that as well. However, I license the software that runs the operating system, web server software and the application server and cannot reverse engineer those items.

Ownership verses licensing of software is not a simple issue and the majority of people do not understand the difference. In most cases you do not own the software you purchase, you license its use and part of that license agreement is to not hack or reverse engineer the product. As a matter of fact if you actually read the license agreement for most software they even have the right to revoke your license to its use and require you to stop using it. People just don’t read the license agreements and install and run it anyway.

catinthemafia

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 09:44 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
then if I break the lisence agreement can the product be confiscated from me? also if I refuse to give it back, can I be arrested for theft?

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 09:51 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       
I've never understood those liscence agreements. Aren't all legal contracts with a minor void?

catinthemafia

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 10:14 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       
ya it kinda makes me feel sad on how complicated. and those agreements that no one reads, we could have aredy sold our soul to the devil oh Joy I love prank calling the Microsoft dudes in india.
lol rickroll time

Dennis

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 11:33 PM    Msg. 27 of 28       
then if I break the lisence agreement can the product be confiscated from me? also if I refuse to give it back, can I be arrested for theft?
It is unlikely that it will be confiscated and you won’t be arrested for violating the license agreement. In the USA Licensing/Copyright laws are not criminal laws they are civil statues. You would not be arrested by the state (police) for copyright violation however you can and would be sued by the copyright holder. They could as with an XBox ban you from on-line use or posibly disable aspects of the software remotely and they would definately sue and seek monetary damages from you or your legal guardian.

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
I've never understood those liscence agreements. Aren't all legal contracts with a minor void?
No they are not. The responsibility falls to the legal guardian to answer for the minor. Meaning you as a minor most likely will not be sued but your parents or legal guardian would be.

These are not yes/no or black and white issues. There are many shades of grey that I am sure you have yet to fully understand. The main thing to remember is if you hack or reverse engineer anyone’s software you (or your guardian) run the risk of being sued.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 12:11 AM    Msg. 28 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

You have no idea what you're talking about. Reverse engineering is not modding. If you do a software or hardware mod it is no longer covered under warranty.

Because they don't want people to ruin the stats system by creating maps that have things like hacks and stuff. You can distribute modified maps of Halo 3 over other means, however.

"You can’t reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don’t normally permit"

Source:
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/community/developer/rules.htm

I it could possibly be considered said "reverse engineering" because, while the modder isn't technically reverse engineering, they're using tools people have developed from reverse engineering.

Next time do some research before mouthing off and telling someone they don't know what they're talking about.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 2:36 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website