A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Photoshop question for textures.

Author Topic: Photoshop question for textures. (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 12:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 11       
What button serves as the button that will make a texture seamless in photoshop. Never really figured this out. I have been doing it the hard way (And I am not about to explain what that is).

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 12:40 AM    Msg. 2 of 11       
you mean, as a tiling texture?

eliteslasher

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 01:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Hmm. It makes it look OK but... not as good as I would have liked. Does anyone know any good LEGITIMATELY free seamless texture creators that have features like the program texture creator where you can have the brush itself go through to the other side of the texture.

eliteslasher

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 01:57 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: tucker412
Try this

http://www.eartmedia.com/seamless-texture-creator/index.html

Hmm... $25 I may consider this.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 03:35 AM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Try this instead, its already part of Photoshop
Filters > Other > Offset

Just set the offset to half the dimensions and then use the Clone Stamp and Spot Healing tools to clean the edges. If needed use the Burn and Dodge tools to level out lights and shadows. When finished use the Unsharp Mask to sharpen the image. (Clone and Spot blur the image a bit)

My experience with tiling software hasn't been to great, I find it much easier just to do it myself. Remember to properly setup the shot before you take and texture photos.

eliteslasher

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 04:15 AM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
Filters > Other > Offset

Just set the offset to half the dimensions and then use the Clone Stamp and Spot Healing tools to clean the edges. If needed use the Burn and Dodge tools to level out lights and shadows. When finished use the Unsharp Mask to sharpen the image. (Clone and Spot blur the image a bit)

My experience with tiling software hasn't been to great, I find it much easier just to do it myself. Remember to properly setup the shot before you take and texture photos.

Your referring to if I use actual textures from real life objects and make them seamless I assume. Ok I get you there. I've already done that a little but hopefully his helps to make it easier Thanks. I'll keep all that in mind.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 01:04 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
Filters > Other > Offset

Yea, thanks for typing it out instead of me :) This is how I make tiled textures and patterns in ps. No need for generators that ruin your texture (not all do, but still).

eliteslasher

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 06:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Ok, I am really starting to get used to using Photoshop methods. Textures are coming out looking great! :D Thanks guys!

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 06:01 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Glad you are getting a hang of it, believe me your better off learning it on your own tiling programs can work well but half the time you end up back in PS fixing the anyway.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 07:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
i have PSPX2 which already has a tiling generator but it sucks sometimes so i usually spend quite a bit of time tinkering around till i get what i want.

other times i cheat and dl a tiled texture and use it as a base...usually they're not recognizable once im done but it helps with the tiling

eliteslasher

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 08:33 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Yeah. I was just toying around with it today and already I have a few textures I am quite proud of just by using real textures and making them tiled.

Making my own tiled textures is next on the to do list.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website