A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Halo Website! READ HERE!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: New Halo Website! READ HERE! (65 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 65       
The New and Improved Halo Site.

Why I won't get Banned

Rule 4:

4. No advertising for profit. Do not post links to websites with the sole intent of selling something or obtaining personnel information. Notices about relevant Halo websites such as clan websites, or machinima websites will be tolerated as long it is not excessive. Posting the same ad or notice in multiple forums or threads/topics will result in the deletion of the messages and get you banned.

>1. No profit of money, or selling
>2. "Halo websites such as clan websites, or machinima websites will be tolerated"

Just Say it's a clan of members who make HCE content.

Invision Power Board v3.00
http://www.ihalo.org/forums/

iHalo v2.00 by De1337
The ultimate hub for new custom content

Better Staff (A Staff, not just one bias 10 year old)
Chatbox
Galleries (Picture Hosting)
Downloads
Forums/Categories/Posts
Mod Team Forums
Global Public Tag FTP
Profiles
MUCH MORE ORGANIZED

And much, much, more...

There are the few that will flame me, and the few who will join. You Choose.

If you love HaloMaps, just please check the site out before you immediately flame.
I personally think it's much better.

And the members have a say in the site's actions/features.

Look! http://www.ihalo.org/forums/

NOTE!

If there is no forum for something you want, i.e. a new game, or Machinima, etc..
It is OK, a simple message to me (De1337 on the site) will result in a new category for what you want (If qualifies)

Also each mod team can start there own category!
To have your own show-off spot on the site.

NOTE!

Hurry before this topic is locked, and this account gets banned!!

BTW: This is De1337

http://www.ihalo.org/forums/
Edited by iHalo on Dec 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Edited by iHalo on Dec 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 09:44 PM
Edited by iHalo on Dec 7, 2009 at 08:18 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:45 PM    Msg. 2 of 65       
why.

iHalo

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:47 PM    Msg. 3 of 65       
Well i know it's not the bets idea DEE.

But as greedy as I am as you can say.

I always want the new, and clean

NOTE: Installing Chatbox

NOTE 2: Site may seem small, but you need to be registered to see most categories.
Edited by iHalo on Dec 5, 2009 at 11:49 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 65       
Can it host terabytes upon terabytes of user uploaded maps?

iHalo

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 65       
Yes unlimited hosting space, and unlimited bandwidth

DEEhunter

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 65       
But I do not see a page to upload maps sir.

iHalo

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:53 PM    Msg. 7 of 65       
Right Here, Sir

http://ihalo.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&module=post§ion=submit&c=

If it fails, you need to be logged in.

DEEhunter

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 11:59 PM    Msg. 8 of 65       
It is all centered on having users being required to register. Which means you are also whoring people to register just to download maps from your site. This community hosted by Dennis is more of a service then just some random halo community that has some forum-based upload service. But UXB has this managed already and in a way to make sure users all have an equal chance at getting the maps they make to be popular. And best of all, it does not require a registration to download its maps. The map download service is separate from its forums because of the effort it takes to make sure that each maps have equal initial attention. With full user control over what screenshots are shown. I see no effort is managing that service at all. But the use of some forum based user upload module. Look at other communities first because you try to make an attempt at something like what you have just done.

tl;dr:
More effort in user content awareness. Don't just make everything forum based.
Edited by DEEhunter on Dec 6, 2009 at 12:00 AM

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:02 AM    Msg. 9 of 65       
Very true, your word.

I can as simply make the downloads public though.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:18 AM    Msg. 10 of 65       
Ok. First, get a better default theme. Took dark/ contrasting. Make it uniform, or lighter, and less contrasting to make it look more professional.

Second, ihalo.org (without forum on the end) brings you to a simple directory. Fix it. Make it a decent home page, possibly including recent uploads, and simple directories to maps and tags, with a decent search system for each. You may also want to include links to similar websites, such as this, since you posted this advertisement here.

And just curious, what is it that is going to attract people to your website. Halomaps already serves peoples needs for maps, tags, and assistance, and its not like modacity where people moved from and old single forum in search of something better by a well known community member.
Edited by Invader Veex on Dec 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:23 AM    Msg. 11 of 65       
I am in the procces of making a home page (which will house the hce tags FTP server)

And /deelekgolo, wtf...

But I will delete that dir, and temporarily, redirect ihalo.org to /forums

DEEhunter

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 01:47 AM    Msg. 12 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
And /deelekgolo, wtf...

What?

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:02 AM    Msg. 13 of 65       
Once this site populates, it will overthrow HaloMaps in a second.

wow i bet dennis is going to cry himself to sleep tonight. yeah this is definitely going let everyone know not to mess with you. too bad you cant walk without those big shoes falling off

little fact: dennis hosts the site out of his own pocket and his dedication to the game. from what i understand, he spends thousands of dollars per month on map and asset hosting for your unappreciative arrogant ass. the fact that you want to overthrow this site is pitiful, and the fact that you present yourself in such an arrogant manner makes me wonder if you were deprived as a small child.

i mean really, the first point you make is why you wont get banned. you know youre trying causing trouble. your website isnt going to catch on, this site isnt going to migrate there, you cannot afford the cost of the bandwidth it would require to surpass halomaps, and the only members youre going to get, if any, are going to be immature children like you who feel as though somebody has wronged them, yet cannot get away from this site.

enjoy your pathetic attempts. im going to watch now.
Edited by Donut on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:08 AM

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:08 AM    Msg. 14 of 65       
Hahahahahah I had a great laugh off that, Thank You.

Ok, your point? I don't care about money, I don't care about what he does for people, I care about how he as an individual. Which is very bias (Only thing I can say about a admin that wont get me banned, and If I do, I just proved my point)

Cool, Story Bro. Of course people will stay behind lol, yout hink I am going to take every single member a way no, all I said is a new and improved Halo Site, never said a new halo Maps where all the current members will switch over, now did I?

Now I HAD little cut-slack donation to Dennis for running a great site, and theres a chance some members may leave, but you just ruined it.

Lol /argument.
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:12 AM

EDIT: If your gonna insult dont fail at spelling or quoting lol, makes you look dumb. haha
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:13 AM

Donut

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:14 AM    Msg. 15 of 65       
Hahahahahah I had a great laugh off that, Thank You.

Ok, your point? I don't care about money, I don't care about what he does for people, I care about how he as an individual. Which is very bias (Only thing I can say about a admin that wont get me banned, and If I do, I just proved my point)

so you respond to him as an individual by attempting to outdo him in the two other things that you dont care about?

and my point? are you dumb? either you get your laughs by looking at people's avatars or you lack all forms of cognitive reading ability, because it was not hard to get my point out of my above post.

and just so you know, youre proving my point right now. youre an immature child trying to get back at somebody by attempting to outdo them at something they have been doing for years and get paid to do. at the end of the day, even in the ridiculously small chance that you did overthrow halomaps, you would be doing dennis a favor. you would be saving him tons of time and money. yeah, looks like you cant with either way. youre fighting a losing fight.

ps: saving this thread's html so i can laugh at it in a couple months after your thread gets locked/deleted

E: it seems you edited your post with more slop after i clicked reply.

never said a new halo Maps where all the current members will switch over, now did I?

Once this site populates, it will overthrow HaloMaps in a second.

hopefully this doesnt need explanation

Now I HAD little cut-slack donation to Dennis for running a great site, and theres a chance some members may leave, but you just ruined it.

sorry i ruined your master plan to conquer the universe

Lol /argument.

If your gonna insult dont fail at spelling or quoting lol, makes you look dumb. haha

Lol /argument.

of course, because its OK to give half witted responses to any opposition without actually addressing my main point, while trying to assure yourself that youre facing an inferior opponent by trying to pick on their spelling. i made a spelling mistake. my point must instantly be null. god it makes perfect sense.
(ps there was no quoting error here, before you try to pick on that)
you look dumb

Edited by Donut on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:21 AM

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:18 AM    Msg. 16 of 65       
Go ahead, it's actually called ignoring, i don't care what you think, so stop thinking of crap to type, i could care less. So by you saying this, what do expect me to do? Just close my site.

Well my site is only $90 a year for unlimited space and bandwidth so, if Dennis spends thousands a month, he is horrible at saving money.

http://www.bluehost.com/

Go Cry Donut, what are you getting at seriously?
You want me to cry? You wnat me to close iHalo? What do you want? lol
What's your objective of getting mad lol. Seriously. I don't even know you so why r u talkign to me, lol idgi.

1. You probably hauling all over me cause your behind a computer screen, who know's you could be some scrawny littl enerd, making the appearance of a big buff dude. lol

2. I have a life, no matter how hard you try you CANNOT hurt my feeling on the internet.

Why? I dont know you, dont care about you, most likely will never meet you, and Also umm this is about Halo lol. You must be some hardcore fan xD to mad at me for making a new Halo Site

Its like there can only be one? seriously hahah
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Donut

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:27 AM    Msg. 17 of 65       
really, it didnt take too much brain power to formulate my argument.

if your philosophy really was "ignoring", your site and this thread wouldnt exist because you would have just ignored whatever insignificant incident occurred between you and dennis.
but since you cant ignore him, you are now spending 90 dollars a year for a personal vendetta thats not going to do anything against its intended victim. talk about being horrible at saving money.

youre a real winner bro.

E: and a real dumbass too.

Go Cry Donut, what are you getting at seriously?
You want me to cry? You wnat me to close iHalo? What do you want? lol
What's your objective of getting mad lol. Seriously. I don't even know you so why r u talkign to me, lol idgi.

i personally couldnt care less about minor spelling mistakes, but i couldnt help but remember that you do.
If your gonna insult dont fail at spelling or quoting lol, makes you look dumb. haha

way to follow your philosophy.
so lets ask this million dollar question: why am i talkign to you. since you seem to be unsuccessful at reading points in paragraph format
1. youre not just providing another halo site, youre trying to overthrow an existing and superior one. (see your first point in your first post)

2. youre posting in a public forum trying to stir up trouble. why shouldnt i talk to you?

3. you should understand exactly what youre up against before you launch a plot for revenge

and after your responses my new additional reasons for talkign to you:

4. your argument runs around the central point (your website vs halomaps) and attacks me as a person.

5. you have totally missed the point of my posts

and 6: your blatant violation of your so called rules of the internet, which i will highlight:

first off,
You probably hauling all over me cause your behind a computer screen, who know's you could be some scrawny littl enerd, making the appearance of a big buff dude. lol

thats not a law. its your own attempt at making yourself feel superior again instead of addressing the actual point
2. I have a life, no matter how hard you try you CANNOT hurt my feeling on the internet.

so therefore you acknowledge that your website can not and will not achieve your vendetta against dennis? its ironic that you are willing to spend 90 bucks on it knowing that it wont work.

so in light of all of the above, i quote you once more:
this is about Halo lol.

ill let you figure this one out
Edited by Donut on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:48 AM

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:29 AM    Msg. 18 of 65       
Actually I bought hosting in August for a public ftp server for HALOMAPS!!

and I said "ignoring" refering to you and your fancy talk, lol. I thought someone as smart as you could have figured that out lol.

Flame War Round 1 begin :D

Actually no, Im going to bed it's 2:30 am.

I just finished warming up my chocolate milk, and I'm waiting for my mommy to tuck me in, so goodnight. XD
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:30 AM

Donut

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 02:45 AM    Msg. 19 of 65       
i guess coherent speech patterns and points that arnt littered with many smiley faces are a foreign concept to you

i prefer strawberry milk, but regardless, enjoy your chocolate milk. ill check up on this tomorrow.

Hry

:)

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 03:30 AM    Msg. 20 of 65       
Halomaps.org for the win.

rocketman57

Machinmator

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 03:38 AM    Msg. 21 of 65       
@Donut why are u bothering him its not getting anywhere at all plus he is 10 and is making a pro site and denis is proberly like around 20 not saying age matters but atleast theres more halo sites

halo community is basically all noobs so it dosn't matter what sites there are halomaps wont die but he is just getting another site out so theres variety in halo ce sites

Donut

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 04:05 AM    Msg. 22 of 65       
vern hit it dead on. good post.
rocketman, im not "bothering" him. im responding negatively to his website, or rather one of the main motives behind it on a public forum where he chose to post. basically im saying what he doesnt want to hear so hes getting defensive about it. im really just voicing my opinion on his motives and backing them up with reasonably solid proof.

the whole situation is not very far above a typical school yard incident.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 06:54 AM    Msg. 23 of 65       
I'll stick with Halomaps. The fact that you claim it will overthrow HMO made me want to look at it less anyway.

Quote: --- Original message by: rocketman57
..him its not getting anywhere at all plus he is 10 and is making a pro site and denis is proberly like around 20...

Nope, Dennis hasn't told us his age but he describes it as "Old" so I'm thinking late 40's early 50's. If I'm wrong sorry Dennis.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 08:15 AM    Msg. 24 of 65       
Site's going to fail, like almost all of them.
And if your trying to beat Halomaps at this, you wont.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 09:09 AM    Msg. 25 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Site's going to fail, like almost all of them.
And if your trying to beat Halomaps at this, you wont.

Halomaps is an established site in a slowly dying community. You're probably going to fail quite miserably tbqh.

Scott

No.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 10:16 AM    Msg. 26 of 65       
You dont have the money to outrun halomaps in the first place.

Second, Public FTP is incredibly stupid.

You tried this once before, and it failed then also.

A Halomaps community does not need all that crap you have. What the hell is the point of a shoutbox on a forum?

AlwinRoth

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 11:12 AM    Msg. 27 of 65       
Cool, but I'd rather stick to halomaps.

And i really dislike the skin to your website, you should change that atleast.

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 11:28 AM    Msg. 28 of 65       
k the whole "overrun HaloMaps" thing was worded wrong, cause even I will come here and checkup on things every once and a while, but Donut simply stick to HaloMaps, I am 100% fine with that, it doesn't bother, everyone has there opinion, iHalo is just a second option, sorry for being rude last night I was just dazed, lol.

Public FTP failed because my hosting password got stolen by iKink, but I finally got it back Friday , but it was very successfully I have well over 25gb of tags form everybody, with not one leak, so? I only have 3gb of tags in my older, obviously more people pitched in.

iHalo = a second Option

I know HaloMaps has served MANY ore years, and MANY more terabytes then iHalo EVER will, but I respect that, it is simply a second option.

^^Bold = Fact, set in stone, I know that.

(Fo the people who don't liek the skin, go to the bottom of the page, and ond on left it says "iHalo" in a combo box, chnage it to "IP.Board")

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 12:59 PM    Msg. 29 of 65       
I wish all not-for-profit Halo websites good luck and they are allowed to start a thread which is why it was unnecessary to dare me to ban or lock the thread. Thinking otherwise is an indication that there is a less than honorable motive for the post. Be that as it may the rules do not indicate that we ban people or lock threads with links to or about Halo based fan web sites.
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
Nope, Dennis hasn't told us his age but he describes it as "Old" so I'm thinking late 40's early 50's. If I'm wrong sorry Dennis.
I wish I was that young - LOL - But you are not far off. I am from the Vietnam/Woodstock generation, you know the ancient history you learn in school now

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 01:10 PM    Msg. 30 of 65       
Thank you for clearing that up, and I do respect you for hosting an paying for a noble site for many halo fans, for many many years.

But as I said iHalo is just a second options, and HaloMaps's downloads system is great and always will be.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 04:13 PM    Msg. 31 of 65       
Well, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. But the- IT WILL OVERTHROW HALOMAPS pissed me off.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 04:28 PM    Msg. 32 of 65       
Theme is too, big. You have to scroll down the page too much to find the topics because of the stupid shout box things. I personally don't like shot boxes.

You should make a home page with the latest files ect... setup a database and some querys to display the latest uploads. You could setup the database so that people can rate the uploads as well.

Donut

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 05:27 PM    Msg. 33 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
Well, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. But the- IT WILL OVERTHROW HALOMAPS pissed me off.

this is why i posted before. because hes not just trying to provide another halo site. if he were, i would praise his efforts. hes not, and he said that on the first page.

laxdude1995

Isn't that from one of your Chinese cartoons?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 08:37 PM    Msg. 34 of 65       
Congrats: this thread fails
/thread

iHalo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 09:25 PM    Msg. 35 of 65       
If you want me to make a list of all the features, I don't think I could possibly name evrything.

1. iKink stole my hosting, the site was still untouched, I just couldn't FTP.

He can't ban.

Main features, not going into extreme detail

IP.Portal Front page for latest everything (Closed, Working on it some more)

Profiles
Forums (Obvs.)
Signatures
Status
Image Galleries for each member aswell
Download Section (W.I.P Which is now public downloading, trying to make guest be able to upload)
Blogging
"C-Box" (Shoutbox, Global chat on every page)
Admins is Me, and and BeachParty Wizard
Moderators are Me, BP, Gruntmods, and Invader Veex (Posistions open)
No matter how much a member pisses me off, I won't ban for personal reasons or hatred.

Banning is real hard to achieve, mostly spamming will get you suspended (unless a account sole for spam)

Leaks:You need to be a trusted uploader, your first 15 uploads need to be approved, after 15 approves, you can just upload and it appears right away, If they abuse and put up leaks, there loss.

1 Leak: 7 day suspension
2 Leaks: 1 Month suspension
3 Leaks: Ban
Make New accoutn and leak again: IP Ban from site
Some how another leak: Block IP and Mac Address blocked from hosting.

That should be convincing if u want to be a member

More features:

IP.Sidebar
See:
Recent Status changes
Recent Posts
Recent Photo Uploads
Recent Member Registers

Mod/Machinima Teams

Have your own "show-off/Official Thread) section for your teams (Mod teams and machinima casts)

Skins: Make skins for the site

A Public Calender, for releases, and B-days and such (on sidebar aswell)

Content Creation Forum:
Show off anything you've made in any programs

VIP Section: (Currently Closed) Will contain exclusive content, (non-public models, bitmaps, tags, betas, etc.) Any leaks there are just members being arrogant, and is just another team's loss. But VIP is hand picked, by staff admins. or 1000 posts, (and being approved)

Umm more featues, uhh

About Me pages

Member's List.

Embed:
polls, images, sound (mp3 only so far), videos (beta), youtube, xfire

Our Category Set:

Tactical Chatter
1. News
2. General Discussion
3. Introductions
4. Site Suggestions
5. Off-Topic

Halo Custom Edition
1. HCE Discussion
2. Tutorials and Discussions
3. HEK Works-In-Progress
>1. Weapon Works
> 2. Vehicle Works
>3. Map/SBSP Works
>4. Character/Biped/AI Works
>5. H.U.D./UI Element Works
>6. Misc. Works
4. Those "LOL / WTF" Moments

Downlaods
1. Maps and Public BETAs
2. Tags and Tagsets
3. Programs and Applications

Mod Team Forums
1. Mod Team Forum Request
2. H3MT Mod Team Forum

Machinima
1. Machinima Team Requests
2. Individual/Misc. Shows
[No Teams Applied]

Content Creation/Show-Off
1. Autodesk 3D Studio Max
2. Adobe Photoshop
3. Misc. Programs / Request widely used program

Users may also request for new categories to open up to be added.

For those who don't know what that is HaloMaps Category Set (For CE) is

Halo CE Maps (Bungie/Gearbox)
1. Halo CE General Discussion
2. Halo CE Technical / Map Design
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 09:26 PM
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 09:28 PM
Edited by iHalo on Dec 6, 2009 at 09:31 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:34 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website