A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How do you rename a map?

Author Topic: How do you rename a map? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sliding Ghost

I kill War Chieftains like this guy.

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 03:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hello,

I recently submitted a map to Halo CE, but the trouble is, I wasn't able to rename it so I have my doubts that it will be accepted. Therefore, I have come here to ask questions concerning this.

The problem is I do not use HEK, and instead I use HMT and Halo Map Version Converter http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1082.

How do I rename my map? I want to rename a modded variant of Assault on the Control Room I made, the b40 map.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 05:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
I'm pretty sure Dennis accepts campaign mods named as they are.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 06:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
I've been told if you open the map in notepad and replaced the map name with the one you want it will be changed in the game but don't quote me on that.

Sliding Ghost

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 12:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel
you can rename it using a hex editor, but the map name would have to be 3 letters also...

well, you could recoursively extract the map with hek+ and recompile with a .scenario name that fits you

Can you tell me how to extract the map and recompile? I am not very familiar with this program. I just downloaded it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
I'm pretty sure Dennis accepts campaign mods named as they are.

Really? Well, I still want to rename the map so I don't have to violate anything.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I've been told if you open the map in notepad and replaced the map name with the one you want it will be changed in the game but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, it didn't work.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Dec 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 02:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
All the campaign mods on the site are named with the default names, just so it fits into the campaign maps list. If you do want to rename it, it'll require use of HEK.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 12:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       

Yes, if you open it in notepad/wordpad/xvi32 and look for the name (should be in the first line)
and rename it (must be the same number of characters)
then save as a new file with the same name you just gave it, then you should be fine.
ex:
I open a10
find a10 in map code
replace with q69
save as...
q69.map

but it won't load like a default campaign map now. You have to use "map_name q69"

Sliding Ghost

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 10:09 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
All the campaign mods on the site are named with the default names, just so it fits into the campaign maps list. If you do want to rename it, it'll require use of HEK.

Ok.
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Yes, if you open it in notepad/wordpad/xvi32 and look for the name (should be in the first line)
and rename it (must be the same number of characters)
then save as a new file with the same name you just gave it, then you should be fine.
ex:
I open a10
find a10 in map code
replace with q69
save as...
q69.map

but it won't load like a default campaign map now. You have to use "map_name q69"
Interesting.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 7:03 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website