A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Mongoose Point and Mudwinder

Author Topic: Mongoose Point and Mudwinder (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 10:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 24       
Mongoose Point

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0DicMU5J8

DOWNLOAD Map: http://www.filefront.com/15157829/Mongoose_Point.zip

Mudwinder

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c76cyL2tWQ

DOWNLOAD Map: http://www.filefront.com/15157839/Mudwinder.zip

Enjoy!

H3_Mongoose-Complete tags: Download: http://www.filefront.com/15180191/H3_Mongoose-Complete.zip

Name: H3_Mongoose-Complete
Size: --
Author: NerveBooger (a.k.a. Slap Happy)

Halo 3 Mongoose:

- Model by Matooba.
- Skin by Pepsi.
- Shaders, Tighter camera track & physics by me.
- Driver/Passenger Anims by Matooba, HDoan, FlaminGrain and Teh Lag.

You are guaranteed to have fun on this ATV!It's the same model you saw on Yoyorast V2, just better in appearance and superior in handling.

To use: place the entire "m257_multvp" folder in your tags/vehicles directory, add then place the m257_multvp.vehicle in your map in sapien, compile.

Player Animations:

Because the Mongoose has custom player animations for the driver and passenger, you must use the "cyborgoose_mp.model_animations" - included with this file in the cyborg animations folder - or it won't work. Place the cyborgoose_mp.model_animations tag in your tags\characters\cyborg_mp directory. Edit the biped you are using, and change the animation graph reference to use this file instead of cyborg_mp.model_animations.
Edited by Slap Happy on Dec 20, 2009 at 06:50 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 24       
Reminds me of the choco road map in Mario kart DS.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 24       
Mud winder might be the first mod I have seen that is actually worth downloading.
E: Mongoose Point looks really nice too.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:11 PM    Msg. 4 of 24       
MUST...HAS.... MONGEWS >:O

Edited by jesse on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 11:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 24       
I am so downloading that mudwinder map. best Mod out there!

MasterRyan

Leader of Ryan C. Designs!

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 11:32 AM    Msg. 6 of 24       
EPIC looking Mongoose!

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 11:41 AM    Msg. 7 of 24       
Unprotected? I would like to use that mongoose,and the map :D

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 01:36 AM    Msg. 8 of 24       
munguz is sooo hawsum.

Slap Happy

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 06:48 PM    Msg. 9 of 24       
H3_Mongoose-Complete tags: Download: http://www.filefront.com/15180191/H3_Mongoose-Complete.zip

Halo 3 Mongoose:

- Model by Matooba.
- Skin by Pepsi.

You are guaranteed to have fun on this ATV!It's the same model you saw on Yoyorast V2, just better in appearance and superior in handling.

To use: place the entire "m257_multvp" folder in your tags/vehicles directory, add then place the m257_multvp.vehicle in your map in sapien, compile.

Player Animations:

Because the Mongoose has custom player animations for the driver and passenger, you must use the "cyborgoose_mp.model_animations" - included with this file in the cyborg animations folder - or it won't work. Place the cyborgoose_mp.model_animations tag in your tags\characters\cyborg_mp directory. Edit the biped you are using, and change the animation graph reference to use this file instead of cyborg_mp.model_animations.

Updated first post
Edited by Slap Happy on Dec 20, 2009 at 06:51 PM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 12:45 AM    Msg. 10 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

Halo 3 Mongoose:

- Model by Matooba.
- Skin by Pepsi.

Player Animations:

Updated first post
Edited by Slap Happy on Dec 20, 2009 at 06:51 PM

One question. I am sure this isn't your fault it is most likely mine. But i see it in sapien and when I enable it to be in all gametypes it still doesn't show up. Is there something I'm missing. I don't get any errors.
BTW, to all who made these, nice maps, nice mods, and really nice mongoose! :D
Edited by eliteslasher on Dec 21, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Slap Happy

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 02:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

One question. I am sure this isn't your fault it is most likely mine. But i see it in sapien and when I enable it to be in all gametypes it still doesn't show up. Is there something I'm missing. I don't get any errors.

For a vehicle to show up in game, it must be in 2 places, both your 1) scenario (which you did using sapien) and be one of the vehicles listed in your 2) globals.globals tag Open your globals.globals using guerilla (found in the globals directory) scroll down to the vehicles pallette. You will see the common vehicles listed there, choose one you want to replace with the Mongoose, (I suggest replacing the ghost) by clicking the button " . . . " then navigating to the vehicles/m257_multivp folder and select the vehicle, and save the globals tag.

Since you are already there, look immediately above the vehicles pallette for Multiplayer Information, click the open button to the right of "characters\cyborg_mp\cyborg_mp" - which will open the biped. If you already saved the cyborgoose_mp.model_animations tag in your tags\characters\cyborg_mp directory - then change the bipeds animation graph to characters\cyborg_mp\cyborgoose_mp note: you must use this player animation tag if you want to ride the mongoose in-game.

If you don't know how to do these things already - I suggest a few tutorials first, or look for instructions in these forums. Good luck.
Edited by Slap Happy on Dec 21, 2009 at 02:25 PM

eliteslasher

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 05:17 PM    Msg. 12 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slap Happy

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

For a vehicle to show up in game, it must be in 2 places, both your 1) scenario (which you did using sapien) and be one of the vehicles listed in your 2) globals.globals tag Open your globals.globals using guerilla (found in the globals directory) scroll down to the vehicles pallette. You will see the common vehicles listed there, choose one you want to replace with the Mongoose, (I suggest replacing the ghost) by clicking the button " . . . " then navigating to the vehicles/m257_multivp folder and select the vehicle, and save the globals tag.

Since you are already there, look immediately above the vehicles pallette for Multiplayer Information, click the open button to the right of "characters\cyborg_mp\cyborg_mp" - which will open the biped. If you already saved the cyborgoose_mp.model_animations tag in your tags\characters\cyborg_mp directory - then change the bipeds animation graph to characters\cyborg_mp\cyborgoose_mp note: you must use this player animation tag if you want to ride the mongoose in-game.

If you don't know how to do these things already - I suggest a few tutorials first, or look for instructions in these forums. Good luck.
Edited by Slap Happy on Dec 21, 2009 at 02:25 PM

No i do i just forgot about globals it been a while since i added any new vehicles.
I already updated the animations too so no worries there.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 06:38 PM    Msg. 13 of 24       
Those maps look real fun, especially the mud one. I loved the monster hog, and it's engine. I laughed a lot when you revved the engine that one time going over that mound.

eliteslasher

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 12:59 AM    Msg. 14 of 24       
Um...... sorry to say this but........... did you notice that the MC leans away from the turn.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 02:04 AM    Msg. 15 of 24       
Btw, nitpicking here, but having a sizable amount of vehicles spawned results in noticiable lag... of course this only occurs when you have ~8 or more vehicles spawned and has a fudged up laptop.

also, when the mongoose goes up some ramps, the wheels get stuck.. only occurs on top speed.

Otherwise great map!

eliteslasher

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 02:12 AM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vastanus neshtrog
Btw, nitpicking here, but having a sizable amount of vehicles spawned results in noticiable lag... of course this only occurs when you have ~8 or more vehicles spawned and has a fudged up laptop.

also, when the mongoose goes up some ramps, the wheels get stuck.. only occurs on top speed.

Otherwise great map!

Eh! It's halo. Probably the games fault. Many times you can just cry "Uh oh! Halo engine fail alert!"

Matooba

Crust on Halomaps! :)

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 11:27 PM    Msg. 17 of 24       
Yah, Thats probably cuz its a ripped mongoose. This is not the true Goose tags. I will be releasing the TRUE M257 TAGS in the next weeks to come. That is the (MIKEY) apposed to Nike version of my Mongoose. The reason the tire got stuck is a poorly made Mass-Point.

Here is the REAL goose ORIGINALLY made by Sgt Botley & Myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWuwDrcPXA
Edited by Matooba on Dec 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 01:28 AM    Msg. 18 of 24       
this is pretty cool. i saw it originally on modacity. will download.

is anybody hosting a server on either of these maps?

Slap Happy

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 09:12 PM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Matooba

Yah, Thats probably cuz its a ripped mongoose. This is not the true Goose tags. I will be releasing the TRUE M257 TAGS in the next weeks to come. That is the (MIKEY) apposed to Nike version of my Mongoose. The reason the tire got stuck is a poorly made Mass-Point.

Here is the REAL goose ORIGINALLY made by Sgt Botley & Myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWuwDrcPXA
Edited by Matooba on Dec 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Getting stuck on the ramp is neither the mongoose, nor the physics - it's the ramp placement and ramp collision model - same thing happened on Citiscape Adrenaline - civ & gauss hogs would sometimes get stuck on the ramp (same ramp).

And - it IS the "REAL" mongoose from Yoyorast 2 - just improved in appearance and handling - or are you saying your didn't make that one? (The credits say you and Sgt Boley made it - sorry if I am mistaken - perhaps you should let Yoyo know so he corrects the credits?). I would love to help - and there's no need to include me on credits if you do.

goye2cz

I'ma shoot it in the head. Cuz thas how I roll.

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 05:38 AM    Msg. 20 of 24       
Very nice work on the goose. Question though: Is there any way to make the driver lean into the turn when you steer? Maybe this isn't possible. I'm no expert on that but I'd love to see it. It's just not natural when you think about driving an atv or motorcycle, you want to lean INto the turn, not toward the outside.

I'd also love to see some sweet snow skins for this thing. I'm working on a map I plan on using the goose in and if they aren't available by the time I get to that stage, I may work a bit on it.

Thanks for sharing the tags, they are wonderful.

p.s. I'm not so happy with the engine sound. I wish there were an atv around here I could record and do something about that. If I find anything I'll be sure and share it. And the horn... wtf? lol

Matooba

Crust on Halomaps! :)

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 10:44 AM    Msg. 21 of 24       
Yes, the original Goose has ATV sound permutations made from my sons quad. The original goose driver animations have "Driver Lean into turns". Also, If you was having collision ramp issues adjust your collisions bounding radius. As for the goose they used, we found out after release that they used a ripped goose from a map and tried making adjustments. So the Yoyorast V2 goose was infact a ripped modified goose. I'm only stating this cuz its difficult when there are 10 version of a vehicle out and 9 are mediocre. Like I said before, there are 9 variants of the Goose. Snow, Regular, Golden, Halftrack, and 5 weapons versions. Its nice to see 1 & 1/2 years of work just get ripped and used. I realize tags are free to use in the Halo Universe and I've never protected anything. This is one reason I do not mod halo anymore.
Edited by Matooba on Dec 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Slap Happy

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 02:15 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
Excellent! You do good work Matooba - I am sure any other variants would not only be used, but also appreciated.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 08:34 AM    Msg. 23 of 24       
mongoose point's fun, tried it just now.
i like the grenade launcher, and flamehog (same for the 'goose)
but there's a little problem : the shield generators seem to have "selective collision" or something, projectiles bounce off the shields but i can walk through the shielding.

as for mudwinder, the hogfoot is well...not very controllable, maybe lower the CoG and increase weight?
and the shees seem to have some sort of odd feeling to their controls, unlike the original shee where you can turn just about immediately, the shees in mudwinder require some more time to turn and have some "drifting" in them when doing so.

but overall, good maps - great job.
Edited by sargejohnson on Dec 28, 2009 at 09:01 AM

goye2cz

I'ma shoot it in the head. Cuz thas how I roll.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 07:20 AM    Msg. 24 of 24       
Appreciate your work Matooba. It brings a lot of beauty to this game. Looking forward to those orignal tags. ;)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 4:13 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website