A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Portal Game Maps (Valve) »Portal Game Play Discussion »oh god,portal on Intel(R) extreme graphics

Author Topic: oh god,portal on Intel(R) extreme graphics (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Boomstriker

YOU ARE DEAD,NOT BIG SURPRISE

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 02:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
will it work?i saw HL2 running on extreme graphics it was nice *link* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0ety5Vado&feature=channel *lost coast link, its FRAPS slowin it down* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m1799Gvuo0 do you think it will work?i think so,if not ill just use 3d anaylizer or swift shader

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 06:27 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
If you want to play with 3 FPS, that's fine. If anything, get a $60 Nvidia 9400GT off newegg. Intel can't run anything but CPU's, and I honestly think it should stay that way.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150446

^That should be alright.
Edited by iTails on Dec 24, 2009 at 06:38 PM

Boomstriker

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 06:54 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
i saw intel run GTA 4 -.- with regular FPS so dont tell me it cant run anything,Intel makes awesome onboard graphics Inel (ithink GMA or GMT)4000 rocks,as good as Nvidia
Edited by Boomstriker on Dec 24, 2009 at 06:55 PM

iTails

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 06:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Boomstriker

i saw intel run GTA 4 -.- with regular FPS so dont tell me it cant run anything,Intel makes awesome onboard graphics Inel (ithink GMA or GMT)4000 rocks,as good as Nvidia
Edited by Boomstriker on Dec 24, 2009 at 06:55 PM
If anything you are computer illiterate. Intel does not make anything worth playing with. GTA 4 was probably run on low. Sure, Intel chipsets have improved, but so do other GPUs. I was only suggesting you got a real GPU mostly because it would run smoother and you could hook up more monitors if wanted. Don't be a prick when someone gives you advice.

Btw, meant to ask. Are you on a laptop or desktop. If your on a laptop, unfortunatly you can't change out the GPU.

http://service.futuremark.com/hardware/graphics_cards/intel_gma_x4500hd

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Edited by iTails on Dec 24, 2009 at 07:01 PM

Boomstriker

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 10:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
dude i have a PC(not portable,but personal)that had every outside componet replaced(keyboard,1998-97 Compaq replaced a 2000 HP keyboard that bugged out. mouse,a Mi optical mouse replaces a old hp ball one.a Dell HD plug n play replaces a old, much bigger 1998 HP pavillion that broke after years) the processor is a HP(Hewlett Packer)Intel inside Celeron Windows XP home edition Pavillion is all together almost 9 and it is workin like a supa computer and runs halo very smoothly at about 35-40 FPS oh and did i mention its made for games,pitures,and videos and i would not want to trade this beauty for some new PC that will crash as soon as i put portal on it! )also,mine goes faster tha urs,and has never crashed or had a windows blue screen in its 7 yrs)
Edited by Boomstriker on Dec 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM

iTails

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 11:03 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Boomstriker

dude i have a PC(not portable,but personal)that had every outside componet replaced(keyboard,1998-97 Compaq replaced a 2000 HP keyboard that bugged out. mouse,a Mi optical mouse replaces a old hp ball one.a Dell HD plug n play replaces a old, much bigger 1998 HP pavillion that broke after years) the processor is a HP(Hewlett Packer)Intel inside 1. Celeron Windows XP home edition Pavillion is all together almost 9 and it is workin like a 2. supa computer and runs halo very smoothly at about 35-40 FPS oh and 3. did i mention its made for games,pitures,and videos and i would not want to trade this beauty for some new PC that will crash as soon as i put portal on it! )also,mine goes faster tha urs,and has never crashed or had a windows blue screen in its 7 yrs)
Edited by Boomstriker on Dec 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM

1. I almost died at when you said that the Celeron was great.

2. Woooh, you have ancient tech that would have been super 10 years ago. Nice try.

3. This truly says that you are an idiot. You apperantly have no knowledge of how PC's work or what is truly good for your PC. I think your mom needs to teach you a litte more and make the decisions for you.

My Rig:

CPU: AMD Athalon II X2 (3.06GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 280 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 2x 1TB SATA @ 7200 RPM

Your rig beats mine right? Think again. The only thing you could probably surpass me in is your ancient tech. Again, stop being a prick when someone gives you advice.

Boomstriker

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 08:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
OH,SNAP a 8080 TXS Intel Intellec' terminal Computer(a DOS script prompt computer)is $5,000 and beats your rig at more than 2 GHZ and only 10,000 where made (bout 5,000 still operational)and THATS ancient plus my old (i have 2 PCS a HP Pavilllion Windows XP is the one i am curretly using because the 98 dosent have a internet cable..yet)Compaq Prestario Windows 98 does a start up in less than 10 secs 1GHZ and its like 1998 so dont say my "ancient tech"is horrid (New PCS have a better chance of a crash EX:(halo,Windows Vista,very close to ur PC was like) was playing the Maw and was just about to beat it when a friend called on xfire and halo crashed!")
and i do have that knowledge and how'd ya think i kept a 1998 running a 1GHZ
? i have a Wii and im getting the Conduit tomorrow i might not be on much except for night

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 8:04 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website