A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT PresentsÖ..

Page 5 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT PresentsÖ.. (596 messages, Page 5 of 18)
Moderators: Dennis

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 08:21 PM    Msg. 141 of 596       
Actually it's really overpowered. We're going to tone it down a bit later, but not make it totally useless.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 08:49 PM    Msg. 142 of 596       

Love it, especially playing on my brother's computer with full FPS and about 33-99 ping since the dedicated server is great!

I find almost no problems, I was able to kill anyone with any weapon (although the PP was mostly grenades and melee, coupled with a lucky charge shot landing). The only complaints I have are:
-SMG smoke needs to be toned down (sit in one spot, fire all the rounds outta the SMG, you'll see)
-SMG is a bit too weak. I tested it with some folks in the server, and yeah I see it does the right damage, but in battle it just never seems to do the job in 1, sometimes even 2, whole clips
-Walking animations are different, and as an animator that really downs the overall feel of everything to me. If you'll let me, I'll make them all like the SMG/BR walking animation, which was Lag's main one for the SPv2 weapons
-Pistol was animated by HDoan, does not fit in with the rest of the weapons, reload sounds don't sync right, the reload itself does not look right and the timing of everything is way off, I hate the origin and the overall feel. Sorry Doan, it's a nice set but not fit for the map and it's weapons
-AR is, albeit 'new' and such, I'm not a big fan of the animations Lag has made. I really would much prefer you use the original SPv2 ones; they are freakin' godly.
-Sniper rifle firing 'screen effects' need to be toned down, it should not shake that much.
Edited by ODX on Apr 3, 2010 at 08:50 PM

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:05 PM    Msg. 143 of 596       
i wonder how its possible to make the map only playable on that server, open sauce? ultra scripting?

Jesse

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:20 PM    Msg. 144 of 596       
We will not tell.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:36 PM    Msg. 145 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
We will not tell.

Its so simple though

Jesse

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:41 PM    Msg. 146 of 596       
Yeah, but we don't want people to know so they can't host the map. It's so that the final ruins is the only ruins, i mean who wants 4 ruins variants? (the edited one.)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:48 PM    Msg. 147 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
Yeah, but we don't want people to know so they can't host the map. It's so that the final ruins is the only ruins, i mean who wants 4 ruins variants? (the edited one.)

Obviously.

THEFEAR

I can make this pencil dissapear...

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 09:56 PM    Msg. 148 of 596       

This map goes down as the most enjoyable map I've played in a long time. You all did a great job on the map and I cant wait until the final is released. Hopefully this will get a lot more people playing CE again because I know it makes me want to.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 11:07 PM    Msg. 149 of 596       
Well I guess I can talk about what I figure with the weapons go.

-smg is perfect because its not too strong where it makes itself too much like the ar. I'm also theorising it creates alot more scenarios to melee because the player normally charges one another while using it plus it increases those chances because you spawn with it. This gun is my reason why everyone is meleeing alot more than usual.
-pistol also seems perfect
-ar is really good right now and i want to keep it a valuable weapon but i do need to weaken it a tiny tiny bit.
-brg i want to make the grenade on it actually useful and powerful and to do that ill have to take away the amount of nades it comes with. So ill bring it down to 3 and maybe 2 in the future. But the power of the br needs to go up alittle more.
-shotty is alos great but i might need to tweak it down alittle bit. Well have to test this alot more on different maps.
-plasma pistol idk whats going on there
-plasma rifle is godly right now. I will be tonign it down alittle and making the battery half its size now.
-needler is fun and all but right now the player doesnt even need to aim and the bullets fly toward enemies. That'll be hopefully fixed.
-flamethrower I cant decide on but it does seem powerful.
-carbine is pretty good but i might need to tone it down bc it works better in the netcode than others so itll function differently than normal halos in here.
-sniper has some things i want to look into like the screen effects. Personally im not a fan of those.

I think I covered all the guns. If not let me know. O, and please excuse my bader grammar up thar.

If you are also having issues with the gfx such as the biped problem please post your specs on your computer. Would greatly help us and you. Thanks everyone for playing it's been so much fun.

Corvette19

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 11:54 PM    Msg. 150 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Well I guess I can talk about what I figure with the weapons go.

-smg is perfect because its not too strong where it makes itself too much like the ar. I'm also theorising it creates alot more scenarios to melee because the player normally charges one another while using it plus it increases those chances because you spawn with it. This gun is my reason why everyone is meleeing alot more than usual.

I like it

-pistol also seems perfect

Anims... those fail

-ar is really good right now and i want to keep it a valuable weapon but i do need to weaken it a tiny tiny bit.

Use SPV2 Anims.. plz

-brg i want to make the grenade on it actually useful and powerful and to do that ill have to take away the amount of nades it comes with. So ill bring it down to 3 and maybe 2 in the future. But the power of the br needs to go up alittle more.
-shotty is alos great but i might need to tweak it down alittle bit. Well have to test this alot more on different maps.
-plasma pistol idk whats going on there
-plasma rifle is godly right now. I will be tonign it down alittle and making the battery half its size now.
-needler is fun and all but right now the player doesnt even need to aim and the bullets fly toward enemies. That'll be hopefully fixed.

Lower the projectile homing... homing in? xD

-flamethrower I cant decide on but it does seem powerful.

Seems pretty overpowered for the map...

-carbine is pretty good but i might need to tone it down bc it works better in the netcode than others so itll function differently than normal halos in here.
-sniper has some things i want to look into like the screen effects. Personally im not a fan of those.

I think I covered all the guns. If not let me know. O, and please excuse my bader grammar up thar.

If you are also having issues with the gfx such as the biped problem please post your specs on your computer. Would greatly help us and you. Thanks everyone for playing it's been so much fun.

Edited by Corvette19 on Apr 3, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:01 AM    Msg. 151 of 596       
i played for like 5 hours on it today with people. the only problems i have ran into is.

plasma pistol sucks like horrible it doesnt hit the guy even if you charge it and they scoot to the left a little.

smg when you shoot standing still and dont let go smoke gos allover and you cant see.

sniper has horrible pop even odx and mattdratt said that.

but everything else is ok

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:27 AM    Msg. 152 of 596       
as long as duce is on your team you fine lol. then if you have inferno or jesse on the other team. dont let them get the flame thrower and your be fine

Rlentle2s

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:29 AM    Msg. 153 of 596       
I realized one thing about this. I will pwn until either ODX or Duce strolls by.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:32 AM    Msg. 154 of 596       
Its so much fun owning everyone. I get mvp almost everytime.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:33 AM    Msg. 155 of 596       
agreed ^

also theres two uvw errors where the camo is

Rlentle2s

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:35 AM    Msg. 156 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
so where can I download this?
And when is a newer version getting released?

5th page, tucker's youtube video. Go link in his description box. Thats how I found it.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:36 AM    Msg. 157 of 596       
I have plans to release a newer version of this next week also with a build of Augur. Ill have the server set up on a nice rotation and doing more than one gametype.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:42 AM    Msg. 158 of 596       
what about mouse trap?? also may we see a screeny of isle?? :D :D

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:48 AM    Msg. 159 of 596       
To anyone who can't find the link it's on the 4th page near the bottom, found as such:

If you want to be an official CMT beta tester now is your time. To make things short you now can be. The way it's set up is that you download the maps but you must play them on the Official CMT Server. What this does is allows us to watch everything that goes on with the map and when we want to release newer builds we are able to regulate them by not playing older builds. This then makes older builds of the maps unplayable. Who doesn't love the honor system.

Anyway here is the link to the download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1446834/CMT_MPG3_Ruins_PB1.rar

Join the Official CMT Server on 1.09.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:51 AM    Msg. 160 of 596       
also is the pistol anims done by hdoan or in jesse's case (HMOAN)?
Edited by Hydrogen on Apr 4, 2010 at 01:51 AM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:53 AM    Msg. 161 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
also is the pistol anims done by hdoan or in jesse's case (HMOAN)?
As of right now in the map you are currently playing, yes. But in the future in the final map or hopefully the next beta you play, no.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:55 AM    Msg. 162 of 596       
ya i kinda agree with odx dont get me wrong the anims were good but.... I thought teh lag was cmt's animator :P

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:58 AM    Msg. 163 of 596       
Before, yes, but now Duce has made it into the Community Mapping Team.

Rlentle2s

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:58 AM    Msg. 164 of 596       
I know this is a beta but the shotgun melee nearly made me go out the window (obviously metaphor).

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:02 AM    Msg. 165 of 596       
Like I told you before, melee's are Teh Lag's thing, nor are they mine.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:10 AM    Msg. 166 of 596       
That's typically how Halo CE maps work in order for you to play with other people so, yes you will have to download the newest version of the map to have some fun.

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:19 AM    Msg. 167 of 596       
The blood was too red. AR and PR way to powerful. apart from that It was fun.
also
(unit_kill_Hr3shy)
(ai_place random_gyes)
(ai_kill random_gyes)
(game_won)

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:29 AM    Msg. 168 of 596       
this is random, but can you make so when you zoom in with the BR, it becomes a normal BR crosshair?

idk, just thought that'd look better

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:40 AM    Msg. 169 of 596       
the blood was fine! ar is supposed to be like that. pr isnt powerful it has a shield sapping and a stun so you cant shoot or walk fast

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:42 AM    Msg. 170 of 596       
i still think that thay should be toned down.

P.S. someone stole my dippindots

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 02:53 AM    Msg. 171 of 596       
XD..... im sorry that ZH‹ –ots (me) stole your dippindots XD
Edited by Hydrogen on Apr 4, 2010 at 02:53 AM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 03:01 AM    Msg. 172 of 596       
Gah what am I doing up this late I am a human in America I should not be up this late I am just a little 14 year old boy turning 15 in 2 days >_>

So, do we want two hands on the gun or one hand supporting the other? (Origins are not final, subject to minor changes but you get the overall idea)

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 03:58 AM    Msg. 173 of 596       
just got done playing a match 2v2. Weapons need serious balancing, AR is a rape gun.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Apr 4, 2010 at 03:59 AM

Kustrin 117

DUH

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 04:05 AM    Msg. 174 of 596       
If you want to be an official CMT beta tester now is your time. To make things short you now can be. The way it's set up is that you download the maps but you must play them on the Official CMT Server. What this does is allows us to watch everything that goes on with the map and when we want to release newer builds we are able to regulate them by not playing older builds. This then makes older builds of the maps unplayable. Who doesn't love the honor system.

Anyway here is the link to the download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1446834/CMT_MPG3_Ruins_PB1.rar

Join the Official CMT Server on 1.09.

Hey WTH I can't go into the server???????
It says 'The game has been closed'.
ANYWAY to fix it??????

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 04:07 AM    Msg. 175 of 596       
no

Page 5 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 12:29 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website