A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT PresentsÖ..

Page 10 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 7 · 8 · 9 · [10] · 11 · 12 · 13 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT PresentsÖ.. (596 messages, Page 10 of 18)
Moderators: Dennis

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 07:40 PM    Msg. 316 of 596       
ya it is horrible on east cost. for my sniper shots to hit i have to lead 6 seconds ahead. for the pistol to hit 4 seconds behind. ar is direct on :P. also make the br have more grenade shots!

deadlyfighter1000

Constantly a threat.

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 08:04 PM    Msg. 317 of 596       

Best I've ever done on ruins lol.. (I'm Despair009)

Fun game, but the spawns are kinda messed up. In Augur, both teams spawned practically together, unless that was intentional, its annoying.

Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Apr 10, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 09:01 PM    Msg. 318 of 596       
There are still serious balance issues. AR still dominates. Brute shot dominates. BR and Carbine are omfgwhatthehell OP as crap. Needler is useless. The spawning weapons leave you a sitting duck with the two weapons that are pretty much mediocre at best. Not exactly weak, but definitely not as useful as others. I would highly suggest adding a 2x zoom to the pistol for the sake of balancing it with the BR and carbine, increasing the firing rate but giving it spread so you can't spam it, and giving the SMG more strength.

Don't get me started on the horrible spawns. Spawning between two guys fighting is just bad.

Edited by Marka Haiyana on Apr 10, 2010 at 09:07 PM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 09:57 PM    Msg. 319 of 596       
Someone join blue, I'm getting my ass kicked here :S

E: I just exceptioned when the game changed from ruins to augur.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Apr 10, 2010 at 10:19 PM

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 11:45 PM    Msg. 320 of 596       
could someone join the surver please!

also, firering sounds suck on the ghost!
Edited by spartin115 on Apr 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 12:22 AM    Msg. 321 of 596       
Also, I can't hit anything with the plasma pistol overcharge :(

E: Video suggestion for the sniper kickback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-tHVTuXw0
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Apr 11, 2010 at 01:07 AM

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 01:56 AM    Msg. 322 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

Also, I can't hit anything with the plasma pistol overcharge :(

E: Video suggestion for the sniper kickback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-tHVTuXw0
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Apr 11, 2010 at 01:07 AM

speaking of the cmt sniper
something wasnt in the release

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 02:35 AM    Msg. 323 of 596       
get the frick off matt dratts secret media fire. NOW! i actually ripped this one from scratch

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 04:07 AM    Msg. 324 of 596       
I think the talk of that sniper shouldn't be in this thread, it's off topic.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 04:11 AM    Msg. 325 of 596       
no its not -_-' its cmt's sniper in cmts thread.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:27 AM    Msg. 326 of 596       
Mookz , where's your usual 10 to 1 k/d?

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:48 AM    Msg. 327 of 596       
It's perfectly fine in Auger, I told him to tone it down and he did. It's great now and it fits well with the firing that Lag gave the sniper. Putting one where it goes *SHWROOP FLFLDSJFADJKLFJDF UP* just doesn't work well with it. I think the shake is fine.

Advancebo

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 01:39 PM    Msg. 328 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

Thats the wrong sniper, you daerp.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 02:21 PM    Msg. 329 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Mookz , where's your usual 10 to 1 k/d?

FFFFFFF NOOOOO m00kz cant lose his touch!

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 03:40 PM    Msg. 330 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

Thats the wrong sniper, you daerp.

bo im saying its cmt's sniper I didnt say from what multi\sp era

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 05:17 PM    Msg. 331 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
It's perfectly fine in Auger, I told him to tone it down and he did. It's great now and it fits well with the firing that Lag gave the sniper. Putting one where it goes *SHWROOP FLFLDSJFADJKLFJDF UP* just doesn't work well with it. I think the shake is fine.

Well, it's ultimately up to the designers to decide what to do with it. The purpose of betas is to get feedback from the end users and decide the best course of action based on that feedback. Some people like the shake, some don't, some want it to act like the regular Halo sniper (IE Higuy). I'm just giving my feedback/suggestions.

Also, the lag with the shotgun, has anybody else noticed that? It's the same as SPV2. If you want to fix it, go into the weapon tag, and check "Projectiles are client side only."
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Apr 11, 2010 at 05:26 PM

abkarch

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 06:06 PM    Msg. 332 of 596       
could someone tell me what the name of the server is and what maps are in the loop rather than ruins?

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 06:11 PM    Msg. 333 of 596       
Well, it's ultimately up to the designers to decide what to do with it. The purpose of betas is to get feedback from the end users and decide the best course of action based on that feedback. Some people like the shake, some don't, some want it to act like the regular Halo sniper (IE Higuy). I'm just giving my feedback/suggestions.
Also in your video you made it a bit exaggerated since you were so close to the wall and you had zoomed in what, both times so it was even closer? Ha, it does work fine on Augur but maybe on Ruins it's a bit different due to closer ranges.
Also, the lag with the shotgun, has anybody else noticed that? It's the same as SPV2. If you want to fix it, go into the weapon tag, and check "Projectiles are client side only."
Yes and I had been looking around in the weapon tag for how to fix it. I found what you said but I wasn't sure if it would fix it. Now I know though, thank you so damn much the shotgun was really bothering me it's like my favorite weapon but it got butchered D:

Will send to Duce soon...
Edit: Whoop, he fixed it himself when I told him what to do. Coolio
Edited by ODX on Apr 11, 2010 at 06:15 PM

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 06:28 PM    Msg. 334 of 596       

Also in your video you made it a bit exaggerated since you were so close to the wall and you had zoomed in what, both times so it was even closer? Ha, it does work fine on Augur but maybe on Ruins it's a bit different due to closer ranges.
Yes and I had been looking around in the weapon tag for how to fix it. I found what you said but I wasn't sure if it would fix it. Now I know though, thank you so damn much the shotgun was really bothering me it's like my favorite weapon but it got butchered D:

Will send to Duce soon...
Edit: Whoop, he fixed it himself when I told him what to do. Coolio
Edited by ODX on Apr 11, 2010 at 06:15 PM

I didn't go out of my way to do that with the video. It just came out like that. Hope that client side info helped..

Hry

:)

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:17 PM    Msg. 335 of 596       
I think augur needs 2 Hogs or 1 hog peer base, in ctf u will need it, ctf walking is so.. slow, ruins obiously dont need hogs, is a small map, but i think augur is a medium map.. u can spawn hogs just in ctf, snow grove is a medium map and it have hogs, and works very fine on ctf.

Edited by Hry on Apr 11, 2010 at 09:20 PM
Edited by Hry on Apr 11, 2010 at 10:05 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:29 PM    Msg. 336 of 596       
If anything, the biggest problem with Augur is the spawning for Team Slayer.

Isn't there a way to force them to spawn by the base and on the cliffs respective to their base?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:30 PM    Msg. 337 of 596       
That would be a bad idea because then you would always be spawn camped.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:31 PM    Msg. 338 of 596       
If anything, the biggest problem with Augur is the spawning for Team Slayer.

Isn't there a way to force them to spawn by the base and on the cliffs respective to their base?

Uhhh yeah, it's called populating the map right and setting spawns to designated teams. 0=red team and 1=blue team.

Rlentle2s

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:48 PM    Msg. 339 of 596       
I realized that often you spawn where your enemy is.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 340 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
That would be a bad idea because then you would always be spawn camped.

Not if you place the right spawns in the right spots. Halo is set up to where if enemies are within the certain radius of your spawn point than you spawn away from your enemies. It's easy to make good spawn points, you just have to think about where you place them.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Apr 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 341 of 596       
Alright let's take a look here:

This is the accursed map. The area in blue is the whole proposed region that the obvious Blue team has to spawn at, and vice versa for Red. As you can see there is plenty of space and room for them to spawn.

Camping you say? Well if you look, you will notice some black markings. These indicate exactly where the enemy must be - all at the same time - in order to pretty much effectively camp the enemy. Must be a pretty damn hard thing to do, eh? See as your whole team could easily and eventually break through due to how thin the other team must be.

Oh but they'll just keep spawning and coming back to camp and support their camping teammates as soon as they die!

Well guess what, that's the size of the map's fault and maybe this isn't the best of maps to release in general.
Edited by ODX on Apr 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hry

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:08 PM    Msg. 342 of 596       
huh dude I like this map, of course it can be release, its a very good map.
Edited by Hry on Apr 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Rlentle2s

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:31 PM    Msg. 343 of 596       

Alright let's take a look here:

This is the accursed map. The area in blue is the whole proposed region that the obvious Blue team has to spawn at, and vice versa for Red. As you can see there is plenty of space and room for them to spawn.

Camping you say? Well if you look, you will notice some black markings. These indicate exactly where the enemy must be - all at the same time - in order to pretty much effectively camp the enemy. Must be a pretty damn hard thing to do, eh? See as your whole team could easily and eventually break through due to how thin the other team must be.

Oh but they'll just keep spawning and coming back to camp and support their camping teammates as soon as they die!

Well guess what, that's the size of the map's fault and maybe this isn't the best of maps to release in general.
Edited by ODX on Apr 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Exactly. Especially the reason you raped me last game.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:07 PM    Msg. 344 of 596       
This still doesn't solve the problem of spawning near the enemy. It just supports the problem you're trying to solve.

EDIT: It also makes the map less diverse in how it's played because of more restricted spawning.
Edited by il Duce Primo on Apr 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 07:36 AM    Msg. 345 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
EDIT: It also makes the map less diverse in how it's played because of more restricted spawning.
At least you're not spawning on top of each other and either dying instantly because you spawned with a grenade under you and bullets in your head, or you screw over the enemy who thought they just killed you three seconds ago and thinks "Alright, he's dead, now there's one left to ki- oh crap he's back already. Wtf terrible spawns!"

The amount of times I heard that crap was unbelievable. Leaving it to 'random' spawns is a terrible idea and everyone's going to hate you for being such an idiot and leaving it this way.

It's still in beta testing, and what do you do during this time? You test things, so how about you just freakin' try the idea and we test it out sometime this week.

Hry

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 02:32 PM    Msg. 346 of 596       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
^Note the word "idiot" in ODX' post, Duce

gtfo

Hry

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 03:06 PM    Msg. 347 of 596       

What a bad kid, I lol'd, but is kinda sad too, lmao

FluFFy

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 03:06 PM    Msg. 348 of 596       
I Have to agree with Those who say the spawns are off. Twice in one match I didn't last a second. One from a Spartan Lazer as soon as I spawned and another was a BR Nade and a few shots from other enemies. It gets quite annoying.

ajnauron

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 03:12 PM    Msg. 349 of 596       
Just got on the server and had a pretty good 1v1 on both maps, and I'd like to say that both maps are overall very well done and they're the best new maps I've played in a while, they certainly live up to the CMT name. The server itself is awesome, there was very little lead.

Augur feels a lot more like a smaller version of Snow Grove than the Aotcr map. The textures look great.

-The spawn points are very close to each other so you're always fighting pretty soon after you spawn-not really a bad thing since you get more action, but it makes the map seem much smaller than it is, especially with all the obstacles, because you're immediately heading into a fight rather than exploring the map a little. This makes the map seem much faster paced than its size would suggest. If the spawn points were placed more towards the outer edges you'd really get a much better feel for the size of the map.

-The ghost is really overpowered, just around four plasma bolts and your shields are down. I don't really think this map is suited for vehicles considering the size and all the obstacles, but that's just my opinion. The ghost is virtually unstoppable and I think it disrupts the intense gameplay in the middle of the map.

Ruins seems like a new version of Sanctuary from a while back, with more grass. It's also a fast paced map but it's more appropriate here because the size is much smaller. As far as the map itself, it plays great overall. Great to see you brought back the Sanctuary SMG's melee and structures, those things are nade magnets.

-AR and PR are a bit too accurate.

-Same issue with the sniper as Augur-the bullets seem to travel a bit too slowly. I'd also rather not have the rumble.

-On both maps the nades are way too powerful, the splash damage radius is like twice it is normally and makes the nades a bit more noob since you can be much less accurate with your throws and still pwn. I'd suggest bringing back the Sanctuary nades.

All in all great job, it's awesome to see that maps like these are still being made. I look forward to playing these maps.

I can't wait to try Mousetrap, I always thought the POA would make for a great multiplayer map and this seems to be it, for a moment I couldn't really believe it was being made. Those hallways are perfect for leading raids, more so than ratrace because with rat race you're always trying to protect your back so you don't really advance, and I don't think I've seen another map like it. With any luck it'll become as popular as Snow Grove.

I'd also love to see a multiplayer map of the Truth and Reconciliation, that would be awesome. It would play like the end part of the level where you, Keyes, and the marines are fighting their way to the dropship bay.

Ninjadude

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 04:15 PM    Msg. 350 of 596       
What happens in PMs stays in PMs.

Page 10 of 18 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 7 · 8 · 9 · [10] · 11 · 12 · 13 · ... · 18 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 8:19 AM 891 ms.
A Halo Maps Website