A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Coming Soon: Snowtorngrove_AI

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Coming Soon: Snowtorngrove_AI (70 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:55 PM    Msg. 1 of 70       
The Battle for Snowtorngrove has begun, with Red Spartans vs. Blue.

You must be very careful traversing the cavern tunnels because there are some beings living there who would love to send you down to their friends who dwell in the deep pits below!

Edited by Mysterion on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 70       
Shouldn't the red side be, ya know, red, and not black?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 70       
I was gonna say IN B4 LOCK but then i saw the images, and well, it seems kinda fun.

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:19 PM    Msg. 4 of 70       
The Spartans are black with red, and black with blue...

Edited by Mysterion on Dec 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
The Spartans are black with red, and black with blue...
Ah, my mistake, I was seeing the shields (which are blue) and got confused.

I think it would be much nicer if you simply made each team their respective color, and if you feel they would look boring, use this:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1198

POQBrute

Bruteslayer

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 11:46 PM    Msg. 6 of 70       
is it on snowtorn cove or is it on this map whichis CMT snow grove?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:23 AM    Msg. 7 of 70       
Wait is it snow grove or snow torn cove?

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:23 AM    Msg. 8 of 70       

JLtheking

imma

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 02:56 AM    Msg. 9 of 70       
This SP right? looks fun! However what team will the skeletons and stuff be on?

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 03:05 AM    Msg. 10 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
I was gonna say IN B4 LOCK but then i saw the images, and well, it seems kinda fun.

It's a Mysterion AI map, not just a crappy one. I'll give you a hand, Mysterion, your AI mods are some of the best, because you actually put thought into them, and I love to read the little backstories you give in the description while I'm downloading the map.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 06:28 AM    Msg. 11 of 70       
so, when's this gonna be released?
i had quite a bit of fun with hugeass dogfight, and i can't wait to see some more great stuff from you. :)

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:43 AM    Msg. 12 of 70       
I could release it today, but have a few things left to tweak. My goal is to make normally empty multiplayer maps that I like, playable solo, but not single player type. Though I enjoy playing them, the thing with single player maps is that they always end the same way, and then you rarely play them again.

An AI map needs to be such that you want to come back for more. I like to include "Easter Eggs" so that after playing it several times, you will stumble upon something that you never knew you could do before, such as the hidden portals to the huge desert in "Desert Floodwar". I typically like large maps since they allows you to explore, and create more things to discover.

My next map mod is already under development, but was set aside over a year ago. I have learned quite a few things since, and can now include some of the ideas I wanted to use then, but didn't know how to do. This mod will be an epic battle with marines being transported to a large central fight with the Covenant.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:43 AM    Msg. 13 of 70       
I was gonna say IN B4 LOCK .
I see others do this as well and I am not being argumentative or demeaning but am looking for a serious answer as to what is the actual importance of making a post in a thread you think will be locked saying nothing but “in before lock” ? I just do not understand and am hoping someone could explain it to me.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:51 AM    Msg. 14 of 70       
The following reasons are what I can deduce:

-They feel a sense of accomplishment or achievement, as stupid as their act is
-They believe it's 'funny'
-To mark that they were in the thread, and so people see them as the last post when they look at the thread from the forum home, therefore making them feel 'important' or 'known'

Any one of them or all of them, really.

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 04:20 PM    Msg. 15 of 70       
As I have learned over the years, unless you have something constructive to say, its better to say nothing at all...

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 05:12 PM    Msg. 16 of 70       
i might actually play a SP for this

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 09:01 PM    Msg. 17 of 70       
can you make it mp and then people who wanna play it sp can just enter the map name into dev and others can play ctf and stuff on it,because I think it's fun to play ctf against an army of ai,because multiplayer games without ai don't have as big of conflicts

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 70       
It is in mp format...

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 01:21 AM    Msg. 19 of 70       
anyway, what things are there left to tweak?

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 01:38 AM    Msg. 20 of 70       
Getting closer...almost done!

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 03:10 AM    Msg. 21 of 70       
As I have learned over the years, unless you have something constructive to say, its better to say nothing at all...

That should be after the terms of agreement on every forum.

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 01:18 PM    Msg. 22 of 70       
Agree, and I enjoy them as with the original Halo which is a single player Campaign. The mp mods, however, lend themselves to more RPG type gaming. Being as large as it is, I would love to mod RPG 6, but unfortunately it is protected. You could place AI encounters all over that map and spend most of the day exploring/fighting.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 02:37 PM    Msg. 23 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
I see others do this as well and I am not being argumentative or demeaning but am looking for a serious answer as to what is the actual importance of making a post in a thread you think will be locked saying nothing but “in before lock” ? I just do not understand and am hoping someone could explain it to me.

If a Sheep jumps off a cliff, the rest will follow.

It's just an internet meme created, then everyone followed that persons style thinking it's funny.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 03:19 PM    Msg. 24 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

The reason i said that was because as someone said, it's become more of a meme, and usually on these forums i just say\think it quite automatically. When I first came to this thread i was under the impression that this was just one of those threads where someone tries something, posts a few WIP images, and is never heard from again.
I didn't truly mean i was in before an unforeseen "lock" but what i meant by that was, that i predicted this thread would simply die.

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 06:19 PM    Msg. 25 of 70       
Wow, didn't this thread get off topic...

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 07:27 PM    Msg. 26 of 70       
Wow, didn't this thread get off topic...
Not exactly, Dennis asked a simple question, and yet again, the immaturity of some members sprouted out and they had to continue it for a bit, and make useless posts, like the one above yours (Yes, I'm lookin' at you, Xel :P).

Quick question: I see you have a Famas in your map, alongside the stock Halo 1 tagset (including the AR). So, do you have your Famas working as a 'Battle-Rifle' type weapon or is it just a swap-out of the AR like I've seen many many times before?

Mysterion

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 07:37 PM    Msg. 27 of 70       
The Famas is working like a battle rifle I suppose, but more powerful, and with a click on the mouse a scope pops up.

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 12:12 AM    Msg. 28 of 70       
I was going to dismiss this as the average crappy AI mod made on a decent map when I spotted Mysterion's name under the topic author. From the pics, I can tell its not bad, really. Just a suggestion, but you might want to try improving your AI a little; make them a little more lifelike. It also appears from the pics (I might be wrong) that your AI have little or no concept of cover, they just simply crouch and blindly fire at you.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 08:15 AM    Msg. 29 of 70       
^agree with Polamee.

ps. can you give the Famas a reticle? Sure, it may have one if you zoom in, but i prefer no-scoping with an AR-type weapon and a reticle does help.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 08:22 AM    Msg. 30 of 70       
did u make those spiked-turtle-mutant things? and the skeleton too?
and looks like fun to play. can i suggest to replace the famas with a BR ??

Mysterion

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 11:43 AM    Msg. 31 of 70       
They are Demon and Skeleton tags from Area 52 - 54...

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 08:08 PM    Msg. 32 of 70       
A way to make AI smarter is to use guarding at guard position and to not just put firing positions everywhere; instead, put them in strategic locations at least a few feet from each other.

Mysterion

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 09:41 PM    Msg. 33 of 70       
Both have been done...

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 09:44 PM    Msg. 34 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorruptedHalo
A way to make AI appear more intelligent than cyborgs crouching in one place firing at people inside their combat range, and ignore those outside it's effective combat range, is to use guarding at guard position and to not just put firing positions everywhere; instead, put them in strategic locations at least a few feet from each other.

FTFY

Dragonmaster91

"Q, what nonsense is this?!"

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 11:42 PM    Msg. 35 of 70       
Does it matter? I got his point, and if you guys are too stupid to get it because of a little mistake... wow. Notice how I only come on to watch and laugh at what most of you do and say to each other. It's funny watching this community fail.

Now, I am going to sit back and laugh at all the responses attempting to flame me.

Edit: Then see what Dennis decides to do. Sorry Dennis, it is just so entertaining that I can't hold it back anymore, I have to say something.

Edit 2: To stay on topic, this is one of the reasons I wish I could play Halo CE again.
Edited by Dragonmaster91 on Jan 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 7:17 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website