A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »som star wars stuff

Author Topic: som star wars stuff (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

crazyhalodude

lol'd

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 06:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 19       
i think it would be cool if someone here made a ce map that had battle droids, clone troopers, and storm troopers as bipd's(bipeds/characters) that use the antr(animation trigger) of a marine! also some vehicles like the battle droid staff thingy and a swoop bike! to make most of this you only need to make models, and collision models that fit the antr. also the basic star wars blaster would be nice.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 06:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 19       
I know there's a SWMT (Star Wars Mapping Team) but I'm not sure if they're still around/alive
Also, congrats on the first account of the new decade, lol.

crazyhalodude

lol'd

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 06:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 19       

The Programmer

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 07:05 PM    Msg. 4 of 19       
There is a Star Wars mod called Galactic Warfare for Call of Duty 4 that just came out.

crazyhalodude

lol'd

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 19       
i call myself crazy "halo"dude for a reason, so not a call of duty fan.. also i cant even play it if i wanted to.

NeiaG

Ohai Mark

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 10:21 PM    Msg. 6 of 19       
I wish the people here were more like the people who made that Star Wars mod for COD4 MW. And by that I mean getting big projects done.

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 10:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 19       
Don't announce your projects until they're at least 75% doen and we won't have that problem :o

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 10:50 PM    Msg. 8 of 19       
Swmt used to do Star wars stuff. But i'm pretty sure we are dead now.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 11:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

Jay is still working on some stuff and I'm just too damn lazy to model Hoth. I'm not sure how much he's done with Ark_Hammer but last time I checked we were just waiting for the tag set to be finished. Hm, maybe I should get back into modeling some Star Wars levels again...

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jan 2, 2010 03:02 AM    Msg. 10 of 19       
you said too much Nexus. now we will force you to make Hoth. lol

Nexus Halo

Posted: Jan 2, 2010 05:50 AM    Msg. 11 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
you said too much Nexus. now we will force you to make Hoth. lol

I'll see what I can do.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jan 2, 2010 03:46 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
I tryed to make an R2-D2 biped,

Dident work out well

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 07:24 PM    Msg. 13 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: crazyhalodude
i call myself crazy "halo"dude for a reason, so not a call of duty fan.. also i cant even play it if i wanted to.

Then why do you want Star Wars stuff.... Just go play it.

Shut the F up, you act like your in every team ever created.

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 07:26 PM    Msg. 14 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo

Hostility much? He is in swmt, and therefor is a member of it, and can talk on behalf of them.

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 07:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Quote: --- Original message by: crazyhalodude

Then why do you want Star Wars stuff.... Just go play it.

You obviously dont know, since you wasnt here as long. I rigged bipeds and fixed errors. Of course that was a while ago, about 1 year ago.

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 11:11 AM    Msg. 16 of 19       
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?whmlnznztjj

it's not great, but it works, and it has a STAP vehicle

Jay2645

Cortana saw you naked.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 01:18 AM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Oh, hello there.

I need to get this account going again.
SWMT WAS on semi-permanent hiatus while I dealt with some personal issues in my life.

I've spent today putting together a design of a Star Destroyer hangar bay/surrounding areas.
I also have finished the model for the Imperial Heavy Repeater and I animated the AT-AT, although it needs tweaking.

I just want to give everyone where the SWMT currently stands:
Map-Wise:
Arc Hammer: Ingame, needs work. I personally think that it's WAAAY too open, it's essentially a box map with a catwalk around it at this point.
Star Destroyer Hangar (Untitled): Model 1/2 done. Layout... laid out. For those of you who have played Modern Warfare 2, think of the map "Highrise". The gameplay will be something along those lines.
Yavin IV: Model NEARLY done, I just haven't been motivated to work on it recently.
Tantive IV: Needs a redesign; the model is REALLY bad and, quite frankly, I can do better. I'm possibly going to go for a feel along the lines of COD4's "Wetworks", but nothing has been set into stone yet.
Hoth: No idea. This was something Nexus was going to begin working on when the team began to lose touch with one another.
Endor: Part of the model is down and somewhere on my hard drive. Not sure how high-quality it is.
Tatooine: Concept down; next in line to be modeled.

Weapon-Wise:
First off, every weapon needs to be balanced. I haven't conducted a single test of these new weapons yet; it's something I need to do.
E-11: Fully complete, fully animated, fully textured.
A280: 3rd person model finished, no textures, having trouble with 1st person.
Flechette Gun: Textured, 1st person model needs animations.
Imperial Heavy Repeater: Model finished.

Vehicle-Wise:
X-Wing: Having troubles with physics; was working out the bugs when my life got a lot more complicated.
AT-AT: Animated; I have no idea how I'm even going to begin putting it ingame. I'm using the Mythos .vehicle tag as a base, but if I can't get it to work, it may be just background scenery, as much as I'd hate to do it.

AS FOR THE TAGS:
I need to go about re-organizing every single one of our tags. I shifted the layout of my tags folder, instead of SWMT stuff being in "vehicles\SWMT\*blahblahblah*" or "weapons\SWMT\*blahblahblah*", I've taken the liberty of just going "tags\SWMT\weapons\*blahblahblah*", etc.
This was just as something I did to clean up my tags folder a while back, and I still need to point the tags in the right directions.

That is the latest status update from the SWMT, although there could be a bit more I've missed, as I didn't take a single glimpse into my tags folder.

OTHER NOTES:
Advancebo, Nexus: Add englishmobster to Xfire. Jay2645 has been inactive for god knows how long... And I think I forgot its password.

I would also like to get this team a bit more organized, that's been our main problem so far. If I don't keep everyone motivated, everything slacks off. I guess that's mostly my fault for not specifying what exactly it is I want from you guys, but I'll try to get better at it as we try to get the SWMT back on its feet.

One last thing: While this thing WILL see a Halo release, I'm exploring the options of the Unreal Editing Kit as well. I think that the Unreal Engine would allow me to do amazing things with this mod, and while my computers ATM can barely run Unreal, I'm still exploring my options with it.

Nexus Halo

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 08:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 19       
For the Arc_Hammer the plan was to have a downed Tie fighter or that Y winged ship Vader uses by the blast door, then we could just fill it with crates since that would really be the only thing in a hangar. As for Hoth I'll actually begin modeling but I need to know if anyone would rather see a recreation of the SWBF2 version (Con is the map is gigantic and would be very difficult to kill people unless it was 100% vehicle based) or a dumb down version that will include the bases in it but slightly modified so it's half the size.

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 10:55 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       
Maybe you should read the post by Jay :X

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 16, 2020 1:48 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website