A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Bot help

Author Topic: Bot help (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ryanguy

gimme the money, i have a weapon

Posted: Jan 2, 2010 12:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I'm making this map where there are 2 team of marines, but, they never seem to move, even i put auto migration on, moving - randomly on both initial and return in both squad and starting position, i've even put moving positions, what's wrong?

If you really want to help, i can send you the map via email and then you can fix the problem(credit will be given).

ryanguy

gimme the money, i have a weapon

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 04:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I don't know, i want the AI to go to the enemy base instead of scattering, will they scatter if i position every firing position in possible cover.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 10:46 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Put the firing positions in the enemy base, and en route. Do the same for the enemy encounter. Then, make them magically see each other. Since the enemies spawn in their base (I assume, at least), then your AI will go to the enemy base to fight them, and the same for the enemies. It'll look a lot more fluid, and less robotic.

Here's a video I recorded a long time ago:

http://www.xfire.com/video/c733a/

deadlyfighter1000

Constantly a threat.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 04:19 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I remember awhile back when I first saw that video.. Seems like you're getting everyone to use your method now-a-days.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 04:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
I am. That's why I posted exactly how to do it. There's actually a more advanced method that I'm using right now, but that old method works very nicely if you want to go ahead and play with AI in a MP map.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 03:58 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
i am curious about that method though. Can you tell us?
i have been doing a lot of experimenting with AI and movement over the past few months, maybe that method would help.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 11:11 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website