A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS]

Page 2 of 284 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 284 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] (9917 messages, Page 2 of 284)
Moderators: Dennis

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 03:46 PM    Msg. 36 of 9917       
I dont think you will be able to texture those very well, if at all. Either bake the high poly things into low poly, or get ass raped when doing the uv's. Its not impossible, but it will take forever to do each model. Just saying.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 04:18 PM    Msg. 37 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
I dont think you will be able to texture those very well, if at all. Either bake the high poly things into low poly, or get ass raped when doing the uv's. Its not impossible, but it will take forever to do each model. Just saying.

Yeah thats another reason why you should be baking normals..

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 05:33 PM    Msg. 38 of 9917       
Nice Credit.

Everysingle posted pictures is Mine or Beachparty's

Look at image link form Crymod or iHalo, which is mine and BP's (ONLY!, not Xel's) Project Halo: Aero or Airborne.

Xel, you are helping but you take all credit to yourself, act like it's your project, and havent even done anything in the project.

noob. nice fail.

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 05:42 PM    Msg. 39 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Nice Credit.

Everysingle posted pictures is Mine or Beachparty's

Look at image link form Crymod or iHalo, which is mine and BP's (ONLY!, not Xel's) Project Halo: Aero or Airborne.

Xel, you are helping but you take all credit to yourself, act like it's your project, and havent even done anything in the project.

noob. nice fail.

i knew a few of those are from somewhere, lawlz.

Xel failed, he sucks, gtfo.

iHalo

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 05:47 PM    Msg. 40 of 9917       
BP's iHalo gallery Album 1/2 pics are uploaded form here.

http://ihalo.org/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=4&do=view_album&album=9

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 06:32 PM    Msg. 41 of 9917       
My crit still applies, you both need to learn to properly sub divide and stop doing whatever your doing. mainly becuase your going to have a heart attack while texturing it, and mainly becuase the way your doing it is completley wrong and pointless when it could be done in a much better fashion.

alright i just looked over your project are your pretty much doing everything wrong.

first of all before you even start designing things, or stealing from ODST in this case, you really need to sit down with everyone on your team and write down the entire script. this may take days, or weeks. ive done this before and it only took a couple days becuase we knew what we wanted.
second, don't even post anything about your project untill you actuall have completed a level or 2 thats actually in it, you don't just go and show random models and things. thats a bad idea. third, if your going to model at least do it right please. learn sub division and proper baking skills and utilize the cryengine more. right now your doing it wrong. if you take some effort and actually pay attention, you can probably learn sub division in a day. its really quite simple how it works, just need to know what your doing.

here is some great tutorials by racer445 that ive used before
http://racer445.com/

there gonna help. alot.

Edited by Higuy on Jan 20, 2010 at 06:42 PM

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 06:47 PM    Msg. 42 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: FlyAwayNow
Isint it natural to have one tusk bigger then the other at some times?

I think those are breasts you're thinking of.

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 02:42 AM    Msg. 43 of 9917       
Well, no big surprise it was all because BP didn't want lil' ol' bo bashing his models. I mean, after all, everything has to be sugar coated, right?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 06:59 AM    Msg. 44 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel
Wow 1337, you ruined it for both of us, BP and me. I was told to post without giving credit to the team for a simple reason. BP knew that Bo for example was going to bash the models if he knew they were by BP, he wanted to get real crit and not just "LOL U MODELZ SUK BECUZ I DUN LIEK U"

...thanks for ruining anyways, i didnt feel good with that lie you know <.<
Its hilarious becuase they still suck.. :|

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 07:05 AM    Msg. 45 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel
Wow 1337, you ruined it for both of us, BP and me. I was told to post without giving credit to the team for a simple reason. BP knew that Bo for example was going to bash the models if he knew they were by BP, he wanted to get real crit and not just "LOL U MODELZ SUK BECUZ I DUN LIEK U"

...thanks for ruining anyways, i didnt feel good with that lie you know <.<

LOL U SUCKZ FOR TELLING LIEZ

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 09:12 AM    Msg. 46 of 9917       
"DURR DURR I'M A RETARD" ~ Xel, and all of his little circle-jerk band.

You do realize Higuy was bashing the models before you mentioned how stupid and immature you were, right?

Normally, I would compliment and crit something on the models, but because of your false sense of pride you've got, I'll leave you to think about what you've done.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 10:18 AM    Msg. 47 of 9917       
Xel I thought you were leaving :\
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM

iHalo

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 12:09 PM    Msg. 48 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

My crit still applies, you both need to learn to properly sub divide and stop doing whatever your doing. mainly becuase your going to have a heart attack while texturing it, and mainly becuase the way your doing it is completley wrong and pointless when it could be done in a much better fashion.

alright i just looked over your project are your pretty much doing everything wrong.

first of all before you even start designing things, or stealing from ODST in this case, you really need to sit down with everyone on your team and write down the entire script. this may take days, or weeks. ive done this before and it only took a couple days becuase we knew what we wanted.
second, don't even post anything about your project untill you actuall have completed a level or 2 thats actually in it, you don't just go and show random models and things. thats a bad idea. third, if your going to model at least do it right please. learn sub division and proper baking skills and utilize the cryengine more. right now your doing it wrong. if you take some effort and actually pay attention, you can probably learn sub division in a day. its really quite simple how it works, just need to know what your doing.

there gonna help. alot.

Wonderful Post, bravo. (No Sarcasm)

I started to use sme of those tuts, and we have stopped modeling for a while for better efficiency.

also we started the script weeks ago, mostly all those assets are for first 2 levels. Which takes place in far outskirts of Mombasa. So i stopped workign on it until script is almost final.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 01:07 PM    Msg. 49 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

there gonna help. alot.

Wonderful Post, bravo. (No Sarcasm)

I started to use sme of those tuts, and we have stopped modeling for a while for better efficiency.

also we started the script weeks ago, mostly all those assets are for first 2 levels. Which takes place in far outskirts of Mombasa. So i stopped workign on it until script is almost final.

Like I said before, you shouldn't go into production until the script is final. when you finished that script, you really shouldn't be going back and making edits. i don't want to be a jerk but i really recommend just completley starting over asset wise and anything with models becuase there completley useless

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 05:38 PM    Msg. 50 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: DDT_Ghost
lol drama.

and chocolate used to be cool tho...

the other posters have gotten worse i swear !!

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 08:51 PM    Msg. 51 of 9917       
Choclate has gotten lame, I noticed that too. :(

What a dickweed. QQ

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:09 PM    Msg. 52 of 9917       

1st level will be finished pretty soon, hopefully by mid-febuary

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:16 PM    Msg. 53 of 9917       
dont worry, im going to make it so there arent nearly as many as l4d, but they will be more powerful.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 11:35 PM    Msg. 54 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: shadowslayer123
dont worry, im going to make it so there arent nearly as many as l4d, but they will be more powerful.
You also cannot sync AI over the network so the level can not be co-operative game play.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:45 AM    Msg. 55 of 9917       
@shadowslayer. give me the reach biped. pm link please. and that map I was telling you about is almost done

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:45 AM    Msg. 56 of 9917       
Actually I quite like the idea, but having 2 spartans and 2 marines seems kinda wierd, not to mention they are from different time periods. I would to either:
A) Miranda, Johnson, a new marine character, and a new ODST character
B) Spartan III's (Holly, Ash, Shane, Robert)
C) Original Spartan II's (Fred, Kelly, John, Linda)
D) Halo: Reach Spartans (Kat, Emile, Carter, Jorge)
E) H3: ODST cast (Buck, Dutch, Romeo, Mickey)

Any of those choices would be cool, but it just seems kinda odd to have characters from different storylines all mixed into one. Also, I'm not really liking all the modern weapons either.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:46 AM    Msg. 57 of 9917       
What time period? A time period of a month?

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:49 AM    Msg. 58 of 9917       
i understand about unsyncable ai. this is only single player, im going to have about 4 campaigns, with 3 levels each, and i will make a survival mode. i can handle it all myself, except for some scripting, but all 3 survivors will be controlled by ai. i will fix the characters eventually, and modern weapons seem more "left 4 dead-ish". the poster was a promo of what it will be, and to show off my emile biped. i will also make a custom hud for this. if anyone wants to help or donate tags, i will gladly accept. but even if not, like i said before, i can handle all but some scripting.
Edited by shadowslayer123 on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:54 AM

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 12:53 AM    Msg. 59 of 9917       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
What time period? A time period of a month?

I guess plot lines would be a better term.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 05:03 AM    Msg. 60 of 9917       
Im guessing you're playing as the Spartan , as usual.

Ninjadude

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 09:55 AM    Msg. 61 of 9917       
Miranda looks lul.

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 09:44 PM    Msg. 62 of 9917       

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 09:47 PM    Msg. 63 of 9917       
that's what i was gonna do >:O. but i really didn't care for a reach hud.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 10:23 PM    Msg. 64 of 9917       
doesn't really matter as long as it does its job, which is to let you know when u r gun dai.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:04 AM    Msg. 65 of 9917       
It's about time someone else does it.

Ninjadude

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 12:39 PM    Msg. 66 of 9917       
Nice

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 09:49 PM    Msg. 67 of 9917       
made more progress on l4dhe. safe room sound and door works, music works, and my first level has been picked, ill have a video up tomorrow, until then:

i need to make the pic and the name a shield panel, ill do it tomorrow. just need to scoot it over by a few pixals and its in place.

i will start my own topic once the 1st level is most of the way done.

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:34 PM    Msg. 68 of 9917       
Can we just have

>> The Rookie
>> Lieutenant Noble Six
>> John 117
>> Arbiter (Name Forgotten... Or Never Remembered)

Just for the purpose of using only people the player has ever played? Though you'd need the Rookie's detective skills, the Lieutenant's pure awesome, John's quiet sarcasm and efficency (and his pure awesome as well) and the Arbiter's pride (And massive badass alien awesomeness.)

See how I did that?

No offence, but the Neon Motion Tracker looks weird (and L4D has no such thing). The hud is akward (and L4D has Pipe Bombs and Molotov Cocktails, not those grenades). And just the same, that health thing and accompanying transparent picture look odd.

Constructive Criticism FTW.

Also, <Need string entry here> lol
Edited by FoxtrotZero on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:40 PM    Msg. 69 of 9917       
oh yeah foxtrot. Id like to see you do better. and do all the things you just said plus what shadow slayers doing. gosh if ur gonna complain actually do it then tell him

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:51 PM    Msg. 70 of 9917       
I never said it was absolute crap, i just gave my honest opinion, and if you want me to sugarcoat everything, let me know, because its still not going to happen.

That having been said, I also never said i expected him to fix anything, or that i would think any less of him if he didn't. Theres also the blatant possibility of it being incomplete.

Page 2 of 284 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 284 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue June 27, 2017 4:46 AM 1,047 ms.
A Halo Maps Website