A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Request]Sidewinder Firefight

Author Topic: [Request]Sidewinder Firefight (34 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 02:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 34       
Re-posted by admin due to locked thread:

Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
I know a lot of you guys are kinda sick of firefight requests but I realised Sidewinder's layout makes it pretty unique for firefight. You can have enemies coming around the bend, along the side, through the middle, and out of that high cave thing in the middle. or you could have snipers on the bend, and maybe a shade turret near where it normally is (blue base is better) that rains minor fire at you.
what do you think?

Ninjadude

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 02:46 AM    Msg. 2 of 34       
depends where the player starts, and with what.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 02:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
You never reposted my locked topic.
And that topic actually had a decent purpose.

The world doesn't revolve around you C:

Dragonmaster91

"Q, what nonsense is this?!"

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 06:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Well it should.
If it did, there would be no such thing as planet Earth 'nymore.

Dragonmaster91

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 06:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel

I'm fine with planet l0d3x.
Edited by Xel on Jan 16, 2010 at 06:24 PM
I meant the planet would blow up. Anyway, we be off topic, so let's work on getting this back on track.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 03:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 34       
Lol i thought dennis was requesting a firefight mode

FlyAwayNow

Triage at Dawn

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 08:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 34       
Yes we are all THAT desperate.

Dragonmaster91

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 09:36 AM    Msg. 8 of 34       
no i just saw a lot of potential in Sidewinder due to the number of ways to get from one base to another, and how different each one is from the others.
Like how 2 of the 3 require tunnels?

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 10:16 AM    Msg. 9 of 34       
It's a good idea. Sidewinder is a rather dynamic map.
Except, unlike the Timberland firefight variant, please do not change the biped. It is very annoying.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 01:40 PM    Msg. 10 of 34       
give it nav points so you have to fight your way from one base to other for the next wave to start

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 02:39 PM    Msg. 11 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
give it nav points so you have to fight your way from one base to other for the next wave to start

That is actually a good idea. Especially for the larger and more complicated maps.

Dragonmaster91

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 10:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 34       
you could make it so that every ten or so waves, a warning appears telling you to move to a new position due to a huge wave of covenant arriving.

here's an example of how it might go.
Wave 1. You're in blue base, red base is empty, all covenant come via dropships which drop on the cliffs, or at ground level, on both sides of the map. you are restricted to the "blue" side of the map by a death barrier. A pelican evacuation has already been called by one of your marines. You need to hold off the covenant until it arrives.
Wave 10. You get a warning to move to red base due to covenant raiding blue base. As you run, dropships visibly deploy invincible enemies behind you to signify they have taken over. The death barrier is removed. The next wave will arrive once you get to red base.
Wave 11. Dropships get less common as the enemies at blue base arrive instead.
Wave 20. You get another warning to move to the tunnels between the bases, most of the stuff is the same as in wave 10.
Wave 21. From now on enemies from both red and blue base will be attacking alternatively.
Wave 29. You are warned that the covenant from blue base are going to move into the tunnels. you need to slip past by going around.
Wave 30. The covenant leave blue base for the tunnels and you can reoccupy it.
Wave 31. From now onwards enemies will come from tunnels, and around the bend.
Wave 34. Another warning appears to inform you massive amounts of covenant are about to arrive. You must go through the teleporter onto the cliffs when it opens (it was closed before)
Wave 35. The pelican has arrived but cannot find anywhere to land. It has cleared out the top floor of red base, now you must run along the cliffs, passing teleporters and evading/clearing out the newly dropped covenant. On the last cliff, a final challenge; a zealot and 2 hunters, awaits. You can try to run past them or kill them to proceed. On the top floor of red base, the pelican is ready to pick up you and any marines that may have somehow survived.

tada
Or you could do a Gears of War 2 Horde type thing. That always was the original Firefight. Another good idea would be like a sort of Left 4 Dead type thing. You know, Grunts would be the CI, figure the rest out.

Learn how to spawn a flood of Grunts (searching for you) attacking you over a say- minute from the last flood of Grunts.

Grunts are perfect CI as they are just as weak and easy to kill with little to no problem, but a ton could hurt you severely.

olly12345

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:09 PM    Msg. 13 of 34       
Sounds difficult.... I like it!
Instead of just a death barrier make it so you have 10 seconds while a message says "Turn Back And Wait For Extraction" and instead of dying make a cutscene that shows the pelican arriving and leaving without you..... then you get by a whole army of elites, grunts and hunters. that would be the ultimate Fight ever.

In Short: You go past the Barrier: The pelican arrives and leave's without you. You then fight a non stop attack coming from red base that you will have no chance of winning.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 02:03 AM    Msg. 14 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dragonmaster91
you could make it so that every ten or so waves, a warning appears telling you to move to a new position due to a huge wave of covenant arriving.

Wave 1. You're in blue base, red base is empty, all covenant come via dropships which drop on the cliffs, or at ground level, on both sides of the map. you are restricted to the "blue" side of the map by a death barrier. A pelican evacuation has already been called by one of your marines. You need to hold off the covenant until it arrives.
Wave 10. You get a warning to move to red base due to covenant raiding blue base. As you run, dropships visibly deploy invincible enemies behind you to signify they have taken over. The death barrier is removed. The next wave will arrive once you get to red base.
Wave 20. You get another warning to move to the tunnels between the bases, most of the stuff is the same as in wave 10.
Wave 21. From now on enemies from both red and blue base will be attacking alternatively.
Wave 29. You are warned that the covenant from blue base are going to move into the tunnels. you need to slip past by going around.
Wave 34. Another warning appears to inform you massive amounts of covenant are about to arrive. You must go through the teleporter onto the cliffs when it opens (it was closed before)
Wave 35. The pelican has arrived but cannot find anywhere to land. It has cleared out the top floor of red base, now you must run along the cliffs, passing teleporters and evading/clearing out the newly dropped covenant. On the last cliff, a final challenge; a zealot and 2 hunters, awaits. You can try to run past them or kill them to proceed. On the top floor of red base, the pelican is ready to pick up you and any marines that may have somehow survived.

tada
Or you could do a Gears of War 2 Horde type thing. That always was the original Firefight. Another good idea would be like a sort of Left 4 Dead type thing. You know, Grunts would be the CI, figure the rest out.

Learn how to spawn a flood of Grunts (searching for you) attacking you over a say- minute from the last flood of Grunts.

Grunts are perfect CI as they are just as weak and easy to kill with little to no problem, but a ton could hurt you severely.

Mind explaining the gears of war 2 horde and the left4dead thing? I really like the navpoint firefight idea... you could basically use it to create a superlarge level. For example, that would make a sweet level of maps such as that extended death island map (the one that includes interiors, basically the same thing as SP level silent cartogropher), where you would go to place to place and survive mini-firefights. It would even out the line between a firefight and a SP map.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 02:21 AM    Msg. 15 of 34       

tada

Ok Guys lets make a FireFight! cause that sounds epic. but like Dwood said w/ the 10 second thing we should do that!

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 05:47 PM    Msg. 16 of 34       
Easier said then done, I'm afraid.

Unles.. you want to volunteer for the job. That way you'll be sure that it'll turn out the way you want.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 05:54 PM    Msg. 17 of 34       

Here is a modified version of Sidewinder I made for a Machinima I might make. Anyways I think this one would be way better than the actual sidewinder because it's smaller.

Slayer117

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:50 PM    Msg. 18 of 34       
no becuase the idea was to have the player move to points of the map. and it would be more fun for the m to walk farther while dodging fire of the invincable Ai.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 09:11 PM    Msg. 19 of 34       
Making firefights are easy, the hardest part would be the dropships. And if you want me to make it i want you to contribute something you have made yourself. grab some video tutorials and make some scenery, anims, anything.
Edited by Dwood on Jan 25, 2010 at 09:17 PM

Slayer117

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:37 PM    Msg. 20 of 34       
L0D3X had some epic dropships following comands in his firefight. who knows maybe you can ask him for help.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 06:50 AM    Msg. 21 of 34       
btw im not doing anything except giving ideas.

Then you shall never get your hands on a copy of this map. I'm not going to be making this just because someone requested a good idea. If you guys want it then you'll have to contribute or else if I ever do make it, it'll never see a release.
Edited by Dwood on Jan 26, 2010 at 06:51 AM

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 09:53 AM    Msg. 22 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Then you shall never get your hands on a copy of this map. I'm not going to be making this just because someone requested a good idea. If you guys want it then you'll have to contribute or else if I ever do make it, it'll never see a release.

I don't get that. I mean, sure, Ice wants to be a lazy ass, but whats the point of making a map and not releasing it? Therefore, you contribute because you want to see the good idea brought to life, or you don't do a damn thing about it at all.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 03:07 PM    Msg. 23 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: FoxtrotZero

I don't get that. I mean, sure, Ice wants to be a lazy ass, but whats the point of making a map and not releasing it? Therefore, you contribute because you want to see the good idea brought to life, or you don't do a damn thing about it at all.

Because I don't want to have someone enjoy something unless they work on it? I'm not going to let anyone benefit from something I made when all they did was give ideas without at least trying... I mean sure if you've got other projects I see you working on yeah mb I'll be happy to do something for you. (just ask jesse :P) But if someone wants to just sit by after being invited to contribute and say no? yeah sorry.

Exactly. I will contribute and make the bulk of a sp map but if the person who came up with the idea wants to just sit by? ain't gonna happen soldja boi.

Edit: Every time I read this Im going off on a tangent >.< To enjoy one's own work is why.
Edited by Dwood on Jan 26, 2010 at 03:10 PM

Slayer117

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 24 of 34       
Hey I was thinking about starting this up Dwood wanna help me. if so add me to Xfire unless were already friends

Slayermaster93

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:31 PM    Msg. 25 of 34       

I don't want to seem as if i'm speaking for him, but one possible reason is that its nearly impossible to finish a map without help. Although Dwood my have intentions otherwise, many maps are not completely finished by the time they are released, because the person who is making the map gets bored/ decided to do something else more worthwhile. having a team eliminates this problems, however.

Yah, so help this guy. (if you want this to happen.)

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:44 PM    Msg. 26 of 34       
Requester's point of view: Because of certain problems, we are unable to make the maps ourselves. Either that, or I have a cool idea that I'd love to see used ingame, but I'm still learning, and am not good enough to make the thing.

Guy who takes the request's point of view: Sure, I'll help you achieve your dream to see it ingame, but it seems like a demand if you don't at least try to contribute. Though you may have problems getting HEK to work, you could try doing things to speed up the process, such as find certain tags that I need, and all the boring grunt work that is necessary.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 08:58 PM    Msg. 27 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Hey I was thinking about starting this up Dwood wanna help me. if so add me to Xfire unless were already friends

Slayermaster93

I would totally join you in xfire but... my Win machine that has xfire on it... is not connected to the internet. We'd have to communicate via pm or over this thread.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 10:33 PM    Msg. 28 of 34       
...Or you could install xFire. You're obviously on a computer of some form.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 11:16 PM    Msg. 29 of 34       
...Or you could install xFire. You're obviously on a computer of some form.

Please. just stop talking. I know if I can or can't use xfire tyvm.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 11:55 PM    Msg. 30 of 34       
If you wouldn't be so vauge and leave massive holes open, I wouldn't have to aim for the weak spots. You're like a jackal without a shield gauntlet (Halo Joke XD).

As for not talking, i'm not talking, i am typing. See how I did that? The defence rests.

Slayer117

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:11 AM    Msg. 31 of 34       
when did i sign u as my attorney lol.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:13 AM    Msg. 32 of 34       
Whose attourney? I'll admit, i'm just giving him a hard time, but i'm not doing it selectively, he's just vulnurable. He can ignore it, because its not like i'm flooding or typing in caps with excessively unreadable grammar, but it really is hard-wired into my nature.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 10:56 AM    Msg. 33 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vastanus neshtrog

I don't want to seem as if i'm speaking for him, but one possible reason is that its nearly impossible to finish a map without help. Although Dwood my have intentions otherwise, many maps are not completely finished by the time they are released, because the person who is making the map gets bored/ decided to do something else more worthwhile. having a team eliminates this problems, however.

Yah, so help this guy. (if you want this to happen.)

personal excperiance? how would you go about it? wisdom please

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 07:33 PM    Msg. 34 of 34       
I think you be trollin. Your questions make either no sence or are pointless. You're questioning a constant.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 21, 2019 5:08 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website