A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] ATV Arena

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] ATV Arena (73 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 02:43 AM    Msg. 1 of 73       
------------------------------------------

Announcements:

Beta 0.3 released.
http://www.filefront.com/15381613/atv_arena_beta_0_3.zipx/

-------------------------------------------
Have you noticed me and killerkiwi asking a lot of questions lately? Now you know why.

This map was originally my idea. However, all of the map making and assembling is by killerkiwi. (and help)

Author: Killer kiwi

Intro: A combat arena constructed by human forces for training in vehicle combat and control with the M271 Ultra-light All-Terrain Vehicle (one of the predecessors of the M274, also known as the mongoose). This vehicle is a prototype designed for SPARTANS, and utilizes their superior strength and control to both drive and fire a weapon at the same time.

Disbanded because of a reputation of the running over marines, and causing extreme cases of amaxophobia in most training participants. It seems as if, while driving, killing aliens is just as much of a distraction as texting.

It has since returned to use for an unknown reason. DUN DUN DUN DUN (lol ominous)

Map Description:
Players always spawn in a non-combat area tunnel, with an ATV. Next to the spawn area are a few weapons, which you can choose to enter combat with. When all pre-combat preperations are completed, players will ride out of the tunnel into the combat arena. The arena is hilled, although its topology differs depending on the sections. A low priority path is marked as a "path" that leads to the river. If the player does not wish to take the path, he may also go up on one of the large hills, and participate in long range combat with the enemy team. A river divides the map into the blue area, and red area. It is possible to ride through the river, although enemies can easily ambush you at this stage, or you may travel to one of the 2 bridges on the far ends of the river.

There are some weapon spawnpoints on the combat area. Some of the weapons are long range, most are short range, and some incorporate armor-peircing small-explosive bullets, which may be used to disable/hamper vehicle stability.

Special features:
* alternate routes throughout the map
* "precombat preperations" Choose from 4 weapons and 2 grenades.
* Fly/Jump/Soar into battle from the spawn tunnels. This prevents you from getting run over when you spawn. Projectiles and grenades are also unable to enter or exit spawn tunnels.
* extra damage when you hit the player on the vehicle.
* Possible "speed burst" mechanic. Melleing while in a vehicle makes you boost a little faster, doing more damage if you crash into someone..
* if all ATVs are taken, you will spawn in an holding area and then teleport to one of the hills... which you can then use the slightly more powerful weapons to kill an ATV rider and steal their vehicle.

Notes:

Ctf games will consist of players breaching the enemy defences and taking the flag, then all enemy forces will attempt to ambush/chase/kill the person who steal there flag. This map is designed for interesting vehicle chases. Suggested game settings: 5 flag win, flag must be at base to score, flag cannot be manually returned, 60 second vehicle respawn time.

KOH and oddball games will be interesting... you're constantly chasing someone, escaping, defending, or invading. all gametypes should be played with 30 second vehicle respawn time. players may play on vehicles or on foot. Non-crazy KOTH's hill is smack dab in the middle of the river, half and one side half on the other. Crazy Koth has small hills randomly scattered everywhere.

Using "generic weapon spawn" starts you with pistol/assualt rifle. using "custom weapon spawn" will spawn you with plasma pisol and plasma rifle. If you have the patience to wait, extra ammo and grenades will be supplied every 15 seconds (if you want to fill up before fighting). Using "classic" weapons will remove all the explosive heavies from the map.

Racing is done primarily around the river and bridges... and is differnt from most racing games because a lot of combat occurs. When someone is shot down, and they're vehicle hasn't respawned, they might have to go through one of the teleporters because of not enough vehicles to go around. They'll then use the better weapons (which are coincidentally placed near the teleporter sites) to take down one of the racers and steal his/her vehicle. Fun stuff!

Although you may not want to travel to one of the bridges on either side of the river, it may save time. The river is as slippery as ice, and it slows you down considerably. Your ATV might even get stuck, if you're not careful.

Try with 400% health CTF rockets/heavy weapons. Its... rather.. uh.. interesting. All shotguns is pretty fun too (you ram into people while shooting at them, hoping for a OHKO)

Compatible weapons. I decided to change as little as possible without ruining gameplay:
Plasma pistol
Human pistol
Plasma rifle
Assualt rifle
Needler
Shotgun
Covanent carbine (probably)
Battle rifle (probably)
Brute Plasma rifle (possibly)
SMG (possibly)
Fuel rod launcher (possibly)
Rocket launcher
Brute shot (possibly)
Sniper rifle (possibly)
Beam rifle (possibly)
Brute spiker (possibly)
Flame thrower (possibly)
Landmine grenade/equipment (possibly)
The warthog gun (carried on your shoulder like a rocket launcher)

In the final version, long range weaponry will be found on the "Big Hill," Mid range weaponry will be found on the "Small hill," Close range will be found near the river bank area, and heavies will be found near the bridges.

Suggested Gametype
(in order of preference)

*Race. 3 laps win
*Reverse tag: whoeveres "it" gets bonus defence
*CTF
*Heavy weapon CTF

Additional Notes:

It seems as if Killerkiwi dosn't mind making this public. If everything goes to plan, we will release templates of the arena, without the topology, so that other players may make they're own version of the map. Additionally, We may develope our own sequels to this map, which may include versions that are bigger/longer/wider.

Design conception:

Design conception

Photoshots (from least recent to current):
Pre-beta: n/a

beta:

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/blkk_the_blkkbelt/Haloce/
^Pics. I'll post some more of them direcly here after i get less lazy.

Arial of the base

Arial of the middle of the map

Spawn Tunnels

Needler + river

The path

Slip'n slide

Under the bridge

Weapons rack

Riding the hills

The shots won't go through the plasma membrane, btw. Thanks to all who helped made this happen

GOGOGO

Open Public beta: n/a
Fin: n/a

Video link:
[TBD]

Planning to release a video when the Final or Open Beta comes out.

Links:
Prebeta: http://www.filefront.com/15381613/atv_arena_beta_0_3.zipx/
Open Public Beta: TBD
Final: TBD
Youtube videos: TBD
Templates: TBD

Last Notes:

I'm Interested in finding some closed beta testers. The beta (when made) will only be found on a link to this thread. The finished versoin as well as the Open Public Beta will be released into the halomaps database.

If I need help, I might post a question on this thread.

Current To-do list:
You'll find updates and additional information here. Most of this is taken from a list adressed to killerkiwi to oragnized what I hoped would be done.

Important:
Aiming where the recticle points
Right now, the player can't point his gun really low when on the vehicle... make it so that he could, essentially, fire under him. (I have a reason for wanting to do this... theres a trick you can do where this would be useful). Make it so that he can point it higher up, as well. The left and right boundaries are good

Map:
River: needs new texture things so that it dosn't look icy.
Teleporters....
Higher Poly Terrain. No really sharp edges.
Blending materials? w/e that means
The whole map needs better textures.

Misc:
Make the atv lighter... so grenades and melles knock it farther away.
If shots hit the vehicle, it does .75x damage. if it hits the player, it does 1.5x the damage. Or, if you can't change how much the player gets damaged, make the vehicle recieve only one half as much damage.
Make collisions MUCH MORE collsiony. If two vehicles hit, they should fly off in differnt dirrections.
Fix the "hold E to get in MISSING STRING"
This one's probably going to be implemented.. pressing the control button while in a vehicle gives you a 1 second boost where your engine goes into overdrive and becomes twice as powerful. any damage you do x2. the isn't that useful for escaping, but will be useful for combat. has a 30 second recharge time.

Weapons: (do original weapon modifications first)
Fix the positions of the weapons on the weapon rack... make the lay on the rack, and not be at a weird angle.
Possible change. Out of 8 spawn tunnels, far left and far right have both pistols, battle rifle, and cov carbine.The ones in the very middle have shotgun, spiker, plasma rifle, AR. So 25% of the time, you spawn in an tunnel which supplies accurate weaponry. 25% of the time you spawn in a tunnel where you are give the close range weaponry. Most of the time, you are just give the normal stuff (PP, PR, AR, P). some of the weaponry will still spawn in the field, but this will reduce the need for people to go around and have to get out of their ATVs to pick up weaponry.
Balance weapons.

Animations:
Fix grenade throw animation
Rocket launcher relaod animation
flamethrower grip animation

Pending Questions:

Is it possible to "If shots hit the vehicle, it does .75x damage. if it hits the player, it does 1.5x the damage."

Why does the flamethrower have a really weird grip style? The flamethrower poitns in an odd angle up into the air, and the flames shoot out that way, but the damage is done in front of the flamthrower. (the scrotch marks still match the angle i point it at.

Anybody want to help improve the model? and/or textures?

Announcements:

We know you hate the current model and textures. They will change. If you want to comment about the models, please say something constructive. Be specific.

Beta 0.3 released. Viewer discretion strongly advised.

Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 18, 2010 at 08:39 PM
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 19, 2010 at 01:28 AM
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 19, 2010 at 01:29 AM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 03:06 AM    Msg. 2 of 73       
Not a bad idea. Looks quite promising. I hate to ask because this is always prone to change, but what is the "timeframe" in which you think a release will occur. I know you have a bit of a to do list there.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 03:18 AM    Msg. 3 of 73       
Tommorow sound good?

PX173

It was worth it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 03:36 AM    Msg. 4 of 73       
If you're going CE classic, please tweak the AR's accuracy, it just isn't fit for a rifle. And please tweak the pistol so that it kills in five shots, not one. I can see you're adding variety to the tagset. That's something the original CE lacked, when compared to the other games.

Just in case you don't know how to do the stuff in the misc part(which I'm pretty sure you know how to do 75% of it, else you would've already finished it):
-change the vehicle mass in the physics
-question: when the vehicle takes damage, does it decrease your shields(the atv's invincible), count as one step towards doom(the atv's vulnerable), or both(H3 style)? Either way, you could just change the hitpoints in the collision model, although I'm 75% sure you'll have to edit the damage_effect tags. It's in your weapons, of course.
-I dunno. I don't even know if it's possible with the physics engine.
-Pretty much just a unicode_string_list(or something).

Ninjadude

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 04:37 AM    Msg. 5 of 73       
Nice concept

killer kiwi

live and let die

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 04:40 AM    Msg. 6 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
If you're going CE classic, please tweak the AR's accuracy, it just isn't fit for a rifle. And please tweak the pistol so that it kills in five shots, not one. I can see you're adding variety to the tagset. That's something the original CE lacked, when compared to the other games.

Just in case you don't know how to do the stuff in the misc part(which I'm pretty sure you know how to do 75% of it, else you would've already finished it):
-question: when the vehicle takes damage, does it decrease your shields(the atv's invincible), count as one step towards doom(the atv's vulnerable), or both(H3 style)? Either way, you could just change the hitpoints in the collision model, although I'm 75% sure you'll have to edit the damage_effect tags. It's in your weapons, of course.

This version is just to test game play fairness on both sides and all the scripts work and to find the bugs in my modling skills"LOL". As for the upgrades to the weapons we plan to get this done by the next relese and will also work will be done on the mongoose.

Note: We have got this far in about 4 weeks and this is because of the help that has been given at the fourms and i will make a list of all the poeple that have helped us with this as I beleave in giving gredit where it and when it is dew.
Edited by killer kiwi on Jan 17, 2010 at 04:53 AM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 10:22 AM    Msg. 7 of 73       
this is the most creative thing ive seen in a while, even if it looks bad model wise.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 11:28 AM    Msg. 8 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173

We know how to do this, thanks
Only the sheilds... ATV's are invincible
Explain?

Higuy: We're not completely done modeling either... we're probably going to up the poly on some of the hills and other stuff. But what exactly is bothering you? The map, the weapons, or the vehicles?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:02 PM    Msg. 9 of 73       
I'm going to be pretty blunt about this.

It looks like some take a giant crap and that was your map, except its green. Your "bases" or luancher atv things don't need any work really. However, your terrain needs alot of work. I don't care if your done modeling or not, what you showed us looks like crap. To be honest until you have something decent to show I wouldn't be showing pictures. Like right now im working on a very big project however I'm not going to announce or say anything to anyone about it until its at least 80% or 90% complete or mostly everything modeling and environment art wise is done.

Another thing is don't use random textures applied too it.. I dunno if those are your final textures but I sure as hell hope not. Make some custom ones, its not that hard if you know Photoshop at least a little. You can apply one texture for the entire map, while useing a different shader applied to part of it for your "slip n slide" for example. This also works good if your doing a river or something as well.

Theres alot of sharp edges in the terrain and thats a really bad idea especially if its a vehicle map too. Use the cut tool to shape things out and you can use soft selection a little too. Just make sure your polygon count and vert count is controlled..

There's just so many things to make a creative idea go bad. However if you know what your doing you can control those bad things and make it good. I just want you to be able to make a good map and not something horrible and bad like my first map. Whenever I see something like this I hope people take more then meets the eye into consideration.

I really hope you don't release this soon, becuase it needs alot of work.
Edited by Higuy on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:08 PM    Msg. 10 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
this is the most creative thing ive seen in a while, even if it looks bad model wise.

It doesn't look bad model wise.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:16 PM    Msg. 11 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D

Yes, it does.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:20 PM    Msg. 12 of 73       
the trail is hideous. don't just select random faces and apply a different material to them. go back to those "step one" tutorials about making a ground texture.

PS: where did i see that floorplan before? it's been a while but i have seen it before for sure.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:23 PM    Msg. 13 of 73       

Yes, it does.

It's a matter of opinion. And yours is always wrong. Get used to it.

It looks fine man!

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:25 PM    Msg. 14 of 73       
Haha! It seems as if I have a rather low standard.

Okay, I'll tell you why I want to release this peice of crap map and finish texturing and modeling later. This map isn't a conventional map. Your map, (which i'm going to assume is similar to your previous maps) has predecessors. Furthermore, you have a lot of experience on what is good/what is bad what will or will not work. You know where to place weapons and how to build places so they don't become gamebreaking.

Neither of these 2 things apply to this map. I'm new at making maps, and something like this hasn't been done before.

I need to know if there are any big loopholes through my design. If we need to change the map layout, we don't want to have to redo too much stuff.

It seems your liking the concept, but not the way we're going with it. If you want, you could help us....? A senior mapper working on this would be great.

Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:30 PM    Msg. 15 of 73       
I would but I have other things to work on, sorry. However if you need help you can xfire me at higuy5.

also kid:
lol.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 16 of 73       
I don't have xfire.. but i think killerkiwi does.

do you have gmail?

Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
the trail is hideous. don't just select random faces and apply a different material to them. go back to those "step one" tutorials about making a ground texture.

PS: where did i see that floorplan before? it's been a while but i have seen it before for sure.

Oh yah, I put up a request for this map a couple of months back. That is the original floorplan.

I know the textures are crap. But are you talking about the modeling too? Do you think we should raise the track up or something?

Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:41 PM    Msg. 17 of 73       

Yes, it does.

It's a matter of opinion. And yours is always wrong. Get used to it.

It looks fine man!

Um....

Really?

DEEhunter

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:46 PM    Msg. 18 of 73       
No, the model is bad. Blend your materials and show some more effort.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:47 PM    Msg. 19 of 73       
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1510
This will help with the ground texture.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:55 PM    Msg. 20 of 73       
Thanks...

Updated the first post with the texturing and modeling problems.

DEEhunter

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 12:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 73       
Some defence turrets would effect gameplay nicely.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 01:19 PM    Msg. 22 of 73       
hmmm.. interesting idea.

but where would you put them? On top of the hills? the curvature isn't right for that... it wouldn't be able to hit at the base of the hill, only probably the other side of the river... we'll see.

killer kiwi

live and let die

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 02:36 PM    Msg. 23 of 73       
I know the model needs work a bit more tweeking but as this is only a release to see if the concept and layout works why spend the time doing it to a high standard. As for the bitmaps yes thay are just put on for the same reason and when we get the final layout correct and size maybe. Then I will make the bitmaps for the ground so the path and terrain blend in.

Now as for using just one texture for the ground that wont work as there is two areas where you have to have 2 different colours in the same area and i know how i will do this part anyway.
Edited by killer kiwi on Jan 17, 2010 at 02:55 PM

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 04:10 PM    Msg. 24 of 73       
So I think we've decided on releasing a pre-beta which may or maynot be closed. we need to see how the map works with 4-8 people in a server at a time.

itll be done in the next few days, and we'll put it thorugh some last min checks before announcing whether its going to be posted on this thread or its just going to be sent to choice people for feedback.

Sorry higuy, if you don't want to see, just don't click the links. :P
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 17, 2010 at 04:12 PM

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 12:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 73       
your enthusiam is appreciated?

Seriously, if you don't want the sandwhich, don't eat it. But don't complain about how the sandwhich tastes.

Ninjadude

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 12:12 PM    Msg. 26 of 73       
If another beta goes by without me on it... I'll, I'll, I'll
probably cry.

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 01:19 PM    Msg. 27 of 73       
So me and killer have decided... its going up very soon..

Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 18, 2010 at 04:00 PM

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 08:44 PM    Msg. 28 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vastanus neshtrog

Suggested Gametype
(in order of preference)

*Race. 3 laps win
*Reverse tag: whoeveres "it" gets bonus defence
*CTF
*Heavy weapon CTF

Links:
Prebeta: http://www.filefront.com/15381613/atv_arena_beta_0_3.zipx/
Open Public Beta: TBD
Final: TBD
Youtube videos: TBD
Templates: TBD

Announcements:

We know you hate the current model and textures. They will change. If you want to comment about the models, please say something constructive. Be specific.

Beta 0.3 released. Viewer discretion strongly advised.

Updated.

Quote: --- Original message by: Vastanus neshtrog

Viewer discretion strongly advised.

Don't say I didn't warn you!
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 18, 2010 at 08:46 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 09:25 PM    Msg. 29 of 73       
Isn't a "prebeta" just an "alpha"? Or is there a certain reason for using "prebeta"?

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 09:39 PM    Msg. 30 of 73       
FFFff.... whateves

excuse my lack of terminology knowledge.

killer kiwi

live and let die

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 10:19 PM    Msg. 31 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Isn't a "prebeta" just an "alpha"? Or is there a certain reason for using "prebeta"?

You are correct alpha is a more correct turm for the map as it stands

The main reason we have put this out now is to test the concept and to see if the map is the correct size and layout and is also evenly ballenced for each side. Why spend lots of time on making a very good model to scrap it the next day!!!

The other reasion is to test a few scripts that are in there when you more than two players because I have scripted the way the players get spawned so thay will always have a atv if one is in the tunnels and if not you can wait or go though a teleport to a random spawn point on the map. This is working but has a few wee bugs in it which i need to test with a few players.

the map as it stands is working and is better than many of the maps that have been put on halomaps but it is no where near being complete!

Known bugs
1. The model is crap
2. If you reset the surver there are no vehicles. "Working on getting fixed know what the prob is just need to work out how to fix it"
3. weapon spawn points need fixed.

As for the comments feedback is good even if it is bad but when you get feed back that sounds like a 2 year old having a paddy i dont even listen. So give us feeback please but not from a 2 year old.

And to the 2 year olds out there make a map in three weeks with also making all of the scripts with the two of us on different sides of the planet and see what you get

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 07:00 PM    Msg. 32 of 73       
We'd also like to do some testing with mutliple people. I imagine around 4 people would be enough to test it out. Anyone who is literate in english is allowed. We'd also appreciate if you were able to follow simple directions, although most of the time, we'll just observe people doing whatever freely. We need to see how smart minds could utilize a bug or a blip in the map to their advantage.

Send me a PM, and we'll organize a time to get in a server together. Something like that. Or you could join a server with the map, if you see one running. (i think we might have a dedicated, but its buggy.)

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 02:47 AM    Msg. 33 of 73       
Jump back into the think tank and come up with something really original and then you can call it a concept. As it is right now, Bad
note. This is constructive because you say you don't want to put effort into something no one is going to like? ,yet, have put considerable effort into the presentation and game play?
Put as much effort and thought behind your maps as you do your presentations and then what yoursaying won't sound like a contradiction.
killerKiwi-how can you possibly say this is better than most maps on ce? I respect your mapping but come on man, really?

concept: an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances
a general notion or idea
a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.
A concept is that which is understood by a term, particularly a predicate. To possess a concept is to be able to deploy a term expressing it in making judgements: the ability connects with such things as recognizing when the term applies, and being able to understand the CONSEQUENCES of its application.
Peace gentlemen

Edited by xsnoder on Jan 25, 2010 at 06:35 AM

Vastanus neshtrog

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 06:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 73       
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

Jump back into the think tank and come up with something really original and then you can call it a concept. As it is right now, Bad

I disagree. Its a good concept. Its just not applied.

note. This is constructive because you say you don't want to put effort into something no one is going to like? ,yet, have put considerable effort into the presentation and game play?
Put as much effort and thought behind your maps as you do your presentations and then what yoursaying won't sound like a contradiction.

Oh haha! I know you wouldn't know, but theres really a simple explenation for this. Killer Kiwi does pretty much all of the map making, I deal with presentation, give my opinion, direct his skills etc. So obviously, the workload is much more heavy on his side than mine.

So I don't mind spending more time on the presentation, because my work is not the limiting factor in this project. The map making process is only as fast as Killerkiwi can work.

That is why there "seems " to be more effort put in presentation than in gameplay. (Common, writting and preparing this thread took 2 hours, tops. Think about how much time it takes to make a map). You were wrong.

killerKiwi-how can you possibly say this is better than most maps on ce? I respect your mapping but come on man, really?

hm... I won't take this kind of crap when its adressed at him. That, at least, is not constructive. Buzz off, kiddo. You have no idea how immature and weak you're sounding. (espcially if you fight back)
Inb4flamewarthatwillbumpmythreadlots
Inb4beigefail

concept: an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances
a general notion or idea
a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.
A concept is that which is understood by a term, particularly a predicate. To possess a concept is to be able to deploy a term expressing it in making judgements: the ability connects with such things as recognizing when the term applies, and being able to understand the CONSEQUENCES of its application.
Peace gentlemen

Well... i'm not going to bend so low to say tl;dr, but...

Okay, I was having a little bit of trouble going through the linguistics in your post. Forgive me if you wrote anything too confusing in it.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jan 26, 2010 03:49 AM    Msg. 35 of 73       
Maybe English classes or even Glasses might help?
Lack of education and wisdom also produces confusion and anger ,so, I understand why you think I am attacking you and killerkiwi.
It is not confusing and I was not trying to be an A$$. You are defending something you just made confusiing yourself.
This idea has been chewed thru 3 times in the last year ,so, yes it is not a new idea. a good one, but, not a new one. Also the map is "bad" (asthetics wise) and is not original (the layout kinda looks like a beavercreek rub off) sorry that is what it looks like to me. Don't know how to pre slice that for ya?
You truley missed what I was trying to say in the qoute. Notice this word is caps in my orig statement? CONSEQUENCES All I can tell ya is take the responsibility for your project not a defensive position. Learn Philosophy then you will get it.
Understand ,Also, I am far from a child. I have children your age doing the same things you are doing here ,, so gather your mouth and have something a little more constructive to say too me other then "your most un-educated answere of all time"
your response is bothersom and turning this on me is typical of someone who can't take the truth or even a constructive insight.

btw-- You would not be defending this map the way you are if you had not put alot of work into it and believed it would be "worth while" So, yes it is a contradiction. I call this advertising not beta. You thought it would get high reviews and it is, but your getting some minor crit and you can't handle that. I understand this more than anyone here.
To understand what I say, Take a 1st year psychology course.

I made a mock of this map and it took me 2 hours. Just wanted to see what all the time talk is about. So I guess, You are wrong. This is not a pi$$ing contest you know

let me make this as clear as possible
If you don't want the truth don't put it out there.

FOR THOSE WHO MAKE IT ABOUT ME
YES I am 40 years old and a USMC retiree , so if this makes you uncomfy to bad. Young and old alike love this game so deal with it.
Remember the M on the box, well thats what I thought when I bought it, so imagine my surprise to see a sh!t load of 11 year olds?
I don't judge you , please do not judge me.

There are links in my xfire profile if you want to know more about me.

Edited by xsnoder on Jan 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 5:39 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website