A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »Creating a Halo 3 Machinima...is it illegal?

Author Topic: Creating a Halo 3 Machinima...is it illegal? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 09:57 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Hey there! I am starting to create a Halo 3 Machinima, but i have been told that it is illegal, because Rooster Teeth and Machinima.com have "Declared rights" to all of the Halo games on the Xbox consoles up to Halo Wars (by purchasing there video making rights them) for making a Halo Machinimas, that are in a series of events (like Red vs Blue). Now this may sound like a lode of bullcrap but i have heard it from multiple people (on Xbox live and on other websites), and one of them got in trouble with the law. And the only way you can make a Halo Machinima is by working for Machinima.com or the makers of Halo (Bungie and/or MS). This can be proven to a point like: have you ever noticed how most (if not all) Halo Machinimas (mostly Halo 3) have been made by people who work for Machinima.com? Well that is one of the few reasons that can support this "Belief" or "Fact". But it all comes down to this...Is any of this crazy nonsense even true? If so....than that is a complete outrageous stupid thing to have happen. If not, then that is a good thing. Ether way..I can go with the way things go. And if this IS a lode nonsense then i can make my Halo 3 Machinima. So if it comes to be that it turns out that way, then i need some recruits to help me with me Halo 3 Video series.

Just let me know

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
You can make Halo 3 Machinimas. The thing Rooster Teeth signed, was a form allowing them rights to make money off of their machinimas. If you create a Halo 3 Machinima, you cannot sell it for money.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 12:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 11:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
you can't sell your videos but there are some loop holes you can get through to make money off of it.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 09:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Or you could, you know, make machinimas for the public's enjoyment rather than for profit?

videoman

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 11:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Gammas got a point... big point!I don't want to make money off of Halo 3 machinimas (even though it would be nice), i just want to do it for the public enjoyment.
Edited by videoman on Jan 24, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 02:28 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
I'm making my machinimas for public enjoyment but hey if i get a viral video i'm making money off of it.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 01:35 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
lol viral videos. i was thinking of making a video myself on sandtrap or sandbox where a hornet is sent to aid in a cop chase and the guy running goes into a tunnel that the other cars cant fit in so the hornet goes ahead to the exit of the tunnel and decends dramatically in front of the exit and tells him to stop and the guy doesn't ofcourse and the hornet fires his missles down the tunnel and kills the driver.

videoman

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 09:51 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
If anyone wants to join my Halo 3 Machinima (that is if you have Halo 3), then that would be great. I am looking for some good actors. I only have 1 actor.....but the Machinima requires more (of course). So...please let me know via ether a post on this thread, or via a Private Message. It would be wonderful if i could get some good actors and video/audio editors, and maybe a good special effect creator to. If you have any questions, just let me know via to two ways i listed above.

Thanks

Videoman

PS: And yes i do have a script. Also the Machinima is called: War of the Idiots

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 12:51 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website