A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Please Help me out with Tag extracting

Author Topic: Please Help me out with Tag extracting (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

stormexdante

I ist Dante

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 12:28 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Basically i am Running windows 7 proffessional. There is a problem I have been having not just with HEK+ but also with just any program in general. For example if I have a program that CREATES files such as an avi file it always has a like "lock" on its icon...

So now when i use HEK+ to extract the tags it says that everything is fine but when I look for the files that were made by it, they are no where to be found in windows explorer. The funny thing is that when I try to load something in ahobo then I see the file... (with a lock on it)
Then i try to load it and it says that is not a valid file or something.....

I have thousands of other issues but I just want to get passed this one first so any help appreciated!

deslakle

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 07:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
They might need to run in XP mode...

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 07:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
or run the program as admin, especially if the program is creating the file in critical areas of the computer such as the Program Files folder.

stormexdante

I ist Dante

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 06:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Oddly that seems to fix the problem. I tried it before but now it works after a second attempt.

Thanks!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 23, 2019 2:50 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website