A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »A 2 seater scorpion tank?

Author Topic: A 2 seater scorpion tank? (33 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Corvette19

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 05:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 33       
Does anyone remember a map that had a 2 seater scorpion tank, that required one to gun the thank, and the other to drive?

Smmt

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 08:35 PM    Msg. 2 of 33       
What is this PP.map? I've been looking for a two shooter tank to...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 08:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 33       
I believe you mean one of the earlier CMT Maps, or the "Heavy Scorpion"

which can be found in pp.map.

Corvette19

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 33       
nah i got the pp tagset
No, I found it. It requires two people to operate the tank, one to drive, one to gun. It's an awesome idea :D It was on a map i saw 3 years ago.. After looking bout an hour and a half I found it!!

Smmt

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 01:17 AM    Msg. 5 of 33       
Hey can you post the link to the map? I cant find it. Thanks

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 07:56 AM    Msg. 6 of 33       

CrossFade

Karrde's awesome brother.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 11:48 AM    Msg. 7 of 33       
You can't just make your own links to maps like that, it doesn't work. Links to maps on this site don't even look like that. For example:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3167

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 04:32 PM    Msg. 8 of 33       
didn't ambush have one?

Corvette19

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 04:48 PM    Msg. 9 of 33       

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 05:05 PM    Msg. 10 of 33       
I don't even care to see a two seater scorpion. I just want to see a remodeled re-skinned scorpion that is really nice. The halo 1 scorpion is just lame I think.
And why does the machine gun on the scorpion spray fire everywhere? This is how far in the future? 500 years! Seriously, I think some accuracy issues would have been taken care of at least a little bit by then.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 05:13 PM    Msg. 11 of 33       
Because in the future, they value balance as much as they do now.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 05:17 PM    Msg. 12 of 33       
Hmm. I suppose you have a point. That would really suck as a ground troop.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 05:38 PM    Msg. 13 of 33       
Also, if it sprays everywhere, it requires no skill at all. Just point it in the enemy's general direction, and pull the trigger.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 07:01 PM    Msg. 14 of 33       
Shame they forgot about balance in Halo 2 and 3 that tank is way to accurate for something that is supposed to be for suppression.

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 12:20 AM    Msg. 15 of 33       
You know, the reason i went through, you know, basic training, was so that i didn't have to spray bullets in a general direction and hope for a lucky shot. There is also the fact that, after halo, they removed the link between the Turret and the Chassis - In Halo CE, you pretty much have to be driving in roughly the same direction that you're firing.

Personally, i always prefered the idea of having more than one person drive a tank, especially because people ignore what teamwork is otherwise. I hated that, to have any military usage, the truck required two people, but the tank only requires one to run over crap and blow crap up. (Probably not in that order.)

If you need one person for running things over, and ANOTHER person for blowing things up, i think it works out a little better, particularly in a large, open, tactically designed map. Unless i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Aj Ninami

Helps old ladies in need

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 02:03 AM    Msg. 16 of 33       
it's actually quite easy the make a two person tank. it's even possible with plain old Combat Evolved. Whats harder is to perfect it.
Edited by Aj Ninami on Jan 31, 2010 at 02:03 AM

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 02:51 AM    Msg. 17 of 33       
well i am sure lots of people can do that but what you can't do is make a tank that has 2 gunners at the same time without attaching a laggy vehicle to the tank

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 04:00 AM    Msg. 18 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
well i am sure lots of people can do that but what you can't do is make a tank that has 2 gunners at the same time without attaching a laggy vehicle to the tank

is the warthog counted?

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 12:38 PM    Msg. 19 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

is the warthog counted?

I'm speaking of guns that are attached to the vehicle. I suppose if you want to get technical, the scorpion can have 5 gunners, but that is not what we are referring to.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 12:42 PM    Msg. 20 of 33       
Make it so one driver drives and the co-driver shoots the missles and chaingun.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 12:48 PM    Msg. 21 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Make it so one driver drives and the co-driver shoots the missles and chaingun.

Well the problem with that is if the driver and shooter are not on the same page. With the warthog it is ok because you are fast but the tank is slow so the driver and shooter really need to know what is going on.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 07:53 PM    Msg. 22 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
can't a vehicle have more than one gunner seat (not including passengers?)\
and halo 2 scorpions are ridiculous. they have a covered driver seat (no snipers can get it), almost perfectly accurate cannon AND chainguns (well, way more accurate than the Halo 1 versions. and the cannon can fire twice as frequently.
The only compensations are that they can be boarded, are destructible (if that's even a compensation) are slower (big deal, it's nothing to balance the extra firepower).
the halo 3 one is better balanced because the chainguns need a gunner.

This has to be the worst analysis I have ever seen.

First of all, think logically. There was no reason for the Halo CE Tank to have a grate over the top. Its stupid to be driving 88 tons of steel and still be able to be picked off by some lucky shot.

Well, first of all, it wasn't a chaingun, it was a machinegun. Granted that the Cannon was a little too accurate, the machinegun can be afforded its accuracy. Firing twice as frequently was quite a big change, no matter how logically you can back it (and I can).

Boarded i think was pretty clever, though i never liked that I couldn't fight people off. Still, i Don't think we can do that. Destructible is a compensation, because if it takes enough beating it can't be used at all. Slower does balance the gunfire, by the way. The fact that i can make @%#$ dead is deadened by the fact that a well placed rocketeer in the cliffs can take me out because i'm slow.

As for the Halo 3 tank, I truly hated that I no longer had a machinegun, because that left me with no ability to pick off the infantry that were actually killing me.

But here is an idea. What if there were two turrets as such:

The main turret with the massive cannon is controlled by the gunner.
The secondary, littler turret up front is controlled by the driver, similar to how you can look around with the turret seperate from driving in Halo 2 and 3.

Its actually a crappy idea, but i'd like to know if it could be done.

Gamma927

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 10:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: FoxtrotZero
But here is an idea. What if there were two turrets as such:

The main turret with the massive cannon is controlled by the gunner.
The secondary, littler turret up front is controlled by the driver, similar to how you can look around with the turret separate from driving in Halo 2 and 3.

That's how modern tanks function, with the driver having no control over the turret, and the gunner not having a small machine gun. But of course, it's not halo enough :P

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 11:26 PM    Msg. 24 of 33       
You paid no attention to what I said.

Little turret in front. Massive turret in back.

Gunner controls big turret. Driver controls small one.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 10:07 AM    Msg. 25 of 33       
He said nothing about drivers controlling machineguns. Modern tanks do not have smaller turrets controlled by the driver.

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 10:14 AM    Msg. 26 of 33       
If you need one person for running things over, and ANOTHER person for blowing things up, i think it works out a little better, particularly in a large, open, tactically designed map. Unless i have no idea what i'm talking about.

You're right on.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 10:54 AM    Msg. 27 of 33       

Not possible.
In halo, there can only be 1 person controlling the weapons on a vehicle, and all weapons will point the same direction. You can have the 2 turrets, but they'll both be controlled by one person.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 02:44 PM    Msg. 28 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Not possible.
In halo, there can only be 1 person controlling the weapons on a vehicle, and all weapons will point the same direction. You can have the 2 turrets, but they'll both be controlled by one person.

Not necessarily, they can point in different directions, but they will still fire where the reticle is aimed at.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 03:05 PM    Msg. 29 of 33       
That's what I meant :\

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 03:53 PM    Msg. 30 of 33       
That's what I meant :\

Shooting/Firing Direction ≠ Pointing Direction

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 04:06 PM    Msg. 31 of 33       
Um, 99.9% of the time, yes it does. When was the last time you saw a gun that shot in a different direction than it pointed?
E: don't even think about mentioning that corner shot gun, because that's the 0.1%
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Feb 1, 2010 at 04:16 PM

Gamma927

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 06:30 PM    Msg. 32 of 33       
When was the last time you saw a gun that shot in a different direction than it pointed?

And this is why you don't have that imagination :)

We're talking about games here, not real life. Things don't have to make sense in games.

FoxtrotZero

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 09:34 PM    Msg. 33 of 33       
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
When was the last time you saw a gun that shot in a different direction than it pointed?

See, this depends if you mean direction upon discharge or the impact vector of the projectile, and how literal you want to be. The answer can range from none to every single one ever.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 3:13 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website