A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT Shut Down

Page 5 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT Shut Down (208 messages, Page 5 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:24 PM    Msg. 141 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
and please can you be more in depth about the script? like is that the one tiamat used?

It's essentially just having a boolean for day or night. If it's daytime, then change bsp to the night bsp. If it's night time, then do the reverse. Change the boolean after changing the BSP.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:26 PM    Msg. 142 of 208       
Duce would also need an ai and scripting guy...

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:28 PM    Msg. 143 of 208       
Oh you mean Gamma?

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:36 PM    Msg. 144 of 208       
loljesse

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:45 PM    Msg. 145 of 208       
Quote: Masterz1337
you guys cant open the scenarios
bsps will be released though

Masterz1337
im releasing a cmt_tags map
and then prbably combo maps with bsps
since i can only stuff 16 bsps per map file

Edited by Codebrain on Feb 4, 2010 at 11:45 PM

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 12:47 AM    Msg. 146 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
Duce would also need an ai and scripting guy...

O.o im perfect for that...

So Duce is the only guy that is a CMT member that is still alive? Though we all forgot about Sinow... Is he still here?

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 01:05 AM    Msg. 147 of 208       
hopefully people will try to make quality maps still with these tags. i realize thats probably not going to happen, since people will make a box and put cmt tags in it to make it "cool".

i am looking forward to those few couple of maps that will come out that are awesome

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 01:17 AM    Msg. 148 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
heck ya :D now I can finish up cmt_snow_auguer (forgive me if spelled wrong) all I need now is to finish up the ice.

@masterz
also will you guys be releasing the day and night script?

I have the map complete, just wait for the release.

To bad the map sucks. Ordinarily I would have a problem with your pretending to be CMT after I kicked you out but you've done such a terrible job of doing things while on the team I don't even care. I may just release "your" bsps (I say "your" because you did practically nothing to them, just piggybacked off Arteens work) and let people dump the tags in them, most people here seem to have a better understanding of this game than you. Go release "your" maps, just don't pretend to be CMT to boost your own ego.
Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 5, 2010 at 01:22 AM

I'm seriously sick of your disrespect towards the rest of the team and our friends (including Dennis I may add). You've made it clear you don't care about any of the work we've done, the people who've helped you and you only care about getting "your" maps played. You did a crap job on your projects (which is why no one was interested in working on the new MP), and you continue to lie and try to weasel your way towards your own objectives. No Duce, I don't like you, and a fair amount of the team has avoided you like the plague. Go ahead and release your "CMT" maps, you'll just as pathetic as HCE ripper and Recon, except unlike them you have actually managed to piss me off.
Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 5, 2010 at 01:36 AM

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 01:32 AM    Msg. 149 of 208       
Let me guess, your in cmt for egoistic reasons to master? Sounds like you didn't do much either apart of picky back off of others for ego. Tbh, with out some members on your team there wouldn't be a "cmt".

Oh btw guys, the government is hiding the fact that ufo's are real!!!! I have proof!!!!!

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 01:33 AM    Msg. 150 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
hopefully people will try to make quality maps still with these tags. i realize thats probably not going to happen, since people will make a box and put cmt tags in it to make it "cool".

i am looking forward to those few couple of maps that will come out that are awesome

I just may.

Auxor

Ever drunk Baileys out of a shoe?

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 02:05 AM    Msg. 151 of 208       
What I don't understand is.. why doesn't CMT just release the unfinished SPV2 campaign if they're not going to continue it anymore?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 02:07 AM    Msg. 152 of 208       
I may, I'd have to go through and document each map though, and I don't have the time for it as of now.

Edit: I know I haven' posted much until now in this thread, but plenty of us on the team have read this thread and are glad you enjoyed and appreciate the work we have done and the influence you believe we have had on this community.
Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 5, 2010 at 02:09 AM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 06:21 AM    Msg. 153 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Codebrain

Quote: Masterz1337
you guys cant open the scenarios
bsps will be released though

Masterz1337
im releasing a cmt_tags map
and then prbably combo maps with bsps
since i can only stuff 16 bsps per map file

Edited by Codebrain on Feb 4, 2010 at 11:45 PM

You can stuff 32 bsps into OS_Guerillabeta and halo still handles it even without Open Sauce.

E: In that case... (looking @ masterz' post railing Duce (was that all against Duce or was that for Hydrogen too?) Duce may not need a scripter.
Edited by Dwood on Feb 5, 2010 at 06:25 AM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 02:59 PM    Msg. 154 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

To bad the map sucks.

That's your opinion and I've had many complements on them.

Ordinarily I would have a problem with your pretending to be CMT after I kicked you out but you've done such a terrible job of doing things while on the team I don't even care.

I've worked with the team for over a year. I've put so much time and effort into this team that I'm apart of it like anyone else.

I may just release "your" bsps (I say "your" because you did practically nothing to them, just piggybacked off Arteens work) and let people dump the tags in them, most people here seem to have a better understanding of this game than you.

My job on the team was always to polish up Arteen's work. That's how I first got onto the team.

Go release "your" maps, just don't pretend to be CMT to boost your own ego.

I am apart of CMT and will release the maps.

Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 5, 2010 at 01:22 AM

I'm seriously sick of your disrespect towards the rest of the team and our friends (including Dennis I may add).

The most disrespect I've seen is you toward me and the community. I've spent so many hours working on the team's projects and you countlessly put me down.

You've made it clear you don't care about any of the work we've done, the people who've helped you and you only care about getting "your" maps played.

Sounds like you.

You did a crap job on your projects (which is why no one was interested in working on the new MP), and you continue to lie and try to weasel your way towards your own objectives.

No one was really interested on the team other than Arteen because there wasn't really anything for them to do but finish the tagset.

No Duce, I don't like you, and a fair amount of the team has avoided you like the plague. Go ahead and release your "CMT" maps, you'll just as pathetic as HCE ripper and Recon, except unlike them you have actually managed to piss me off.

That was my whole goal.

Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 5, 2010 at 01:36 AM

Responses in red.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 04:04 PM    Msg. 155 of 208       
mb he does need a scripter. Hmm. Lol :P

lockon0830

SFloyd is a sad girl makakule : (

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 04:08 PM    Msg. 156 of 208       
So, duce wants to still work on mp maps but masterz is saying no? but if the tags are going to be publicly released Whats the problem?

er449

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 04:13 PM    Msg. 157 of 208       
Whenever I take a break, a long break from it all (from modding and from Halo as well), I still come back to Halo eventually. Is it an addiction, an obsession? Well maybe, but I think it's something different.

I have come and left Halo modding so many times, I don't think I can count them all. As for why I've had to and why I come back, it's all about what perspective we have when we choose to modify the game, what our motivations are...at least it is for me...

Halo's a really great game, despite what the critics say. Bungie really nailed it when they came out with Halo 1. I remember I got Xbox just for the game alone. It inspired my imagination whenever I played it, especially the first time. When I found out 4 or 5 years ago that I could mod it, I was excited. Flying warthogs, as lame as it sounds now, was a thrill back then.

Through the years I spent learning more and more about how to modify the game, but there never seemed to be an end to just how much you could learn. The Halo 1 engine may be very limited by today's standards but, IMO, it is an amazing piece of software that, through Gearbox's work and other independent programmers, has allowed fans of the game to bring something more to it. Who would have thought that the work in Halo CE today would have gotten as far as it has? Could Bungie have foreseen what they could have done with their engine if they hadn't switched it for Halo 2 and 3? I'm not saying they shouldn't have (I'm glad they did), but their first engine is perhaps (and again, IMO) one of the best gaming engine to work with. Thank you Gearbox for giving us Halo CE, thanks guys for all the work you've done with Halo CE--whether your contribution be big or small, and most of all, thank you Bungie for making it all possible.

Masterz, I sincerely appreciate your contribution to this hobby and I hope you continue to pursue a similar activity or field, be it for pastime or career. We all need to pursue what drives us the most.

deadlyfighter1000

Constantly a threat.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 05:32 PM    Msg. 158 of 208       
Actually Duce, Masterz cared about other people enjoying his maps, not the amount of people playing them. (I think..)

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 159 of 208       
I'm sorry to say this,but I knew spv2 would never be finished.

olly12345

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 05:55 PM    Msg. 160 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: pakar45
I'm sorry to say this,but I knew spv2 would never be finished.

Didn't we all have that feeling? Sure HceR may not have pissed of Masters but he took them by surprise.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 07:20 PM    Msg. 161 of 208       
Yeah.

Everyone knew that it wasn't going to ever be fully finished.
Edited by pakar45 on Feb 5, 2010 at 07:21 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 10:13 PM    Msg. 162 of 208       
Masters, you should send me the B30 that includes the Banshee fight with the new script. I want to learn how to make a large scale airfight!

Hry

:)

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 11:34 PM    Msg. 163 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Masters, you should send me the B30 that includes the Banshee fight with the new script. I want to learn how to make a large scale airfight!

:C

Edited by Hry on Feb 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM

SeanTheLawn

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 01:52 AM    Msg. 164 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: er449
Whenever I take a break, a long break from it all (from modding and from Halo as well), I still come back to Halo eventually. Is it an addiction, an obsession? Well maybe, but I think it's something different.

I have come and left Halo modding so many times, I don't think I can count them all. As for why I've had to and why I come back, it's all about what perspective we have when we choose to modify the game, what our motivations are...at least it is for me...

Halo's a really great game, despite what the critics say. Bungie really nailed it when they came out with Halo 1. I remember I got Xbox just for the game alone. It inspired my imagination whenever I played it, especially the first time. When I found out 4 or 5 years ago that I could mod it, I was excited. Flying warthogs, as lame as it sounds now, was a thrill back then.

Through the years I spent learning more and more about how to modify the game, but there never seemed to be an end to just how much you could learn. The Halo 1 engine may be very limited by today's standards but, IMO, it is an amazing piece of software that, through Gearbox's work and other independent programmers, has allowed fans of the game to bring something more to it. Who would have thought that the work in Halo CE today would have gotten as far as it has? Could Bungie have foreseen what they could have done with their engine if they hadn't switched it for Halo 2 and 3? I'm not saying they shouldn't have (I'm glad they did), but their first engine is perhaps (and again, IMO) one of the best gaming engine to work with. Thank you Gearbox for giving us Halo CE, thanks guys for all the work you've done with Halo CE--whether your contribution be big or small, and most of all, thank you Bungie for making it all possible.

Masterz, I sincerely appreciate your contribution to this hobby and I hope you continue to pursue a similar activity or field, be it for pastime or career. We all need to pursue what drives us the most.

Oshi- it's Echoranger

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 02:18 AM    Msg. 165 of 208       
Why don't you people hand over all the SPv2 work to someone who knows what he is doing and let him finish it for you?

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 05:46 AM    Msg. 166 of 208       
good to see cmt decided to stop hogging Halo CE fame.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 08:07 AM    Msg. 167 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Shock120
They never hogged the "Halo CE Fame," they simply made something actually worth giving a second glance at, and for the majority of the players of CE, that would probably be about 20 or so glances.

OMGWTHBBQHAXZORZ XD

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:51 AM    Msg. 168 of 208       
LOL
That reminds me, once I went onto a usual snowgrove server and asked people what they thought of cmt spv2. Well some of them didn't know what spv2 was. Some didn't even know what CMT was.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 11:22 AM    Msg. 169 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Shock120

CMT just makes stuff, it's the community that decides whether it becomes famous or not. If there weren't people that drool at the latest screenshot (that's an exagguration, I know nobody really does that) then CMT wouldn't be "hogging Halo CE fame" as you put it.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 12:35 PM    Msg. 170 of 208       
Srsly! What Elefant said guys. If someone's maps becomes popular is that supposed to mean "ok time to never put anything out again". Hogging the glory. Geez. *shakes head* They earned their glory by how much time they put in.

olly12345

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 07:27 PM    Msg. 171 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
If there weren't people that drool at the latest screenshot (that's an exagguration, I know nobody really does that) then CMT wouldn't be "hogging Halo CE fame" as you put it.

Herm uh yeah..... Nobody does that! Never! Uh........ yeahhh.....
Edited by olly12345 on Feb 6, 2010 at 07:27 PM

NapalM

keke

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 172 of 208       
Lol I feel bad for people who were waiting all 20 years for this.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:14 PM    Msg. 173 of 208       
I didn't really look forward to this because my PC sucks anyway, and there are games that are better than Halo CE anyway that I can still play.

yourdog0

dance f**ker dance!

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 08:45 AM    Msg. 174 of 208       
wow ER449?u back to halo modding?sigh too bad HRMT is doing cryosis v.2 now idk where is your beta of cryosis v.2 i dont think HRMT one is user friendly anyway it is for ce not trial.

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 09:35 AM    Msg. 175 of 208       
Due to Advancebo letting Masterz use his account on Modacity, Advancebo has been banned by Snafubar.

Just thought I would let Masterz/Advancebo know.

Page 5 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 5:37 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website