A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT Shut Down

Page 3 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT Shut Down (208 messages, Page 3 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

MasterRyan

Leader of Ryan C. Designs!

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 04:28 PM    Msg. 71 of 208       
CMT, you made me cry, GOODBYE SPV2!

Kiwi

Now you see him, soon you won't

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 05:04 PM    Msg. 72 of 208       
He did.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 05:07 PM    Msg. 73 of 208       
Don't blame you getting bored. But what you have done so far looks good :) Leave it a while and I am sure you will want to finish it. Working on things for vast amounts of time will get you bored and sick of seeing it Lol.

Can;t wait to see what you are working on next :)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 05:13 PM    Msg. 74 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd
Sweet, thank god you're leaving, maybe now we can get some custom in this community.

Or maybe just the downfall of the community. I've been on this site for more then 3 years and alot has changed between that time span. In my opinion, CMT was probably one of the biggest mapping team's, and it was the one mapping team that drived alot of people to play CE. Now seeing as they cease to stop mapping, I think alot of the kids who still play this game, will yield as well seeing as their favorite mapping team is gone, and won't be coming back for some time. (just saying that, since CMT was a very big and popular group in the Halo community, even over at Bungie.net) I'm not saying they were "great" like the community made them be, but they were good and I respect everyone on the team. Congrats on getting this far. Sad to see them go, they definitely did alot for the community and has helped make it what it is today.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 05:50 PM    Msg. 75 of 208       
Sweet, thank god you're leaving, maybe now we can get some custom in this community.

Says the guy who just finished copying the DMR from Reach :|

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 76 of 208       

You do realize that nobody was stopping anyone from making custom content before, right?

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 06:09 PM    Msg. 77 of 208       
There are so many posts I could quote but I would sum up by saying... ''Expected''

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 07:09 PM    Msg. 78 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlwinRoth
I seriously want to know how the hell people get things done in this community.

HOLY CRAP, you mean we've actually been accomplishing things?

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 07:17 PM    Msg. 79 of 208       
The way things work in this community.

People who show stuff off and make you excited for it- Never Gets Released.

Random person who decides to make something awesome- Gets Releasesd.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 08:22 PM    Msg. 80 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
The way things work in this community.

People who show stuff off and make you excited for it- Never Gets Released.

Random person who decides to make something awesome- Gets Releasesd.

Basically. The more people show something off, the less likely it'll be released for whatever reason.

If someone just showed up and decided to make it it typically does get released eventually. *cough* higuy *cough*
Edited by Dwood on Feb 1, 2010 at 08:23 PM

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 08:32 PM    Msg. 81 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kiwi
Quote: --- Original message by: FoxtrotZero
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
i liked the maps CMT made but not CMT themeselves. they jut acted a little bit higher then everyone else and they shouldnt cause everyone on this forum is at equal heights. Dennis is the only one over ranking us.

Don't act like an ass because you aren't as good, you know as damn well as I do that CMT was above many of us, held in high regard and respect for the work they did.

What, he is right though, at least from what Kiwi saw from Masters. He did act like he was superior to people on occasion, though that wasn't all the time.
wtf???
kiwi?!?!

Molonky500

Xfire;killermax5

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 10:02 PM    Msg. 82 of 208       
LOL KID has a point

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 12:54 AM    Msg. 83 of 208       
If this community sucks so bad, then maybe you should leave.

Hasuku

Z BoLT

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 01:17 AM    Msg. 84 of 208       
Well, I grew old of halo ce quite about 2 years ago.. i moved on to halo 2 and halo 3, but SPv2 kept my interest. it kept me clinging on to ce for hope that one day i could see the original engine surpass itself. eventually i started getting tired of halo period, but even so i still kept watch for spv2, then recently i just stopped playing halo period, since MW2 that is. but SPv2 still kept me watching, keeping a third eye open. RIP CMT, i will still keep my eye open, watching, hoping, waiting for the so called impossible/never will finish, to blow everyone away when it comes out.

Yes, I expected this to happen..and I'm sure alot of people on this thread who are reallly upset over this did to, even tho they didnt say so. the main thing keeping us to spv2 isnt knowing that it will comeout. its hope that it will, and that when it will people will be amazed at how halo's campaign was so improved.

i guess in a way CMT isnt dead, because, this incident could have aged a new era in CE, seeing that people will try to make a campaign similar or better than CMT so other players could be blown back like SPv2 would have done.

Normally when i make random posts, its when the official CMT thread hasnt had posts in a while, and afterwards, many MANY posts spring up, 1 time a few pages in 1 day! that was pretty amazing. i felt proud. im hoping that maybe this post, might inspire some of the CMT members to rejoin the group and make SPv2 the most amazing halo mod there is!!
but 1 can only hope. and if not CMT other CE community members, to possibly make a new CMT "in a sense"
well thats all i have to say. if anyone wants to chat my xfire is hasuku

thanks CMT for all the fun! thanks Dennis for helping CMT become so well connected to halomaps. in all seriousness i always felt as if dennis was part of CMT. i mean i know he wasnt, but he contributed to them and helped them become alot more then they were. so now i say goodbye halomaps, back into the shadows i go, hoping, watching from a distance, for CMT to regain their team and make another amazing mod!

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:41 AM    Msg. 85 of 208       
CMT, Your teams work did make this site interesting and a challenge,
take care and will be looking for this new project of your's. Thank you for your hard work and setting the bar.
I have finaly finished my business here too, (took a week longer then expected, but) I will be gone until a least June or July, maybe longer, not sure) Have found some pretty cool engines to go play with. Also tax time was good to me so I bought a 360 elite and ,yea, I am now addicted to cod mw2, assasians creed and a few others.
I have'nt acctualy played any halo for 8 months anyway , I just make models and play occasionally to see how the new games are but, have almost lost my taste for the game completley.
The halo ce games can be pretty brutal when it comes to peoples mouths and attitudes, just messes the whole thing up, Not all the time but more and more this helps me decide to click on another game.
Honestly I have never had one argument in cod, or any other game, but the second I hit a halo ce game, the mouths never stop, plus no one is playing much anymore unless its the same ol coldsnap, hugeass, yoyorast thing:( Maybe summer will bring back the action:(
Dennis, thank you
Edited by xsnoder on Feb 2, 2010 at 05:43 AM

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 08:50 AM    Msg. 86 of 208       

i just cant believe CMT is dying... i play CMTspv2 beta 10 times a day
I BLAME CMT 4 THEIR DESTRUCTIVE-ADDICTING content!!

oh oh w8! b4 u go 2 ur grayv pls give one more beta, thats all
Edited by CorpseManTS on Feb 2, 2010 at 08:54 AM

FoxtrotZero

Digging Foxholes by Profession

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 09:54 AM    Msg. 87 of 208       
You know the members aren't actually dead... right?

fanaticladoomguy

Give me the money now!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 03:40 PM    Msg. 88 of 208       
Well I am a sad to see such a grat project g down. I remember th first time I found out about halo ce and the cmt spv1 campaign was the first maps I ever downloaded. Thank you CMT for all your hard work.
Rock On andbest of luck to you guys in your future projects.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:38 PM    Msg. 89 of 208       
This is why the CE comunity is still alive. because if you think about it here everyone is eaqual theres no one besides denis who out ranks us but he dosnt act high and mighty. theres no levels in CE so were all the same. And our comunity is the perfect size so we all know each other. yeah we may rip at each others throats alot but thats what small communitys do . its no big deal really alot of people find humor in it. but hey if your getting picked on theres always some one in this community there to portect you or if your making a map some one will help. So i dont see why you guys think this community is bad. all i see is Great times ive had. So What cMT quit they nvr said they quit CE they just broke up. there still here and im sure each one of them are working on stuff. so I dont get why you guys think this is a sucky community i think its one of the best communitys in all of Gaming.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:42 PM    Msg. 90 of 208       
CMT is 10x bette rthan H3MT in my opinion because this is Halo "CUSTOM EDITION". not Halo 3 Edition, so custom work wins.

Sad to see them go, but I expected it. Sorry . Can't wait to see Masterz new project.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:47 PM    Msg. 91 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
CMT is 10x bette rthan H3MT in my opinion because this is Halo "CUSTOM EDITION". not Halo 3 Edition, so custom work wins.

Sad to see them go, but I expected it. Sorry . Can't wait to see Masterz new project.

Modeling custom models and making custom textures isn't custom?

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 92 of 208       
Yes. but All Halo 3 Exact Concepts, CMT is Halo, but they still have there own weapon attachments/features/edits.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 05:52 PM    Msg. 93 of 208       
I think everyone has a right to make whatever they wish, and shouldn't be judged on what it is that they make.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 06:10 PM    Msg. 94 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Yes. but All Halo 3 Exact Concepts, CMT is Halo, but they still have there own weapon attachments/features/edits.

So, its not custom if someone models an M16? Thats basically what your saying, its not custom to model any gun.

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 06:16 PM    Msg. 95 of 208       
Uhm, CMT was ripping ideas from halo 1/other games/ and real life. Your thinking is flawed. H3MT was hit hard at the start, causing the fail train to ensue in the community and in the teams products.
Cmt and H3MT both sucked and suck. Go to an engine like UT3 or cryengine, and see what kind of art and style is really needed to be appreciated. This is why most of CMT and H3MT members have left this community and the engine. Its basically is a block on the road to learning the true art of the gaming design.
Take care CMT, yayorz for moving on. Oh, and the cops want to talk to you masterz. Something about an apart rise in the suicide rate, and most tie back to being mega fans of you? Anyways, bye bye. =3

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 06:33 PM    Msg. 96 of 208       
HCE is better in my opinion, since you can do alot of stuff without limitations. Graphics wise and edit-ability, so easy to make a map, a caveman can do it.

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:02 PM    Msg. 97 of 208       
But yea, you can't normal map or do anything that matches this generation of games. But who needs that?
Edited by DEEhunter on Feb 2, 2010 at 07:04 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:19 PM    Msg. 98 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

But yea, you can't normal map or do anything that matches this generation of games. But who needs that?

The people who still play this game, does not need it
Edited by Higuy on Feb 2, 2010 at 07:19 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:38 PM    Msg. 99 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Then why does HCE require so many gimmics to make it "simulate" the actual game type.
Grif ball for example.
Or zombie servers.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:40 PM    Msg. 100 of 208       
k.

Halo CE is Halo.
UT3 is UT.

Makes sense, no?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:41 PM    Msg. 101 of 208       

Then why does HCE require so many gimmics to make it "simulate" the actual game type.
Grif ball for example.
Or zombie servers.

Obviously, the people who still play the game are content of what they have and can do, and that is why they still play the game.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 07:43 PM    Msg. 102 of 208       

Grif ball for example.
Or zombie servers.

Obviously, the people who still play the game are content of what they have and can do, and that is why they still play the game.

Dee's obsessed with next gen.

lockon0830

SFloyd is a sad girl makakule : (

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 08:27 PM    Msg. 103 of 208       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
Uhm, CMT was ripping ideas from halo 1/other games/ and real life. Your thinking is flawed. H3MT was hit hard at the start, causing the fail train to ensue in the community and in the teams products.
Cmt and H3MT both sucked and suck. Go to an engine like UT3 or cryengine, and see what kind of art and style is really needed to be appreciated. This is why most of CMT and H3MT members have left this community and the engine. Its basically is a block on the road to learning the true art of the gaming design.
Take care CMT, yayorz for moving on. Oh, and the cops want to talk to you masterz. Something about an apart rise in the suicide rate, and most tie back to being mega fans of you? Anyways, bye bye. =3

Not true CMT is/was awesome because there using an old engine to make people want to play again and using this old engine to make it seem amazing. Anyone can make awesome stuff with next gen graphics or engine. : (

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 09:20 PM    Msg. 104 of 208       
Quote: Anyone can make awesome stuff with next gen graphics or engine. : (

Please go ahead and do so.

In fact, next gen is beyond what most people here can do. The halo community is so lazy, they barely can watch a tut before going suicidal.

CMT was better then the teams here, because they had people that knew the next gen flow. They were able to apply there knowledge to make the maps better and more appealing to the crap engines standards. Example of this is Dane.

Oh, and to add to it, like kid said, they released things.
Edited by Joshflighter on Feb 2, 2010 at 09:22 PM

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 09:40 PM    Msg. 105 of 208       
@Josh.
You act like everyone's worthless because they do stuff for Halo, and not Crysis,UT3, etc... I wasn't aware that we had to be like professional game designers to have fun. Why do you still go to these forums?

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I think everyone has a right to make whatever they wish, and shouldn't be judged on what it is that they make.

Edited by Corvette19 on Feb 2, 2010 at 09:41 PM

Page 3 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 10:46 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website