A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Achoo! Pop Goes the Weasle.

Page 1 of 17 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 17 · Next
Author Topic: Achoo! Pop Goes the Weasle. (577 messages, Page 1 of 17)
Moderators: Dennis

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 01:18 AM    Msg. 1 of 577       
I extracted 266 bitmaps today :D (2 Main ones failing was elite_body and oracle dffuses) I'll get them somehow!

Elite Teaser:

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 01:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 577       
loooks cool cant wait to see it textured!

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 01:40 AM    Msg. 3 of 577       
None of this is being released so i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ninjadude

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:45 AM    Msg. 4 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
None of this is being released so i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Not even in a protected map?

Dark Neon

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:31 AM    Msg. 5 of 577       
Kay, so whats the point in showing it if its not gonna be released in anyway? Bragging rights?

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:30 AM    Msg. 6 of 577       
And I had hope for the community.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:39 AM    Msg. 7 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
And I had hope for the community.

You did?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 07:16 AM    Msg. 8 of 577       
So basically you can't give out something to the public that anyone could get with a little effort but you just made it easier for them? You sound like a jerk.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:06 PM    Msg. 9 of 577       
Yet implies you will give it out one day.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:59 PM    Msg. 10 of 577       
Don't bother posting.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 03:12 PM    Msg. 11 of 577       
Thread so lame.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:01 PM    Msg. 12 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Thread so lame.

And pointless.

iHalo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:25 PM    Msg. 13 of 577       
This will be shown a lot to brag or maybe even a Machinima, I have almost all bitmaps extracted, next for models.

And seriously spartan calm the superiority, you can brag but dont like seriously push it up all in there faces, it can get irritating.

EDIT: Who ever said NO releasing, we may in a LONG time when it sa DECENT mod at least, not just H3 models with a diffuse and gay shaders. We want best HCE quality, and alos expect lots of Machinima with these, available possibly to exclusive teams I know trusted.
Edited by iHalo on Feb 3, 2010 at 04:27 PM

iHalo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:40 PM    Msg. 14 of 577       
Correct.

Snowbound Turret Working will be first Retail release tagged, so it'll come soon.

We may release lots of small assets/scenery at least to make a Halo 3 Relate-able map, and possibly a large amount of BSP bitmaps, were still thinking.

So Snowbound Turret and Turret Sensors

K_I_D

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:41 PM    Msg. 15 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo

This will be shown a lot to brag or maybe even a Machinima, I have almost all bitmaps extracted, next for models.

And seriously spartan calm the superiority, you can brag but dont like seriously push it up all in there faces, it can get irritating.

EDIT: Who ever said NO releasing, we may in a LONG time when it sa DECENT mod at least, not just H3 models with a diffuse and gay shaders. We want best HCE quality, and alos expect lots of Machinima with these, available possibly to exclusive teams I know trusted.
Edited by iHalo on Feb 3, 2010 at 04:27 PM

So sad. You will not make a mod out of this and you know it.

K_I_D

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:51 PM    Msg. 16 of 577       
Truthfully I don't even care if you release rips or not.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 04:56 PM    Msg. 17 of 577       
so basically your ripping stuff that isn't even yours and bragging about it in front everyone.
thats real nice

im sick of this community. seriously, learn to make your own stuff. even if your going to release it, stop bragging. its not even yours, your concept, or your anything.

the reason im saying that is not becuase i care about you, or care about what your doing. im posting this becuase its annoying as hell, so please, shut up.

if i were you, i really would of waited until you actually release something to post this, rather to act like idiots to get some quick minute fame from 12 year olds you don't even know, just for ripping some content from a game that you didn't even work on

and spartan, your saying you can't release something, just becuase a little idiot of your friends says not to?

your saying zteam is bad, your worse. sorry.
Edited by Higuy on Feb 3, 2010 at 04:57 PM

K_I_D

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:07 PM    Msg. 18 of 577       
He didn't mean bad work. He meant bad attitudes. Get it?

anonymous_2009

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:22 PM    Msg. 19 of 577       
lmfao, "Its the internet" that is the most pathetic.... reply?

So, you are ripping from a game, and then saying you are not allowed to release the stuff that does not belong to you.

You are a faggot, like said above, you need to learn to make your own stuff. Then you might of actually achieved something? Instead of using stuff out of game, which is pointless... "Oh look, Halo 3 RIPS, lets play on that Halo CE map instead of HALO 3.... the actual game? Why would I play the actual game haha" /sarcasim

And the thing about ZTeam and CAD is that their rips look good, have custom elements to them and have way more work put into them than you... CAD also makes half or more of the stuff his self, like the HUD, effects ect... he is a legend, where as you are a bell-end. This is all @ SpartanFag btw.

All I see here is a load of kids wasting time over little programs already made for them/getting stuff from grown up people who ain't pathetic and are clever, to an extent.

You people should just leave the community, because I am sure that 80% of the people in this community would prefer to see someone modelling something than ripping something...

iHalo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:29 PM    Msg. 20 of 577       
This is now Halo Ripping/Copying Edition, I have yet to see one very custom mod withing years.
(Besides SPv2)

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:30 PM    Msg. 21 of 577       
Spartan, aren't you the same guy that tried to tell me that I was the one flaunting rips all over the place?
Anyways, halo 3 was sooooo 3 years ago. At least rip ODST or something. Or you guys can actually show some effort and research how to rip BSP models instead of just showing people something that was already done 2 years ago.
Not trying to say that BSP ripping is something that was not possible 2 years ago.
Edited by DEEhunter on Feb 3, 2010 at 05:31 PM

iHalo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:33 PM    Msg. 22 of 577       
I'd rather work with the models before an entire BSP

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:37 PM    Msg. 23 of 577       
Either you cannot rip bsps and do not want to do any effort in actually researching, or you are being very ignorant. Not you or spartan have shown us any quality work of your own, only some random ports after you leech the asset extractor from someone. And spartan, being your henchman, seems to follow some rule as to "do what he wants if you want the rips to keep coming!"

But yea, look at the past attempts at people throwing rips around the community and realize what you are doing.

Or not.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 05:37 PM    Msg. 24 of 577       
thread summary: blah blah halo 3 models, blah stop ripping, make own stuff, blah blah faggot blah etc...

spartan is doing his thing. dont like it? dont look at it and dont post. it isnt even in the WIP threads anymore. ganging up on him and telling him to stop doing what hes doing isnt helping anybody. especially you hunter, dropping that horrendously overused insult "faggot".

are you guys understanding this? spartan is doing his thing. if you dont like it, dont post. also, all of your credibility dies when you use "gay" or "faggot". seriously, how can you people even think thats an insult anymore when its used so much?

Co1t3r

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:07 PM    Msg. 25 of 577       
Wait... so... I some someone rips something you didn't even make the problem is... I'm drawing a blank. I thinks it's neat to be able to take something out of one game and put it into another, but don't show it off just to tease about how you're not going to release it. Especially when it appears you're having someone else do the hard stuff for you.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:15 PM    Msg. 26 of 577       
spartan the ripper sights are dead pakar took his down. no one rips anymore mangenkyo doesnt even go on his. so dont worry about rippers

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:20 PM    Msg. 27 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel

BTW Higuy, that "little idiot" as you called him is actually way more skilled than you are, PLUS he can throw together extracted assets and ingame them ;)
Edited by Xel on Feb 3, 2010 at 05:46 PM

So your saying a kid who rips things from a game, then goes and brags about, is better then me.

oki doki have fun with that
Edited by Higuy on Feb 3, 2010 at 06:21 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:22 PM    Msg. 28 of 577       
Just because the ripper sites are dead, doesn't mean ripping is dead. Ripper sites were merely collaboration points for all the rippers, and now it's just underground, where we can't see it. Also, if ripping is truly over, then why is Mangekyo using leaked CMT and ASP stuff for his Project Salvo?

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:24 PM    Msg. 29 of 577       
well lets see me and pakar didnt want to teach people who asked how to rip to rip. and ask mangenkyo he said for salvo he will ask for permission for tags he asked me for some of mine.

Gamma927

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 06:28 PM    Msg. 30 of 577       
IMBrokeRU asked me to ask him to at least give credit for the assault rifle and battle rifle if he were to use it. Broke did not seem very happy that others were using the animations he spent a while on without even mentioning that it was his. Sphinxbio, as well as quite a few others, are modding maps with ripped stuff from the old HCER site, and releasing it without mentioning any of the original authors for the tags in their readme.

And don't say that others can tell who made it just by looking at it. Most of the people who play custom maps don't read the forums or watch YouTube videos. They go "Hay lookie! Dis map r haz osum assult rifle and batle rifel and the author for teh map r Sphinxbio! he r teh best map make eva", without considering the fact that the weapons inside were ripped and stolen without permission. I have yet to hear from anyone that Mangekyo had asked for permission for the assault rifle and battle rifle.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 07:02 PM    Msg. 31 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
IMBrokeRU asked me to ask him to at least give credit for the assault rifle and battle rifle if he were to use it. Broke did not seem very happy that others were using the animations he spent a while on without even mentioning that it was his. Sphinxbio, as well as quite a few others, are modding maps with ripped stuff from the old HCER site, and releasing it without mentioning any of the original authors for the tags in their readme.

And don't say that others can tell who made it just by looking at it. Most of the people who play custom maps don't read the forums or watch YouTube videos. They go "Hay lookie! Dis map r haz osum assult rifle and batle rifel and the author for teh map r Sphinxbio! he r teh best map make eva", without considering the fact that the weapons inside were ripped and stolen without permission. I have yet to hear from anyone that Mangekyo had asked for permission for the assault rifle and battle rifle.

Exactly why I have issues on releasing things. And releasing things in a map protected. It's ment to be enjoyed not be ripped from, if you wanted it that bad you can ask the person/people. It's not like a NO would be like some end of the world 2012 stuff. No.

Entitled why I don't release maps with my own ports for the public to enjoy.

Thats why Zteam is better, they actually try to get the maps out, and they are smart enough to know to create a better protection system.
Edited by Advancebo on Feb 3, 2010 at 07:02 PM

Gamma927

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 07:05 PM    Msg. 32 of 577       
Quote: --- Original message by: Silent STRKR
I understand what you're saying and I agree about the credit thing. Not being credited isn't that big of a deal. Sure, some people that don't visit the forums might download maps based on the author and the authors repeated quality, but most of the people just download maps. I didn't look at the authors of maps until I joined the community. Notice how most of the maps that suck but have ripped tags don't get downlaoded very much (those that download them only download them just for the tags).

I get your point, and I agree to a certain extent (lol history teachers making us respond like this), but I disagree with the part where you said that maps with ripped content aren't downloaded much. On YouTube, and many other sites for casual Halo CE gaming (EG, they play maps, but don't make maps), they mention those maps with ripped tags the most.
Edited by Gamma927 on Feb 3, 2010 at 07:06 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 07:37 PM    Msg. 33 of 577       
Release a ".biped" or ".weapon" tag, ha.

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 08:08 PM    Msg. 34 of 577       
He can't unless his master iHalo want's him too. As long as spartan does what he wants, he can get his hands on countless rips. Higuy pointed this out on the first page as well. How spartan likes the feeling of having something "exclusive" in his hands for his 4 minutes of fame.

As long as spartan is iHalo's pet, he will get rips and flaunt them in all directions of the forums.

Rinse repeat.
Edited by DEEhunter on Feb 3, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Corvette19

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 08:09 PM    Msg. 35 of 577       
This thread makes me lol.

Page 1 of 17 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 17 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 14, 2020 12:20 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website