A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »RPG_Beta6.2: Work in Progress

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next
Author Topic: RPG_Beta6.2: Work in Progress (213 messages, Page 1 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:20 AM    Msg. 1 of 213       
RPG_Beta6.2 Progress chart: 85%
Sanctuary_Final Progress chart: 100%

Hello there, it's that time again where I get to create a thread on something I'm working on.

Following the unexpected, preemptive release of RPG_Beta6, 6 months ago, I was given the chance to actually finish the map, fix what was broken and follow community feedback on what worked and what didn't in the last build. 6.2 is the result of so far 3 months of work and is, as I am typing these lines, near completion BSP wise. Most of the job left is refining, polishing and bug fixing. Everything that was to be modeled for it has already been done. Of course, there is still alot to be done, mostly in Guerilla / Sapien but also in Max to finish some of the goodies that should accompany this.

Adressed flaws:

-The base is now much smaller, to avoid spending days walking across it,
-Many existing areas have been Re-detailed,
-The exterior of the base has been 100% remade,
-The map has been refocussed with air gameplay in perspective thus meaning enough pelicans for your games,
-Points of Interest are now in far greater number outside the base

What's left to do
-Scripts debugging

March 21st update
Been a while since I formally edited the topic so here's where we stand. the Final BSPs have been confirmed, lots of the population and tagging stuff is now final. We now stand at the Script implementation stage. The expected scripts notably include a new Pelican Pickup script aswell as a Host-driven BSP selector. At this stage, the dev is at roughly 80% progress.

EDIT: Sanctuary_Final released
Here's the link for Sanctuary_Final until Dennis gets it up. It was up on the RPG_Beta xFire group yesterday late and to MRp clan members the day before. Now it's your turn!

Map Name: Sanctuary_Final
Author: OpsY
Size: Huge
Description: Snowy Roleplay map with HEV Pods.

File Notes:

Sanctuary_Final is my own take on a map that was leaked a while back, Sanctuary.
It was a quick project spanning over a month while working on RPG_Beta6.2. It's a definite
Role Play map (RPG) and does not fit in the RPG_Beta group. It is designed
to allow multi maps RPs with RPG_Beta6.2 Note, this map is totally
unrelated to Halo 2 Sanctuary. Really. No bounds between them.

HEV Pods How-To:

In the spawn area, you will see 12 ODST pods. the best way to use them is, once everyone
inside but one, press the HEV RELEASE switch on the wall. This gives a 20 seconds delay
before effectively deleting the platform thus launching all occupied pods. It is more
than enough time for the switch-presser to reach the pods. Once landed, the pods will
auto respawn to the ship and will be ready for another activation. In the event the
pods are blasted away from the platform by a nuke oor anything else, the HEV Reset
switch on the wall will respawn them all.

Feature list:

- Working HEV Pod
- Sparrowhawk
- Full set of Snow Vehicles
- Many Exploration possibilities
- Snow Biped
- Custom Weapons

Credits:

OpsY: Base modelling, Concept, Piecing up together, Populating
Terrel: Original Sanctuary map, Tactical Nuke, Halo 3 Warthog, Snow Biped
*Me [KS] explodes* : Awesome HEV Launcher scripts
017: HEV Model, Animation and tag support, Sparrowhawk
FireScythe: Generator Beta control room
Wave of Lag: Kestrel
Fleet Admiral Bacon: Asis ship
Bungie: All the SP stuff I used there

http://www.filefront.com/16187153/Sanctuary_Final.zip/

Here are the first screenshots to start with:

( As I said, polish hasn't been given yet)

RPG_Beta xFire community: http://www.xfire.com/communities/rpgbeta/

Edited by OpsY on Apr 21, 2010 at 09:32 AM
Edited by OpsY on Apr 21, 2010 at 09:32 AM

sos

Getting my legal team, brb

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 03:20 PM    Msg. 2 of 213       
Wow
I love your rp maps.
Im modding your rpg 5 open atm =D.
Looks awesome.
Any chance of a rpg_beta 6 open?

Spartan_094

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 03:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 213       
Please don't forgot I will get involved like I did 5 if thats ok :). Will supply you thou.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 03:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 213       
add fog to your water PLEASE

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 04:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

I thought I said I wasn't done, that's part of the detailling^_o

Kiwi

Now you see him, soon you won't

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 05:19 PM    Msg. 6 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Following the unexpected, preemptive release of RPG_Beta6, 6 months ago,

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 05:25 PM    Msg. 7 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

I thought I said I wasn't done, that's part of the detailling^_o

oki

also i saw a video of it on xfire i believe, looks cool. I actually felt like dling a rp map (rpg_beta 6), so this looks kinda fun ;)

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 05:29 PM    Msg. 8 of 213       
Kiwi: Yes, seems like time often cuts short.

Higuy: Yes some guys took videos yesterday... hmm. Of course, this is not your typical gameplay map, it's not a map where details and quality will make history but I believe it's a map that is fun to play, explore and screw around. Same way Beta 4, 5 and 6 were. Only difference now, is that since I am revisiting an existing concept, I can look at 6 months worth of critic and say, alright this was not used as expected, this I never saw a player use, that was used enough to deserve more attention... Atleast, that's the purpose. The map will of course not be perfect, some people will wish there be more, some will hate it because it's not full of Halo 3 AR and BR remakes and so goes the cycle.

Link to one of the videos taken yesterday, only shows part but whatever:http://www.xfire.com/video/20a0ff/
Edited by OpsY on Feb 4, 2010 at 05:38 PM

Hry

:)

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 05:47 PM    Msg. 9 of 213       
Nice dude, i really like ur maps.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 06:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 213       
Awesome as always. I played 6 back in June and loved it. Just a tiny bit of crit.

-Don't flood it w. aircrafts. I actually find it more fun to play when you have to do a bit of searching for an air vehicle.
-Fix those UVW's obviously
-Have some REALLY well hidden places. Not even like easter eggs, but just so you can explore alot.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 05:14 PM    Msg. 11 of 213       
can you add in like maybe 1 or 2 more weapons like the smg and br?I find rpgs more fun when you can act like you specialize in certain weapons (yeah i know thats really nerdy) and you can't really do that with the 8 weapons classic gives you (8 counting covy weps)

sos

Getting my legal team, brb

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 06:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
can you add in like maybe 1 or 2 more weapons like the smg and br?I find rpgs more fun when you can act like you specialize in certain weapons (yeah i know thats really nerdy) and you can't really do that with the 8 weapons classic gives you (8 counting covy weps)

I agree with this.
Like heavy weapons, light weapons etc....

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 07:31 PM    Msg. 13 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
Awesome as always. I played 6 back in June and loved it. Just a tiny bit of crit.

-Don't flood it w. aircrafts. I actually find it more fun to play when you have to do a bit of searching for an air vehicle.
-Fix those UVW's obviously
-Have some REALLY well hidden places. Not even like easter eggs, but just so you can explore alot.

I'll keep that in mind. Some areas can only be accessed by air however and exploration should not be a problem in this map. There's atleast 2 good places for it...

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 08:25 PM    Msg. 14 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: sos

I agree with this.

What are you talking about? There's pistols, a rifle, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, and a sniper rifle, not to mention the Covenant guns. You've got pretty much all the bases covered except an actual machine gun.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 02:57 AM    Msg. 15 of 213       
If you're devoting the map to a 'true' roleplay concept , maybe add some bipeds around some areas.

Delicon20

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 09:32 AM    Msg. 16 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kiwi

I agree with this.

What are you talking about? There's pistols, a rifle, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, and a sniper rifle, not to mention the Covenant guns. You've got pretty much all the bases covered except an actual machine gun.

yeah but you don't have an smg, a br, a lmg,a gl, you get the point

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 01:10 PM    Msg. 17 of 213       

I agree with this.

An unmodified AR can fill the purpose of an SMG, a modified AR can serve the purpose of a BR.

Commando N

Stupid Hacking AIs

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 03:04 PM    Msg. 18 of 213       
Im not sure if CMT r releasing their tags or not but if they did do u think it would be possible to add their hawks to the map?

also do u think u could add some covi vecls too e.g. phantoms spectres maybe a few seraphs.

map looks good, keep up the good work.

Edited by Commando N on Feb 6, 2010 at 03:12 PM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 06:00 PM    Msg. 19 of 213       
My tag space is beeing pretty full as is( due to the BSP that's actually as big as Halo will allow it), this limits me on vehicles, bipeds and weapons I get in.

If anyone has a way to get over that 23MB limit ( with 14MB spent on BSP), please tell!

Delicon20

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 06:30 PM    Msg. 20 of 213       

I agree with this.

An unmodified AR can fill the purpose of an SMG, a modified AR can serve the purpose of a BR.

ars are medium range not close range,and they can't pull off headshots

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 06:41 PM    Msg. 21 of 213       

I agree with this.

ars are medium range not close range,

You are obviously confusing the Halo 1 AR with the one in Halo 3.

and they can't pull off headshots

Modified

Delicon20

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 10:41 PM    Msg. 22 of 213       

I agree with this.

its medium ranged in halo one too,other wise every encounter would be close up

ar sends a bullet streak,smg release a peppering of multiple bullets spreading in different directions

ars are medium range not close range,

You are obviously confusing the Halo 1 AR with the one in Halo 3.

and they can't pull off headshots

Modified

ur welcome
Edited by Delicon20 on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 11:01 PM    Msg. 23 of 213       
Kiwi doesn't feel like searching through that to find your message.

Delicon20

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 12:20 AM    Msg. 24 of 213       
look up

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 12:40 AM    Msg. 25 of 213       
Despite the fact that it snowed a lot today, the ceiling is still there.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 09:39 AM    Msg. 26 of 213       
卐[ASP]noobkiller.max™卐: hey
卐[ASP]noobkiller.max™卐: can u post on the rpg thread to fix the damn uavs so they dont stretch so much, i dont play them but i always look at the pics and i hate it
[09:33]

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 10:58 AM    Msg. 27 of 213       
A few things:
Put a cliff around the map, the water shouldn't just stop
Remove the hovertank seat in the pelican
Place some bipeds somewhere, it doesn't feel right when you're rping a flood infection but all of the people playing the flood are spartans
New weapons
No nuke

Some questions:
Have you fixed the dissapearing faces problem?
Did you change the material type of the buildings/tents from dirt?
Will I still need devmode to spawn the pelican?
Are the underground tunnels still in the map? If so, did you remove/fix the elevator?

Kiwi

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 01:27 PM    Msg. 28 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: GoldeNTacO
A few things:
Remove the hovertank seat in the pelican

Then where will the Hovertanks sit? You should take their feelings into consideration, it's not all about you.

Place some bipeds somewhere, it doesn't feel right when you're rping a flood infection but all of the people playing the flood are spartans

Unless something changed in Kiwi's absence, possessing bipeds is not the most stable thing in the world.

Ninjadude

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 01:33 PM    Msg. 29 of 213       
"unload your weapons before sleep"
do I spy a euthanism?

Commando N

Stupid Hacking AIs

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 02:54 PM    Msg. 30 of 213       
I just thought of something if vecl pickup is in this map is it possible to make them pickupable from anywhere in the map not just pads? I don't know how halo CE's engine works but something like a radius around the peli and it picks up the closest vecl in that radius?

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 05:20 PM    Msg. 31 of 213       
Quote: --- Original message by: Commando N
I just thought of something if vehicle pickup is in this map is it possible to make them pickupable from anywhere in the map not just pads? I don't know how halo CE's engine works but something like a radius around the peli and it picks up the closest vehicle in that radius?
If I remember correctly from playing on Coldsnap, it doesn't work very well.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 07:13 PM    Msg. 32 of 213       
Doesn't work, because the script that's currently in use only works in certain trigger volumes, and thus, the vehicles are only pickupable (lol new word) if in the trigger volumes, for aesthetic reasons. If you didn't use trigger volumes, then vehicles would magically warp across the map, because there's no guarantee that the vehicle you want to pick up is directly underneath. There probably is a way to rescript it so that if an attached biped sees the pelican, but at least, it isn't worth my time (no rewards :P) to figure it out.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 07:26 PM    Msg. 33 of 213       
If I remember correctly from playing on Coldsnap, it doesn't work very well.

It works fine. You just have to make sure the vehicle you want to pick up is the only one on the pad. If you have more than one vehicle in the pad the script will pick whichever vehicle it checks first which most likely isn't the one you want.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
There probably is a way to rescript it so that if an attached biped sees the pelican, but at least, it isn't worth my time (no rewards :P) to figure it out.

Yup, there is. The idea is that you attach two invisible, intangible, invincible bipeds to two markers on separate sides of the peli so that they face each other at all times on the server side: one near the sniper seat facing back, and another at the same height in mid-air at the tail facing forward. If both bipeds can see a vehicle within a certain angle, then it must mean that the vehicle is right under the peli.

Other than this detail, the rest of the script works the same way as the one in Coldsnap.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 11:49 PM    Msg. 34 of 213       
Here is how to get over the limit hold on....

your going to need this tool:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0yz2wgythaz

and you just need to set it up like normal tool,so it goes to the HCE folder,and then type in this tool_pro build-cache-file levels\whatever\whatever,and it should compile and not exception!

spartan 034

i think i will stay behind, and hold um off.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 05:19 PM    Msg. 35 of 213       
Cause they are fun, duh.

No but my reason is there is not really anything set that you have to do, you can make it up as you go.

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 4, 2020 4:29 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website