A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Official sandtrap thread] Halo 3 sandtrap WIP.

Page 4 of 17 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 17 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [Official sandtrap thread] Halo 3 sandtrap WIP. (575 messages, Page 4 of 17)
Moderators: Dennis

eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 07:57 PM    Msg. 106 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Frag and Plasma ftw, classic is the way to go.


Couldn't the other grenades be made pickups like the energy drain and have them separate from the regular grenade counts in the HUD. This may seem a bit stupid, but that way you could have all the grenades in one map.


Delicon20
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Still here. Still loves bacon


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:00 PM    Msg. 107 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

Update bro. How i will keep people within the map (first step)

http://www.xfire.com/video/229b86/\

If you manage to get further out, i will have a killbarrier waiting for you :D


What i did\am doing.

I am using an invisible biped, invisible rocket launcher, invisible projectile, which only detonates upon hitting a vehicle or cyborg (materials.)

There are AI all around the map, but are invisible and shoot only when you get within 10 feet.


The rocket projectile is really fast so theres no way to avoid it.
Edited by jesse on Feb 21, 2010 at 07:43 PM


but will they sinc?


Gamma927
Joined: Jun 12, 2008

Steam: gamma927


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:10 PM    Msg. 108 of 575       
Player death's sync. That's all that matters.


Headhunter09
Joined: May 6, 2008

This is the truth.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 109 of 575       
snowbound turrets are also an option here that may work out better than random explosions of death. Or at least put in a beeping sound when you are in the danger zone.


ODX
Joined: Jul 26, 2007

A rare sight, indeed.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:40 PM    Msg. 110 of 575       
Why not make them throw frags or something ._.

In addition to that:
What if you put them on a plane below the level, and once they saw you they would throw a grenade upwards, so the grenades would come out of the ground just like the mines do, and be near the same?


DarkHalo003
Joined: Mar 10, 2008

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:41 PM    Msg. 111 of 575       
Basically the AI not syncing shouldn't matter: they give effects and damage that do sync. I'm assuming AI don't sync because Bipeds don't right? Or is that FUBAR and I should stop talking?


Gamma927
Joined: Jun 12, 2008

Steam: gamma927


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:43 PM    Msg. 112 of 575       
The bipeds are fine. It's just that the actions that the AI carries out are random.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:54 PM    Msg. 113 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
http://www.xfire.com/video/227cfd/


D:
Please do something to make the sand look less ugly. It tiles really obviously right now, especially from up high like that.

No fear, I can fix up that sand. It's easy.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/wtfhax.jpg
There is nothing special on the textures I made for the map


For the sand it looks like it has little pockets everywhere. Why not make something of a sand texture like this...


Edited by eliteslasher on Feb 21, 2010 at 08:55 PM


Headhunter09
Joined: May 6, 2008

This is the truth.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:55 PM    Msg. 114 of 575       
there are different kinds of sand. Dune sand there is not the kind in sand trap


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 08:58 PM    Msg. 115 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
there are different kinds of sand. Dune sand there is not the kind in sand trap


Oh. Well, I was just thinking it may help it look less tiled. I haven't been in sandtrap a while because I guess that map isn't liked anymore. Whenever it comes up all i ever hear people say is "veto veto veto!!!"
Edited by eliteslasher on Feb 21, 2010 at 08:58 PM


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 09:55 PM    Msg. 116 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

Update bro. How i will keep people within the map (first step)

http://www.xfire.com/video/229b86/\

If you manage to get further out, i will have a killbarrier waiting for you :D


What i did\am doing.

I am using an invisible biped, invisible rocket launcher, invisible projectile, which only detonates upon hitting a vehicle or cyborg (materials.)

There are AI all around the map, but are invisible and shoot only when you get within 10 feet.

The rocket projectile is really fast so theres no way to avoid it.
Edited by jesse on Feb 21, 2010 at 07:43 PM


Why a rocket?


Gamma927
Joined: Jun 12, 2008

Steam: gamma927


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:08 PM    Msg. 117 of 575       
Because it explodes.


daniel117
Joined: Apr 9, 2008

Math major dude


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:10 PM    Msg. 118 of 575       
wow you guys are still working on this map?

well so far it looks very nice

good job :D


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:13 PM    Msg. 119 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Because it explodes.


you can make anything explode you durp.
What if the ai miss?

How about you mimic Halo 3, where the AI are the little egg things at the top of each tower, and it shoots a no damage sniper bullet at the players spot, but it spawns a frag grenade rocket thing, and it explodes, that way you won't instantly die, especially if your in a vehicle. But farther out from the ai boundary, there is a wall, like in halo 3, which will stop you, and get you killed by the AI.
Edited by Advancebo on Feb 21, 2010 at 10:19 PM


PX173
Joined: Aug 22, 2009

It was worth it.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:30 PM    Msg. 120 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Because it explodes.


you can make anything explode you durp.
What if the ai miss?
Edited by Advancebo on Feb 21, 2010 at 10:19 PM

They won't. You can make the AI shoot with extreme accuracy and almost flawless leading. If all else fails, they just spam rockets.


Rlentle2s
Joined: Oct 20, 2009

.


Posted: Feb 21, 2010 11:26 PM    Msg. 121 of 575       
Relentlessly. ^^ Yes I have had some practice with insane AI. They gave me the hate of spawn killing. :P


sargejohnson
Joined: Apr 20, 2009

Shall we play a game?


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 01:47 AM    Msg. 122 of 575       
i agree.
did this experiment with some omg ai, and i learnt this equation pretty fast.
extremely good ai scorpion at sniper platform of blue base in gephyrophobia + exposed player spawn point = hate of spawn killing


PX173
Joined: Aug 22, 2009

It was worth it.


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 01:59 AM    Msg. 123 of 575       
Well at least they said the AI would only fire if you were close enough. Because if it would fire across the map, you're instantly dead, especially because Sandtrap was an outdoor map with lots of open spaces. Probably the most open and largest spaces H3 multiplayer have.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 06:20 AM    Msg. 124 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
Well at least they said the AI would only fire if you were close enough. Because if it would fire across the map, you're instantly dead, especially because Sandtrap was an outdoor map with lots of open spaces. Probably the most open and largest spaces H3 multiplayer have.


Sandbox beats Sandtrap.


PX173
Joined: Aug 22, 2009

It was worth it.


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 06:39 AM    Msg. 125 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
Well at least they said the AI would only fire if you were close enough. Because if it would fire across the map, you're instantly dead, especially because Sandtrap was an outdoor map with lots of open spaces. Probably the most open and largest spaces H3 multiplayer have.


Sandbox beats Sandtrap.

Yes, but Sandbox requires editing to give it open spaces. Seriously, the crypt is just a small box with limited airspace where you can put in anything you want. Only the sky bubble could be considered to have far larger spaces that those in sandtrap, but then again, there is no player clipping beneath it - they replaced it with a death barrier.


Ninjadude
Joined: Jun 22, 2008


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 01:58 PM    Msg. 126 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

Update bro. How i will keep people within the map (first step)

http://www.xfire.com/video/229b86/\

If you manage to get further out, i will have a killbarrier waiting for you :D


What i did\am doing.

I am using an invisible biped, invisible rocket launcher, invisible projectile, which only detonates upon hitting a vehicle or cyborg (materials.)

There are AI all around the map, but are invisible and shoot only when you get within 10 feet.

The rocket projectile is really fast so theres no way to avoid it.
Edited by jesse on Feb 21, 2010 at 07:43 PM

have it make vehicles insta respawn, and make the sand darker where the barrier is.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 02:51 PM    Msg. 127 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
Well at least they said the AI would only fire if you were close enough. Because if it would fire across the map, you're instantly dead, especially because Sandtrap was an outdoor map with lots of open spaces. Probably the most open and largest spaces H3 multiplayer have.


Sandbox beats Sandtrap.

Yes, but Sandbox requires editing to give it open spaces. Seriously, the crypt is just a small box with limited airspace where you can put in anything you want. Only the sky bubble could be considered to have far larger spaces that those in sandtrap, but then again, there is no player clipping beneath it - they replaced it with a death barrier.


What about the sand dunes on sandbox? You can go all over the place.


SwordMa5ster
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Come get some!!!


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 04:25 PM    Msg. 128 of 575       
I like advancebo's current idea, just make sure that you can go on the edge of the dunes because people are gonna want to go around the maps in warthogs like they do in H3.


Delicon20
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Still here. Still loves bacon


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 06:07 PM    Msg. 129 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: SwordMa5ster
I like advancebo's current idea, just make sure that you can go on the edge of the dunes because people are gonna want to go around the maps in warthogs like they do in H3.


plus if you're turning in a banshee and you curve outside the map you don't wanna die by an uber-rocket as soon as you set foot outside of the map


Gamma927
Joined: Jun 12, 2008

Steam: gamma927


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 06:50 PM    Msg. 130 of 575       
It's this, or exception.


SwordMa5ster
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Come get some!!!


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 07:28 PM    Msg. 131 of 575       
What about a timed death barrier were a message pops up telling the person to go back in 10 seconds or they die. I've seen them in SP maps could it work for MP.


Headhunter09
Joined: May 6, 2008

This is the truth.


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 08:05 PM    Msg. 132 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
It's this, or exception.


How about a warning at least? Maybe some zone markers?


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 08:14 PM    Msg. 133 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
It's this, or exception.


How about a warning at least? Maybe some zone markers?


Hurf, in Halo 3, there are little flashing light strobes around the perimeter, you step out of that circle, and the mines start going off.


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 08:29 PM    Msg. 134 of 575       
the terrain on this map still looks like vomit.. half the things aren't smoothed out like desert should be.


Headhunter09
Joined: May 6, 2008

This is the truth.


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 08:43 PM    Msg. 135 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
It's this, or exception.


How about a warning at least? Maybe some zone markers?


Hurf, in Halo 3, there are little flashing light strobes around the perimeter, you step out of that circle, and the mines start going off.


Exactly my point.


Disaster
Joined: Dec 16, 2007

ROCKS


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 09:08 PM    Msg. 136 of 575       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
http://www.xfire.com/video/227cfd/


D:
Please do something to make the sand look less ugly. It tiles really obviously right now, especially from up high like that.

No fear, I can fix up that sand. It's easy.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/wtfhax.jpg
There is nothing special on the textures I made for the map


For the sand it looks like it has little pockets everywhere. Why not make something of a sand texture like this...
Edited by eliteslasher on Feb 21, 2010 at 08:55 PM

Sandtrap's sand looks like this.


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 09:10 PM    Msg. 137 of 575       
Just make a actual ground texture for the map and have alphas so you can use different detail maps.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 09:42 PM    Msg. 138 of 575       
^This
Except that you can only have 2 detail maps. Halo 3 uses a blend map, using the RGB channels to blend the 3 different detail maps.

But the way Sandtrap was done, is that there is 1 tiling sand diffuse, just noise and flat. Then they tiled bump/normal maps with the different kinds of sand to make the effect they have in Sandtrap.


Rlentle2s
Joined: Oct 20, 2009

.


Posted: Feb 22, 2010 11:04 PM    Msg. 139 of 575       
Can you release this map in the weekends, at 6:00 pm (MST) or after? I want to play with one of you guys. :P


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Feb 23, 2010 01:02 AM    Msg. 140 of 575       
so wait a second, what was the issue with the sand again? That it looks like it is tiled? Because sandtrap does look like it is tiled a little if you go up high enough I'm pretty sure.

 
Page 4 of 17 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 17 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu July 2, 2020 4:00 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website