A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »lighting problems

Author Topic: lighting problems (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

WN blaqk

i set my friends on fire

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 07:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
when i open the scenerio file in sapien its pretty much all black and i can barely see and it seems to not have to bitmaps i pput in in 3ds. ive been following {WK}H Guru's tutorial, and ive done every single step in there minus adding water, and it still came out like it is. any suggestions?

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 07:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
a) you have no sky
b) you have no lightmaps
c) you dont have +sky mat in your model.

Advancebo

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 07:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
In Sapien:

1. Press the "~" (tilde) key, top right of your keyboard, above the tab.
2. Type: "radiosity_quality 1 or 0", depending on how much quality you want your lighting to be. 0 is lower quality, but faster, and 1 is higher quality, but takes a lot longer.
3. After pressing enter to enter the command above, type: "radiosity_start", during which, it will run lightmaps at the quality you have chosen, and you will be unable to do anything until it is complete.
4. After the process is complete, (you will know after the numbers at the top left of the game window are all 0's), press the "~" key again, and type: "radiosity_save", which will save the lightmaps to a bitmap tag.
5. File>Save Scenario
6. Restart Sapien.

WN blaqk

i set my friends on fire

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
cls grunt: i have skies, i did the lightmaps step, and idk about the third one ill check it out

advancebo: tried it and it was still dark and my bitmaps were still missing but thanks anyway

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 06:51 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
try not to post double topics though.
be patient, and usually you should get a reply within three days of your post.
i have already posted a reply in your other topic, check it.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website