A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »UNMT Mapping Team official Thread

Page 2 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: UNMT Mapping Team official Thread (249 messages, Page 2 of 8)
Moderators: Dennis

Dwood
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

Judge Ye Therefore


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 05:00 PM    Msg. 36 of 249       
This is what scenery is for. You lose a lot of detail in doing so however.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 05:15 PM    Msg. 37 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
This is what scenery is for. You lose a lot of detail in doing so however.

That's why I was thinking of just putting it a little away from the surface so that I could retain bumps and such.


sos
Joined: Aug 8, 2008

Getting my legal team, brb


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 05:20 PM    Msg. 38 of 249       
= D

Thats true dude.


shadowslayer123
Joined: Feb 22, 2009

Not the american average


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 05:28 PM    Msg. 39 of 249       
jee, thanks. /sarcasm


sos
Joined: Aug 8, 2008

Getting my legal team, brb


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 05:36 PM    Msg. 40 of 249       
Lol you missed my sarcasm?
Edited by sos on Mar 3, 2010 at 05:36 PM


Corvette19
Joined: Feb 27, 2007


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 06:17 PM    Msg. 41 of 249       
I'm so excited.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 09:14 PM    Msg. 42 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

UNMT (Unnamed Mapping Team)
To begin with, this is a team started by myself and SOS.

Current members are

SOS
Nick
Eliteslasher
Shadowslayer123
Hydrogen

Current project:
Citadel Variant



Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 3, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 3, 2010 at 08:29 PM


new update.

anyways what hud we using?


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 09:22 PM    Msg. 43 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

UNMT (Unnamed Mapping Team)
To begin with, this is a team started by myself and SOS.

Current members are

SOS
Nick
Eliteslasher
Shadowslayer123
Hydrogen

Current project:
Citadel Variant



Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 3, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 3, 2010 at 08:29 PM


new update.

anyways what hud we using?


Unsure as of yet. You got a recommendation.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 09:25 PM    Msg. 44 of 249       
well.... whats are weapon set?


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 10:12 PM    Msg. 45 of 249       
Well, we would like to have the weapon basically short and mid range weapons such as carbine, BR, smg, ar, plasma weaps, etc. I don't think snipes would be all too appropriate for this map. If someone wants that, they can play custom gametypes or shotty snipe or something.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 10:51 PM    Msg. 46 of 249       
it sounds good but i think if its ok we should use the cmt plasma weps. and cmt carbine. everything else sounds ok... also I snipe on small maps along with other people is the problem. but the classic sniper model is dull


sleepy1212
Joined: Feb 4, 2009

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com


Posted: Mar 3, 2010 11:37 PM    Msg. 47 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
I have a question for the community. For something that you use more than once in a BSP, Is it proper to just not fully attach it to the floor and just have numerous of the same thing sitting like a quarter inch above the floor it would SUPPOSEDLY be attached to? Because If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that also save polys? That is what I am considering doing with the barricades so I don't have to unwrap them a bunch of times.


yes you can do this. after you place them all attach them as one object separate from the level and attach it to the frame. you don't need to have them floating either. they can intersect the bsp. you will get no-leaves errors though


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:11 AM    Msg. 48 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
I have a question for the community. For something that you use more than once in a BSP, Is it proper to just not fully attach it to the floor and just have numerous of the same thing sitting like a quarter inch above the floor it would SUPPOSEDLY be attached to? Because If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that also save polys? That is what I am considering doing with the barricades so I don't have to unwrap them a bunch of times.


yes you can do this. after you place them all attach them as one object separate from the level and attach it to the frame. you don't need to have them floating either. they can intersect the bsp. you will get no-leaves errors though


What exactly do leaves errors tell you? Just that planes intersect? I've wondered this a while but never checked.

And here is an update on the barricades. I tried to make them a bit smoother. Do they look like maybe they need to be bigger so it isn't required to crouch behind them?


Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:31 AM


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 01:54 AM    Msg. 49 of 249       
?


Dwood
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

Judge Ye Therefore


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 07:03 AM    Msg. 50 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
I love that you're never satisfied
With face value wisdom and happy lies
You take what they say and go back and cry
You're so close to me that you nearly died


I think Dennis doesn't/hasn't banned you yet because he thinks it's fun to watch others try to squirm under your humor.


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:08 AM    Msg. 51 of 249       
Please stay on topic: UNMT Mapping Team official Thread


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:17 PM    Msg. 52 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
I have a question for the community. For something that you use more than once in a BSP, Is it proper to just not fully attach it to the floor and just have numerous of the same thing sitting like a quarter inch above the floor it would SUPPOSEDLY be attached to? Because If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that also save polys? That is what I am considering doing with the barricades so I don't have to unwrap them a bunch of times.


yes you can do this. after you place them all attach them as one object separate from the level and attach it to the frame. you don't need to have them floating either. they can intersect the bsp. you will get no-leaves errors though


What exactly do leaves errors tell you? Just that planes intersect? I've wondered this a while but never checked.

And here is an update on the barricades. I tried to make them a bit smoother. Do they look like maybe they need to be bigger so it isn't required to crouch behind them?


Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:31 AM

they look good like that. I like crouching behind stuff because you want to be able to jump the barricades when you need to.

example: im getting shot all I have is a shotgun. my shields go down I crouch. guy is coming closer. I jump over and shoot him with shotgun, and get the kill.


sleepy1212
Joined: Feb 4, 2009

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:30 PM    Msg. 53 of 249       
agreed, being able to see over them/jump on top of them is a good thing.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:54 PM    Msg. 54 of 249       
we can always change the biped settings to the h2 jumping height. wich can jump ontop pillars in infernos leaked eggplant. anyways the grenades will be a challenge for the player.

also the barricade is fine. we can crouch walk to look out the sides of it.
Edited by Hydrogen on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:55 PM


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:59 PM    Msg. 55 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

we can always change the biped settings to the h2 jumping height. wich can jump ontop pillars in infernos leaked eggplant. anyways the grenades will be a challenge for the player.

also the barricade is fine. we can crouch walk to look out the sides of it.
Edited by Hydrogen on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:55 PM


Jumping height shouldnt be changed, that would mess with gameplay. Such as someone jumping high enough to avoid a rocket launcher.


DarkHalo003
Joined: Mar 10, 2008

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 08:45 PM    Msg. 56 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
I needs a bit more angle on its edges, mainly on the inner area before you reach the center and before the forerunner looks completely perfect.


What do you mean as far as a bit more angle?

Err, I'm not too good with description, but go up to anyone (like Selentic) about your Forerunner design and he will show you what I mean and maybe more.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 09:45 PM    Msg. 57 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

we can always change the biped settings to the h2 jumping height. wich can jump ontop pillars in infernos leaked eggplant. anyways the grenades will be a challenge for the player.

also the barricade is fine. we can crouch walk to look out the sides of it.
Edited by Hydrogen on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:55 PM


Jumping height shouldnt be changed, that would mess with gameplay. Such as someone jumping high enough to avoid a rocket launcher.


Well, I see where you are coming from, but one of my plans is to use an increased jump height. And why shouldn't someone be able to avoid a rocket launcher? It happens all the time in halo 3 where it doesn't kill you but just brings down your shields. Maybe I will make it more semi halo 2 where it will be between sort of.

Darkhalo. are you perhaps referring to the fact that the angles I am using for the faces are all like 45s and much of forerunner architecture is on steeper angles?
Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 4, 2010 at 09:49 PM


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 09:58 PM    Msg. 58 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen

we can always change the biped settings to the h2 jumping height. wich can jump ontop pillars in infernos leaked eggplant. anyways the grenades will be a challenge for the player.

also the barricade is fine. we can crouch walk to look out the sides of it.
Edited by Hydrogen on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:55 PM


Jumping height shouldnt be changed, that would mess with gameplay. Such as someone jumping high enough to avoid a rocket launcher.


Well, I see where you are coming from, but one of my plans is to use an increased jump height. And why shouldn't someone be able to avoid a rocket launcher? It happens all the time in halo 3 where it doesn't kill you but just brings down your shields. Maybe I will make it more semi halo 2 where it will be between sort of.

Darkhalo. are you perhaps referring to the fact that the angles I am using for the faces are all like 45s and much of forerunner architecture is on steeper angles?
Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 4, 2010 at 09:49 PM


Thats also because the area of damage for the rocket launcher was lowered in Halo 3, and the fact that you can jump crazy high in Halo 3.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 59 of 249       
Ah


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 60 of 249       
ima agree with slasher. also in the middle of the map is there supposed to be glass where the holes are?


sleepy1212
Joined: Feb 4, 2009

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:17 PM    Msg. 61 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: tucker412

Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
agreed, being able to see over them/jump on top of them is a good thing.

The barricade is taller then mc's shoulders, good luck doin' that. :p
Edited by tucker412 on Mar 4, 2010 at 06:09 PM


you can easily crouch-jump onto MC's head.

Don't modify the jump. It's stupid.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 62 of 249       
heres my only concern about the jumping. you can jump from the middle to the top left or right side in h3. I want that to be perfect for ce no errors because people need more then one way to get places.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 5, 2010 11:53 PM    Msg. 63 of 249       
Just a few BSP updates.
Still planning to change some more interior supports and also have the tactical drops into the tunnels below the flag areas.





Some lighting that will be used







Switched to some nicer more Forerunnerish side supports



I think that the barricade is too small.his is it and it is a little small.


DarkHalo003
Joined: Mar 10, 2008

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:25 AM    Msg. 64 of 249       
Looking great! There is still that one forerunner-design flaw with part of the Barricade that is bothering me though. However, it may also just be the lighting. :P


anonymous_2009
Joined: Jun 13, 2009


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:31 AM    Msg. 65 of 249       
Why do I prefer models with no textures...


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:36 AM    Msg. 66 of 249       
Still looking extremley blank, get more cover in there.

Like I said, COVY CRATES!!!!!


UnevenElefant5
Joined: May 3, 2008

she/her this fag bashes back


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 10:55 AM    Msg. 67 of 249       
It all looks really blank, either size it down, or find a way to fill the spaces more, since the only cover right now seems to be those barricades.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 12:36 PM    Msg. 68 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Still looking extremley blank, get more cover in there.

Like I said, COVY CRATES!!!!!


Or Forey Crates.


sos
Joined: Aug 8, 2008

Getting my legal team, brb


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 01:04 PM    Msg. 69 of 249       
We havent started populating yet,
As I belive we're on stage 2/6 of the map.


eliteslasher
Joined: Jun 30, 2008

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 01:18 PM    Msg. 70 of 249       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Still looking extremley blank, get more cover in there.

Like I said, COVY CRATES!!!!!


Or Forey Crates.


What exactly does a Forerunner crate even look like? I don't know if covie crates will be very appropriate but we'll see how they look with the color scheme. That's the only thing I am concerned about ATM.

OMG I'm so happy right now.
8 gig ram = me :D
Edited by eliteslasher on Mar 6, 2010 at 02:50 PM

 
Page 2 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Fri October 18, 2019 2:14 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website