A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Reach Multiplayer First Look

Page 1 of 5 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · Next
Author Topic: Halo Reach Multiplayer First Look (159 messages, Page 1 of 5)
Moderators: Dennis

yayaplols

Cara bel, cara mia bella! Mia bambina, oh ciel....

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 11:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 159       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95PeZ0qsLY

It's going to be epic! See you at May 3rd =D

- I like the jet pack, rolling, assassination, weapons, vehicles, textures, i love it all =D

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 11:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 159       
gadsf

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 11:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 159       
Reach is turning out meh in my opinion. They managed to butcher even the plasma pistol, and the only decent looking weapon seems to be the sniper rifle. Everything else looks to be like a mockup (needle-rifle, DMR, etc). The new gametypes seem to be rather intriguing, but I must agree with L0d3x, that the game seems to be much more cartoon-ish, and also with Jesse, who said that it looks like they're just making it for money (Yes, Bungie ruining their own game).
Edited by Gamma927 on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:11 AM    Msg. 4 of 159       
i luv it. only thing that could use change would be the human pistol reload & the cartoon effect. Though even that looks good enough. Just doesn't seem to fit into a halo game.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:34 AM    Msg. 5 of 159       
=D Can't wait! I like what they did with the physics.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 01:20 AM    Msg. 6 of 159       
I think it looks great. But everyone on this site will manage to rip it to pieces, as if they could make something 1/4 as good.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 01:23 AM    Msg. 7 of 159       
Overall looks intriguing. I like the jetpacks and the armor perks as well as the new weapons (particularly the thumper-esque one). The new gametypes seem innovative. I'm hoping Invasion will be like a cooler firefight, and human's vs elites looks nice as well.

MissingSpartan7

I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 02:34 AM    Msg. 8 of 159       
we'd better or we'll send boxing kangaroos over
and we'll enlist the kiwis too

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 02:35 AM    Msg. 9 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
I think it looks great. But everyone on this site will manage to rip it to pieces, as if they could make something 1/4 as good.

Let's start now shall we?
lol

Jet packs? Seriously?

olly12345

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 03:07 AM    Msg. 10 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vern125
You got to remember Gamma that this is based on the timeline before the first Halo game, which makes the technology less advanced. Also, the game is still in the alpha stage.

People use this excuse but when do weapons change significantly over 3 or 4 months?
The REAL reason is because Reach was technologically different to Earth, most of the weapons on reach were being field tested.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 03:55 AM    Msg. 11 of 159       
Oh, looks. They have done something different, IT SUCKS!! GIMMI SAME OLD BORING HALO!!!

I think Jetpacks are awesome.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:04 AM    Msg. 12 of 159       
they used CMT's chain gun sounds on the warthog...
also the grav hammer!? in reach?! well, there are no brutes in reach(as far as i know)
damn what happened to halo? time travels?

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:24 AM    Msg. 13 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vern125
You got to remember Gamma that this is based on the timeline before the first Halo game, which makes the technology less advanced. Also, the game is still in the alpha stage.

How less advanced can they be within a time period of 1 year?

Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
they used CMT's chain gun sounds on the warthog...
also the grav hammer!? in reach?! well, there are no brutes in reach(as far as i know)

I'm pretty sure those are Halo 2.
There are brutes.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 08:32 AM    Msg. 14 of 159       
Wow, if the multiplayer is like this I might actually considering playing Halo Reach more than BF BC2 or MW2.

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:23 AM    Msg. 15 of 159       
I thought it looked pretty awesome. Did anyone notice the Spartan punching the other in the stomach? Looks like a finishing melee move or something. Jetpacks could be interesting, would like to see some classic gametypes without 'em too though. Spartans versus Elites is something I've been wating since Halo 2, and overall, this just looks amazing. (I see no problem with the weapons, and I noticed the pistol is looking like the Halo 1 variant).

AlwinRoth

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:48 PM    Msg. 16 of 159       
Video looks interesting,

I find the new weapon designs pretty neat, they don't seem "butchered" as most people say, just creativity Bungie unleashed due to the fact that their polygon count increased ever since they made a new engine better than halo 3's.

The Idea of having perks instead of equipments is really nice, so far the repel-shield-like perk which took out the ghost in the video would be my favorite.

The level of blood has been increased, which also makes me happy, and the splatter effect it has is very nicely done.

Assassinations are pretty kick-ass, the back stabbing one is really smooth looking.

New game types, such as the head hunter, look pretty fun.

Pretty excited for the Beta, but right now, I'm busy with Bad Company 2.

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:50 PM    Msg. 17 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlwinRoth
Video looks interesting,

I find the new weapon designs pretty neat, they don't seem "butchered" as most people say, just creativity Bungie unleashed due to the fact that their polygon count increased ever since they made a new engine better than halo 3's.

The Idea of having perks instead of equipments is really nice, so far the repel-shield-like perk which took out the ghost in the video would be my favorite.

The level of blood has been increased, which also makes me happy, and the splatter effect it has is very nicely done.

Assassinations are pretty kick-ass, the back stabbing one is really smooth looking.

New game types, such as the head hunter, look pretty fun.

Pretty excited for the Beta, but right now, I'm busy with Bad Company 2.

BC2 sucks.
They didnt make a new engine, they modified Halo 3's engine.
There not perks, there called armor abilities.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:55 PM    Msg. 18 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
BC2 sucks. Opinions are Opinions, but your doing a fine Job at starting a Flame War...
My bad on those two facts, I pictured them as perks, but I guess "armor abilities" should be used instead.
As for the engine, I thought they started straight from scratch, I'll have to google and look into my mistake...

:D

NeiaG

Ohai Mark

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:55 PM    Msg. 19 of 159       
It looks so sexy. My gaming love for Halo has resurfaced. :'O

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 05:58 PM    Msg. 20 of 159       
BC2 sucks. Opinions are Opinions, but your doing a fine Job at starting a Flame War... BC2 still sucks.
My bad on those two facts, I pictured them as perks, but I guess "armor abilities" should be used instead.
As for the engine, I thought they started straight from scratch, I'll have to google and look into my mistake...
Watch the ViDoc.

k
Edited by Advancebo on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:58 PM

AlwinRoth

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 159       
BC2 sucks. Opinions are Opinions, but your doing a fine Job at starting a Flame War... BC2 still sucks. Read Last Message :D
Watch the ViDoc.
Oh Neat-O a ViDoc, You have a link, too lazy to Google and play cheap rip-offs of counter strike at the same time. *cough* CrossFire *cough*

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:02 PM    Msg. 22 of 159       
BC2 sucks. Opinions are Opinions, but your doing a fine Job at starting a Flame War... BC2 still sucks. Read Last Message :D
Watch the ViDoc.
Oh Neat-O a ViDoc, You have a link, too lazy to Google and play cheap rip-offs of counter strike at the same time. *cough* CrossFire *cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_jiB2hqeQ

bra

Corvette19

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 159       
The game looks amazing.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 06:14 PM    Msg. 24 of 159       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_jiB2hqeQ

bra

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 08:59 PM    Msg. 25 of 159       
While I'm definitely not getting it/doing the beta (i don't like console games), I will say, some of those new features seem interesting. The particles look nice too..

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 09:41 PM    Msg. 26 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Reach is turning out meh in my opinion. They managed to butcher even the plasma pistol, and the only decent looking weapon seems to be the sniper rifle. Everything else looks to be like a mockup (needle-rifle, DMR, etc). The new gametypes seem to be rather intriguing, but I must agree with L0d3x, that the game seems to be much more cartoon-ish, and also with Jesse, who said that it looks like they're just making it for money (Yes, Bungie ruining their own game).
Edited by Gamma927 on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I have to break this down to keep the obnoxious repetition that every Halo game is now a cash cow:

1.) You're basing your game experience off of graphics and design of a WEAPON MODEL. I honestly think the weapons look awesome, not just in appearance but in terms of gameplay. In all respects it is in improvement more than what you consider a butchering. Your adjectives are too strong and it makes you look like your opinion is amateur (by that I mean like a troll because no, the sniper isn't the only decent looking weapon.

2.) Wait wait wait, you're saying that because there are other weapons in the game that it automatically is a mockery? That's pitiful and closed minded. This is a time before the events of Halo (which exclude most of the weapons we know of now) and Reach featured MULTIPLE fleets of the Covenant with different characteristics, while Halo only featured one. There is plenty of room for new weapons. I'm actually glad Multiplayer removed the BR, redesigned a new med-long ranged weapon, redesigned the AR, added some better Covenant weapons, and added some different interfaces to UNSC weaponry.

3.) I agree with you completely. I've been waiting for Invasion for quite a while, at least since Halo 2.

4.) I fail to see what you mean here. I think the graphics are easily up to date and the cutscenes for assassinations are fantastic and epic. If you wonder what will happen during the cutscenes animations of the attacks when someone fires on the enemy, then imagine the Spartans in Halo Wars while trying to board vehicles in a group of enemies.

5.) HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Anyone who uses this as an argument is automatically asking for a sign to be nailed into their chests saying "I'M CHEAP AS HELL AND THINK BUNGIE'S ONLY INTENTIONS WITH HALO IS TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT ANY OPINION FROM THEIR COMMUNITY LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL!!!11!1!!!!" Anyone who says this is a lunatic who is trying to find something wrong with the game to justify themselves on a subject people can only be skeptical about to begin with. Bungie cares greatly about their community, which is why they show us videos and screens and words from their ALPHAS and allow us to participate in their BETAS. I guarantee you that if Bungie didn't let you play the Beta, you'd still buy the game regardless. This is Bungie's last official Halo title, so seriously think about exactly which side of the money you talking about. They will make the game good and I honestly think it's going to be the best multiplayer in any Halo game thus far.

Because expert developers of an award winning and fan-loved series supposedly have no idea what they're doing in comparison to a kid who says half of their crap is completely illegitimate.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Mar 4, 2010 at 09:43 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:08 PM    Msg. 27 of 159       
In response to your fifth point. It's called marketing.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:23 PM    Msg. 28 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
In response to your fifth point. It's called marketing.

I know it is beneficial for marketing, but if you look at it you really don't need the Beta to know that the game will sell a massive amount of digits. It's a Halo title that looks great and people know it's going to be descent because it's Halo. I'm not saying this to be a Fanboy, I'm saying it because it's true.

Also, that argument is a very bad one to use to debunk and mortify something. Really. It holds no ground and can easily be debated. Although the game is being sold as a product, it's not like Bungie is going to put in all of their time and resources to over price it (NO ODST WAS NOT OVERPRICED IN ITS FINAL FORM) just to make money. The cashcow argument just isn't a valid argument at this point because the game looks so good. Now if it were a game called Halo that looked bad, sounded bad, and read bad, then at that point let the cashcow argument ensue. However, since Reach looks so well done, the argument is utterly just one to stir up a Hornet's nest.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:31 PM    Msg. 29 of 159       
umad? lol, didn't know you cared enough to argue back. First off, you're arguing over my opinion for a game. No matter what you say, you cannot undermine the fact that an opinion is an opinion. But of course, you probably don't care about that, and want to argue anyway. Fine. So be it.

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
1.) You're basing your game experience off of graphics and design of a WEAPON MODEL. I honestly think the weapons look awesome, not just in appearance but in terms of gameplay. In all respects it is in improvement more than what you consider a butchering. Your adjectives are too strong and it makes you look like your opinion is amateur (by that I mean like a troll because no, the sniper isn't the only decent looking weapon.

What appeals to one person may not appeal to another. The point of my sentence was to point out that I dislike the new design for most of the weapons. For example, why the hell did they add iron sights to a plasma pistol? Why did they jack up the display for the assault rifle, making it appear obtrusive and ugly? And of course, gameplay is what you're arguing for. Did you notice how fast the pistol fired in the multiplayer reveal video? What about that giant plasma thingy that shoots rapidly and dischages explosive plasma blobs? Your definition of "gameplay balance" is far different than mine.

2.)Wait wait wait, you're saying that because there are other weapons in the game that it automatically is a mockery? That's pitiful and closed minded. This is a time before the events of Halo (which exclude most of the weapons we know of now) and Reach featured MULTIPLE fleets of the Covenant with different characteristics, while Halo only featured one. There is plenty of room for new weapons. I'm actually glad Multiplayer removed the BR, redesigned a new med-long ranged weapon, redesigned the AR, added some better Covenant weapons, and added some different interfaces to UNSC weaponry.

The new spartan laser looks like they added a heartbeat sensor to it, adding to the meh assault rifle, and the needle rifle, which looks like they fattened up the carbine, and jabbed needles into it.
My sentence was supposed to be supporting the previous sentence, that they managed to butcher graphical portion of the weapons. However, you decided to call me "closed minded" and "pitiful", when you couldn't link the two sentences together. You may be glad that they removed the BR, but I may have liked the BR. Does that instantly make you wrong, and your statement a target for me to write a 500+ word essay against just to undermine your point? Opinions are opinions, and I cannot begin to stress that fact.

3.) I agree with you completely. I've been waiting for Invasion for quite a while, at least since Halo 2.

Glad you agree :)

4.) I fail to see what you mean here. I think the graphics are easily up to date and the cutscenes for assassinations are fantastic and epic. If you wonder what will happen during the cutscenes animations of the attacks when someone fires on the enemy, then imagine the Spartans in Halo Wars while trying to board vehicles in a group of enemies.

The graphics may be up to date, but it looks like a cartoon, for god's sake. You shoot someone, and skulls pop out of their head. You have people flying around randomly in jetpacks. Though that may be fun gameplay-wise, you can't argue that it doesn't look like something out of a cartoon rather than a rated M game based upon visceral combat. For god's sake, even the fan fiction sounds more violent than this.

5.) HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Anyone who uses this as an argument is automatically asking for a sign to be nailed into their chests saying "I'M CHEAP AS HELL AND THINK BUNGIE'S ONLY INTENTIONS WITH HALO IS TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT ANY OPINION FROM THEIR COMMUNITY LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL!!!11!1!!!!" Anyone who says this is a lunatic who is trying to find something wrong with the game to justify themselves on a subject people can only be skeptical about to begin with. Bungie cares greatly about their community, which is why they show us videos and screens and words from their ALPHAS and allow us to participate in their BETAS. I guarantee you that if Bungie didn't let you play the Beta, you'd still buy the game regardless. This is Bungie's last official Halo title, so seriously think about exactly which side of the money you talking about. They will make the game good and I honestly think it's going to be the best multiplayer in any Halo game thus far.

I'm sorry, I had to read this paragraph three times, just to suppress the "lol i r kewl kid on teh interwebz cuz i r can argue with insults." What I got out of this, is that Bungie isn't cheap, just because they release a beta out to everyone. That may be true, but note that the beta only comes with every legitimate purchase of Halo 3: ODST. You may not think much of that fact, and neither do I, but you can't argue that giving out "free" betas is generous.

Because expert developers of an award winning and fan-loved series supposedly have no idea what they're doing in comparison to a kid who says half of their crap is completely illegitimate.

Game developers cannot rate their own game, just as you cannot rate your own work, for the fact of bias. Whatever you make doesn't look extremely terribad in your own eyes, BECAUSE you spent hours and hours working on it. Though others may not see it so, you specifically can't easily find things wrong with it. I like how you call me "a kid who says half their crap is completely illegitimate." Nowhere have I stated that I believed their stuff is illegitimate. Though I may not like it, that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge the time and effort that went into this game.

Jesse

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:35 PM    Msg. 30 of 159       
Epic post is epic.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:41 PM    Msg. 31 of 159       
Before anyone posts back, read:
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
First off, you're arguing over my opinion for a game. No matter what you say, you cannot undermine the fact that an opinion is an opinion.

Tman344

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlbinoKnightt

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:54 PM    Msg. 32 of 159       
Well, looks like they've offically managed to Ruin their own games again xD Halo 2 and 1 were the ONLY good ones.

Jesse

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:02 PM    Msg. 33 of 159       
I thought halo 3 was ok.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:06 PM    Msg. 34 of 159       
Halo 1 was the best in my honest opinion. Halo was so new and everything, then h2 was like, oh look, we found another ring, let's do the same thing we did in halo 1 but with duel wielding. And H3's campaign was meh. Seemed like they focused too much on mp, forge, and theater and the campaign suffered for that. ODST had an ok campaign, I expected it to be a little more exciting though. Firefight was fun for a while, but it's basically like, standing at one choke point, camping, and waiting for enemies. And don't even get me started on Halo Wars :x

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:20 PM    Msg. 35 of 159       
halo 1 was best, story/campaignwise. you are shot down and stranded on a unknown large artificial habitat, learning about the people that built it as you go, and making great discoveries.

the others dont have the mystery and excitment. except halo wars, imo. that is a little bit mysterious.

Page 1 of 5 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 18, 2019 12:28 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website