A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Reach Multiplayer First Look

Page 2 of 5 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo Reach Multiplayer First Look (159 messages, Page 2 of 5)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 01:26 AM    Msg. 36 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Before anyone posts back, read:
First off, you're arguing over my opinion for a game. No matter what you say, you cannot undermine the fact that an opinion is an opinion.
That fact that it is an opinion makes it eminently arguable. It is through the strength of unemotional and logical presentation of counter arguments that make for free and open discussion and many times lead to better understanding.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 01:35 AM    Msg. 37 of 159       
I disagree with Gamma, as I prefer games for their feel and functionality and replayability over graphics.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 01:41 AM    Msg. 38 of 159       
My belief is that the majority of you are stupid and I am glad none of you are going to be making this game. Innovation comes from thinking outside the existing box, which is what Halo is famous for, even when the game turns out to be terrible (H2).

ESG SLAYER

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 11:49 AM    Msg. 39 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
My belief is that the majority of you are stupid and I am glad none of you are going to be making this game. Innovation comes from thinking outside the existing box, which is what Halo is famous for, even when the game turns out to be terrible (H2).

My belief is that you're terrible at Halo 3, as seen by this example of me steaking you.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1575433667&player=CH4MP10N 573V3N

Stick to CE kid.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 12:16 PM    Msg. 40 of 159       
Oh no you beat me at a video game... whatever will I do?

and FYI, I don't even have CE anymore sooooooo

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 01:40 PM    Msg. 41 of 159       
Lmao, it makes me laugh how people say they are ruining the game. Because most of the reasons people are saying that is because there is NEW stuff in it which makes it different than the origional Halo games.

Imo, so far, this is by far the best Halo game. From what I can see in the videos. As it is looking a bit more realistic instead of plowing someone full of lead for half an hour you actually have to use some skill.

I bet in bungie just let your drive pelicans and longswords with nukes then everyone would be like, "OMG AMAZING GAME!!1!!!1!".

Although I would LOVE to fly a Pelican. Oh nozzz, something new! What are we going to dozz??/??

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 02:34 PM    Msg. 42 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xel

Haha, nice own xDD

Yeah Masterz....you tell us you don't care about the game, but why the HECK do you have more than 3k EXP? xD

Since when did I say I don't care about halo 3?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 02:45 PM    Msg. 43 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Lmao, it makes me laugh how people say they are ruining the game. Because most of the reasons people are saying that is because there is NEW stuff in it which makes it different than the origional Halo games.

Imo, so far, this is by far the best Halo game. From what I can see in the videos. As it is looking a bit more realistic instead of plowing someone full of lead for half an hour you actually have to use some skill.

I bet in bungie just let your drive pelicans and longswords with nukes then everyone would be like, "OMG AMAZING GAME!!1!!!1!".

Although I would LOVE to fly a Pelican. Oh nozzz, something new! What are we going to dozz??/??

what the hell.
are you retarded or something.
Halo : Reach might not be the worst halo yet, but its obviously lost the entire origional feeling Halo had.

halo 1 was the best. it has this classic feel to it, and becuase of it being the first one the storyline is really good.

So far Halo reach looks pretty goddamn meh. we already know the story bungie, read " The Fall of Reach", a book based of your own game. We don't need it told again. the weapons look stupid so far, and the statement "reach is isolated in further development" is the most stupid saying i've heard ever. if its really stuck in that, why didnt the POA have all those new halo weapons when it fled. its not cannon at all. and to be honest they are ruining the franchise by coming out with all these stupid new side games to it.

i'd rather see them make an entirely new game/story etc, becuase there all capable of it, they just need :effort:

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 03:02 PM    Msg. 44 of 159       
I'm liking everything but the new player perks. I hated the equipment in Halo 3 and I'm happy they got rid of that but they now added these which makes me cry.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 03:18 PM    Msg. 45 of 159       
Well, IMO it looks like the best Halo game. None of you like COD I am guessing?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 03:27 PM    Msg. 46 of 159       

I love COD.

But when you mix Halo with COD, it seems very un-Halo.

Ninjadude

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 04:44 PM    Msg. 47 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

I love COD.

But when you mix Halo with COD, it seems very un-Halo.

And vice versa.

Corvette19

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 05:40 PM    Msg. 48 of 159       
I think Halo Reach looks awesome.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 05:40 PM    Msg. 49 of 159       
Looks like I like Steak with Fish :P

Corvette19

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 05:51 PM    Msg. 50 of 159       
I wonder what they're going to do with that Halo PC CD key thing they said they were gonna do.. Maybe something for Halo: Reach?? :O

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 06:21 PM    Msg. 51 of 159       
that gave me an idea, i thought it would be awesome for them to recreate halo 1 with halo 3 grahics, and make it a free dlc only if you have the halo pc cd code. thats never happening, but it sounds cool

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 06:51 PM    Msg. 52 of 159       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95PeZ0qsLY
animations at 0:27 i see sprinting :D
im really hoping the gameplay isnt just rehashed halo 3 with nothing but brs, snipers, shotguns, and ars.

also do i need a disk in the tray to play the beta? my disk tray on my 360 wont read disks, but everything else works fine

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 09:33 PM    Msg. 53 of 159       
umad? lol, didn't know you cared enough to argue back. First off, you're arguing over my opinion for a game. No matter what you say, you cannot undermine the fact that an opinion is an opinion. But of course, you probably don't care about that, and want to argue anyway. Fine. So be it.

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
1.) You're basing your game experience off of graphics and design of a WEAPON MODEL. I honestly think the weapons look awesome, not just in appearance but in terms of gameplay. In all respects it is in improvement more than what you consider a butchering. Your adjectives are too strong and it makes you look like your opinion is amateur (by that I mean like a troll because no, the sniper isn't the only decent looking weapon.

What appeals to one person may not appeal to another. The point of my sentence was to point out that I dislike the new design for most of the weapons. For example, why the hell did they add iron sights to a plasma pistol? Why did they jack up the display for the assault rifle, making it appear obtrusive and ugly? And of course, gameplay is what you're arguing for. Did you notice how fast the pistol fired in the multiplayer reveal video? What about that giant plasma thingy that shoots rapidly and dischages explosive plasma blobs? Your definition of "gameplay balance" is far different than mine.

2.)Wait wait wait, you're saying that because there are other weapons in the game that it automatically is a mockery? That's pitiful and closed minded. This is a time before the events of Halo (which exclude most of the weapons we know of now) and Reach featured MULTIPLE fleets of the Covenant with different characteristics, while Halo only featured one. There is plenty of room for new weapons. I'm actually glad Multiplayer removed the BR, redesigned a new med-long ranged weapon, redesigned the AR, added some better Covenant weapons, and added some different interfaces to UNSC weaponry.

The new spartan laser looks like they added a heartbeat sensor to it, adding to the meh assault rifle, and the needle rifle, which looks like they fattened up the carbine, and jabbed needles into it.
My sentence was supposed to be supporting the previous sentence, that they managed to butcher graphical portion of the weapons. However, you decided to call me "closed minded" and "pitiful", when you couldn't link the two sentences together. You may be glad that they removed the BR, but I may have liked the BR. Does that instantly make you wrong, and your statement a target for me to write a 500+ word essay against just to undermine your point? Opinions are opinions, and I cannot begin to stress that fact.

3.) I agree with you completely. I've been waiting for Invasion for quite a while, at least since Halo 2.

Glad you agree :)

4.) I fail to see what you mean here. I think the graphics are easily up to date and the cutscenes for assassinations are fantastic and epic. If you wonder what will happen during the cutscenes animations of the attacks when someone fires on the enemy, then imagine the Spartans in Halo Wars while trying to board vehicles in a group of enemies.

The graphics may be up to date, but it looks like a cartoon, for god's sake. You shoot someone, and skulls pop out of their head. You have people flying around randomly in jetpacks. Though that may be fun gameplay-wise, you can't argue that it doesn't look like something out of a cartoon rather than a rated M game based upon visceral combat. For god's sake, even the fan fiction sounds more violent than this.

5.) HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Anyone who uses this as an argument is automatically asking for a sign to be nailed into their chests saying "I'M CHEAP AS HELL AND THINK BUNGIE'S ONLY INTENTIONS WITH HALO IS TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT ANY OPINION FROM THEIR COMMUNITY LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL!!!11!1!!!!" Anyone who says this is a lunatic who is trying to find something wrong with the game to justify themselves on a subject people can only be skeptical about to begin with. Bungie cares greatly about their community, which is why they show us videos and screens and words from their ALPHAS and allow us to participate in their BETAS. I guarantee you that if Bungie didn't let you play the Beta, you'd still buy the game regardless. This is Bungie's last official Halo title, so seriously think about exactly which side of the money you talking about. They will make the game good and I honestly think it's going to be the best multiplayer in any Halo game thus far.

I'm sorry, I had to read this paragraph three times, just to suppress the "lol i r kewl kid on teh interwebz cuz i r can argue with insults." What I got out of this, is that Bungie isn't cheap, just because they release a beta out to everyone. That may be true, but note that the beta only comes with every legitimate purchase of Halo 3: ODST. You may not think much of that fact, and neither do I, but you can't argue that giving out "free" betas is generous.

Because expert developers of an award winning and fan-loved series supposedly have no idea what they're doing in comparison to a kid who says half of their crap is completely illegitimate.

Game developers cannot rate their own game, just as you cannot rate your own work, for the fact of bias. Whatever you make doesn't look extremely terribad in your own eyes, BECAUSE you spent hours and hours working on it. Though others may not see it so, you specifically can't easily find things wrong with it. I like how you call me "a kid who says half their crap is completely illegitimate." Nowhere have I stated that I believed their stuff is illegitimate. Though I may not like it, that doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge the time and effort that went into this game.

Okay I see what you mean now. I thought you were simply trying to trash and basically came out to say the game sucked because you disagreed with some designs. But the argument was fun and I was in the mood. Unowutimeenrite?

The reason why I went on this tangent was because I found that the critique was too harsh and relatively just a way to start an argument, if you know what I mean. I honestly play Halo for the comical and often hilarious encounters and carnage that ensues. It's really what defines Halo, an environment where nothing is completely serious unless YOU YOURSELF make it so. I mean, c'mon, watching 15 fiery skulls pop out of a suited tinman's head is slightly cartoonish, but it's the crazy stuff that I honestly think make Halo worth playing.

And I wasn't trying to look cool, I was trying to prove my own point.

FluFFy

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 11:42 AM    Msg. 54 of 159       
I Like the Idea of pre-game loadouts, Making your own will be pretty fun, and this way you wont start out with a normal weapon that can do much against spawn killers.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 11:45 AM    Msg. 55 of 159       
So far Halo reach looks pretty goddamn meh. we already know the story bungie, read " The Fall of Reach", a book based of your own game.
You uh...you know that almost nothing in that book is going to be in this game, right?...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 11:57 AM    Msg. 56 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
So far Halo reach looks pretty goddamn meh. we already know the story bungie, read " The Fall of Reach", a book based of your own game.
You uh...you know that almost nothing in that book is going to be in this game, right?...

The game revolves around the fall of reach from another perspective, its not like we dont know the overall story already though. Its a stupid idea, and half the crap they've put into the game isn't canon. There just milking the game. I like bungie, I like there engine, and I like Halo, but seriously, what the hell are they thinking.

Geo

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 12:32 PM    Msg. 57 of 159       
I love how the armor and weapons are starting to take on the worn out, war torn look. Halo 3's armor looked like polished plastic. At least they didn't overshine everything this time round

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 03:47 PM    Msg. 58 of 159       
but seriously, what the hell are they thinking.
That their kids want their parents to buy them stuff like video games... . But seriously, the built in audience for the Halo franchise is well worth designing a new game. There isn't a bank or venture capital firm that wouldn’t invest in a business model like that.

Corvette19

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 04:03 PM    Msg. 59 of 159       
It would be SICK if they gave us like Mark V armor if we put in our CD key.. It'd be SICK!!

Roflcopter

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 06:55 PM    Msg. 60 of 159       
It's not even related to Halo in any way anymore :d

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 06:58 PM    Msg. 61 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

The game revolves around the fall of reach from another perspective, its not like we dont know the overall story already though. Its a stupid idea, and half the crap they've put into the game isn't canon. There just milking the game. I like bungie, I like there engine, and I like Halo, but seriously, what the hell are they thinking.

Well crap, what is with you and Gamma that cause you both to hate Reach so much? It's not the fact that you don't like it, it's just that you're calling terrible when you haven't even played it. I don't understand what's so bad about playing the Fall of Reach and I don't understand why having Armor Abilities is a bad thing. Frankly, I thought Halo1 was boring after the first few times to be quite honest.

I honestly want you to explain to me in terms of gameplay why the game will be horrible. If you can't figure a DECENT COMPILATION OF REASONS, then don't respond. Oh and without personal experience of playing the game, don't say the game feels, looks, or is bad. Now try and prove that the game is going to suck.

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:18 PM    Msg. 62 of 159       
Jet packs and guns...

Reminds me of this old game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes:_Vengeance

catinthemafia

the worlds hatred creates the next kkk

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:49 PM    Msg. 63 of 159       

Reach is turning out meh in my opinion. They managed to butcher even the plasma pistol, and the only decent looking weapon seems to be the sniper rifle. Everything else looks to be like a mockup (needle-rifle, DMR, etc). The new gametypes seem to be rather intriguing, but I must agree with L0d3x, that the game seems to be much more cartoon-ish, and also with Jesse, who said that it looks like they're just making it for money (Yes, Bungie ruining their own game).
Edited by Gamma927 on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Reminds me of borderlands.

Etrusion

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 10:08 PM    Msg. 64 of 159       
Reminds me of Red Fraction Gorilla :P

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 10:13 PM    Msg. 65 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: catinthemafia

Reach is turning out meh in my opinion. They managed to butcher even the plasma pistol, and the only decent looking weapon seems to be the sniper rifle. Everything else looks to be like a mockup (needle-rifle, DMR, etc). The new gametypes seem to be rather intriguing, but I must agree with L0d3x, that the game seems to be much more cartoon-ish, and also with Jesse, who said that it looks like they're just making it for money (Yes, Bungie ruining their own game).
Edited by Gamma927 on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Reminds me of borderlands.

Borderlands is fun but it doesn't have explosive get in to cover firefights with bullets flying around dogfights above and explosions and exploding vehicles all around

come to think of it halo doesn't have that either, only games that have that which I can think of are mw2, gears2, and bfbc2

borderlands is alot more cartoony and I don't see how it's cartoony it looks almost as realistic as mw2's graphics

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 10:57 PM    Msg. 66 of 159       
It's not the GRAPHICS that make it cartoony. You should only rarely judge a game by its graphics. I'm talking about its gameplay. For god's sake, you have jetpacks that let you fly around.

Eden

I am your sword.

Posted: Mar 6, 2010 11:39 PM    Msg. 67 of 159       
This isn't the first time we've seen jetpacks. In Halo 2 you fight two jetpack Heretic elites, and in Halo 3 you fight jet pack Brutes. And I would say the jetpacks in Halo Reach isn't about pressing a button and flying wherever. I would imagine it's similar to the Grav Lift equipment from Halo 3. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action, because right now, we have no idea how the jetpack works.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:10 AM    Msg. 68 of 159       
Quote: --- Original message by: Eden
This isn't the first time we've seen jetpacks. In Halo 2 you fight two jetpack Heretic elites, and in Halo 3 you fight jet pack Brutes. And I would say the jetpacks in Halo Reach isn't about pressing a button and flying wherever. I would imagine it's similar to the Grav Lift equipment from Halo 3. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action, because right now, we have no idea how the jetpack works.

I wouldn't think it would be an equipment because a jet pack wouldn't normally destroy itself. Sure we have seen the Jet Pack before but that was only for AI. It's going to change game play a lot. Not only will you have to worry about a newb in camo running around with a rocket launcher, now you'll have to worry about a newb in camo FLYING around with a rocket launcher. Chances are it will be a vehicle. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a Armour add-on unless it has a recharge like sprinting in COD.

Eden

I am your sword.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:15 AM    Msg. 69 of 159       
As I said before, I'm reserving judgement till beta day. There are many ways the jetpack could be implented in the game, and focusing on one theory and bashing it isn't going to help anyone.

DEEhunter

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:14 AM    Msg. 70 of 159       
Hey guys is halo 2 out yet? I heard it's the best but people say it is just a copy of halo 1.

Page 2 of 5 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 11:56 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website