A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »-TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"-

Page 4 of 23 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 23 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- (777 messages, Page 4 of 23)
Moderators: Dennis

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 12:58 PM    Msg. 106 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Classic dropships, just like almost the entire tagset is classic.
Thus pelicans and spirits.

will they just have one gun? or will they be like that modified classic dropship with five shade turrets?

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 01:00 AM    Msg. 107 of 777       
higuy *boxy* should post tha new bipedzorz in this thread too cos i likes higher poly detiled version of old crap.
BUMP

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 04:01 PM    Msg. 108 of 777       
New update!

We have a teaser video for you all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqaomsxv3Sw

The song used is the video is "Old stuff". If you didn't recognize it by now, it's played shortly during the level 343 Guilty Spark.

And some new pictures!

For now thats all we have to really talk about, enjoy the new media!

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:09 PM    Msg. 109 of 777       
I get a beta because I commented first!

The Ai encounters need work. I'm not convinced the Covenant are there for any reason at all. You made the area look okay with scenery and the placing of the AI is alright, but I'm not convinced the Covenant have any purpose to be there at Lumoria. More reinforcement of Covenant at the Bridge area would make it more believing.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:18 PM    Msg. 110 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

The Ai encounters need work. I'm not convinced the Covenant are there for any reason at all. You made the area look okay with scenery and the placing of the AI is alright, but I'm not convinced the Covenant have any purpose to be there at Lumoria. More reinforcement of Covenant at the Bridge area would make it more believing.

If you knew how the level played out and what purpose of Lumoria was, you'd know why the Covenant are there. The encounters don't need work, there fun as hell.

inkscape13

http://evil-minds-creations.deviantart.com/

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:22 PM    Msg. 111 of 777       
lol would love to play that & see what it actually comes out to.

Quote: Gaiz i feel generous atm. So imma give you something i made specially for you to use on your huds when in betas.

You put it into a HUD element and yeh. do asyou wish with it. Love Shade(117 pro). <3
Edited by Shade117 pro on Apr 9, 2010 at 06:16 AM

Lol i think i can do better than that but it can be a competition of which one he rather use. xD

Shall we?
Edited by inkscape13 on Apr 30, 2010 at 05:24 PM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:37 PM    Msg. 112 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

If you knew how the level played out and what purpose of Lumoria was, you'd know why the Covenant are there. The encounters don't need work, there fun as hell.

Well if you'd let me beta it, I wouldn't have to go by observations now would I?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:42 PM    Msg. 113 of 777       

Well if you'd let me beta it, I wouldn't have to go by observations now would I?

Why would I let you beta it? I don't let people that ask me beta it, I come to them.

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 114 of 777       

Why would I let you beta it? I don't let people that ask me beta it, I come to them.

thats why we dont like you.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 05:56 PM    Msg. 115 of 777       

Now whoever said I asked you if I could beta it? >:P

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 06:01 PM    Msg. 116 of 777       

Now whoever said I asked you if I could beta it? >:P

thats why we like you

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 06:27 PM    Msg. 117 of 777       
I like this :D

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 118 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

i like you :)

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 119 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: inkscape13

lol would love to play that & see what it actually comes out to.

Quote: Gaiz i feel generous atm. So imma give you something i made specially for you to use on your huds when in betas.

You put it into a HUD element and yeh. do asyou wish with it. Love Shade(117 pro). <3
Edited by Shade117 pro on Apr 9, 2010 at 06:16 AM

Lol i think i can do better than that but it can be a competition of which one he rather use. xD

Shall we?
Edited by inkscape13 on Apr 30, 2010 at 05:24 PM

i dont get what you are trying to prove, Ask people im familiar with. Im better than you, Your statement is obsolete.

Also, Its a hud element you douche, Nothing more, If its to be "better" it will be unnecessary.
I can do better, But when you have limitations, you cant do much. The limit was.
Black and white, Not too complex, simple.
Edited by Shade117 pro on Apr 30, 2010 at 07:14 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 09:17 PM    Msg. 120 of 777       
Nice teasers guys, i am looking forward to seeing this final.

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 121 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Dark

I like me

you like me?

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:33 PM    Msg. 122 of 777       

I like me

you like me?

I like Teaser

i like pie

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:34 PM    Msg. 123 of 777       
Hey, stop effing with the thread of a rare, nice project OK?

Thanks.

Dark

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:35 PM    Msg. 124 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Hey, stop effing with the thread of a rare, nice project OK?

Thanks.

your welcome

Jesse

Posted: May 1, 2010 01:59 AM    Msg. 125 of 777       
Normally i would ask for a beta copy, but this seems like it's worth the wait.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 1, 2010 09:21 AM    Msg. 126 of 777       
Glad you all like it

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 09:22 AM    Msg. 127 of 777       
Glad you all like it

you know what i like... this project.

DarkHalo003

Posted: May 1, 2010 12:31 PM    Msg. 128 of 777       

The Ai encounters need work. I'm not convinced the Covenant are there for any reason at all.

Okay, let's take one step back here.

The most you saw from each scene is about 3 seconds long. This means you could not have seen any of the dynamic flow of the ai encounters, at all.

You also don't know the story, hence you have absolutely no idea why the covenant would be on Lumoria. You also have no idea what Lumoria is and where it is located.

So in the future, if you have no idea what you are talking about, and no arguments to back up your "feedback", do not post.

Well if the team would actually give any info on the bloody SP, then maybe I could make better assumptions. I personally thought the trailer was terrible because it shows almost nothing. It's about 20 seconds at the most of anything useful. How can I even give valid criticism if nothing has been shown? All I saw was a bunch of AI clumped in an area together. Nothing more. And a Wraith. Probably the only positive thing I've seen so far. The Bridge looks like it needs to be BUSIER because apparently the Covenant are there for a REASON.

DarkHalo003

Posted: May 1, 2010 01:57 PM    Msg. 129 of 777       
You need to stop posting "criticism" about the ai, you have no idea what a good encounter is made of, it's also a teaser, not a trailer. Teasers are there to raise awareness, not to show detailed encounters and such, since the player is supposed to experience them himself.

Regardless, if I had had any saying in the trailer (which I didn't, simply because I was unavailable), I'd have chosen different scenes.

Now, if you nave nothing better (as in, well thought out) to say about the encounters (which you don't), then stop posting (which you should).

All I heard was an accusation that I don't know what a good AI encounter is. I've improved a lot since my ODST SP fail. And I'm glad you clarified that it was a teaser. However, my comments over the bridge still stand.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 1, 2010 03:19 PM    Msg. 130 of 777       
the bridge encounter with the wraith is hard as hell

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 03:39 PM    Msg. 131 of 777       
And hell isn't soft.

hell is warm.

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 03:47 PM    Msg. 132 of 777       
I have an idea. Release it and then we will able to tell...

public beta plox

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 07:19 PM    Msg. 133 of 777       
If its short then a beta would either A. Ruin it or B. Make the final version not needed

stop spreading your lies

DarkHalo003

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:32 PM    Msg. 134 of 777       

You could see... 2 square meters of the bridge?
Dear hypothetical Jesus...

E: oh...the other bridge. I don't think, once again, that you're in a position to judge that encounter. If you really feel the bridge should be busier, simply because the Cov are there for a reason, then you haven't improved an awful lot.

Think of it this way: even if you were somewhere for a reason, you wouldn't place your troops in an easy-to-strike bridge, you'd place them in cover...
Edited by L0d3x on May 1, 2010 at 02:17 PM

Well no duh. That's why you add more to the Bridge with scenery and then add AI. Instead of a Wraith, why not make it a couple or so turrets with some Covy squads and Covy Shields? Do you even understand what I mean? Add a bit more to the mix and don't make it that one encounter where you have to kill a Wraith a common weapons. However because I haven't seen the entire area, I don't know how to be too precise. Can you please describe the entire encounter that makes the Wraith-encounter so difficult?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:36 PM    Msg. 135 of 777       
There's a turret overlooking the bridge, if I remember >>

And why would the covenant put lots of equipment on a slab of metal that sits above an extremely deep valley?

Jesse

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:40 PM    Msg. 136 of 777       
:logic:

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:45 PM    Msg. 137 of 777       
well gamma that's a very good question.
see the covies like to save fuel so instead of flying to the bottom of the what ever is under the ridge they put it on top of the bridge to save fuel then they blow up the bridge and it falls down to the bottom perfect plan you see.

DarkHalo003

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:47 PM    Msg. 138 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

And why would the covenant put lots of equipment on a slab of metal that sits above an extremely deep valley?

Its the Covenant. Since when did half of what they do make sense? They did this for Halo3's bridges and Halo1's bridges (random crap on bridges), but I mainly think that there should be more infantry by the wraith with some more solid cover, like Solid barriers or Storage Crates (crates are examples).

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:56 PM    Msg. 139 of 777       
Theres a river that flows underneath the bridge. The bridge enters the tunnels, the tunnels lead to a very important place. No duh its going to be a hard encounter. You get to driver a warthog across the bridge as well, theres ghosts as well and infantry. Its a hard encounter but can be easily be beaten.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Its the Covenant. Since when did half of what they do make sense? They did this for Halo3's bridges and Halo1's bridges (random crap on bridges), but I mainly think that there should be more infantry by the wraith with some more solid cover, like Solid barriers or Storage Crates (crates are examples).

Seriously, stop assuming you know everything about an encounter that I took one screen shot of when half the encounter isn't there and the other half is killed. Don't criticize anything gameplay until you've actually played it yourself, becuase to be honest your just making yourself look like an idiot.
Edited by Higuy on May 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Dark

Posted: May 1, 2010 10:58 PM    Msg. 140 of 777       
so when they blow up the bridge and the supply cases fall they get carried to the covie bases were their needed.
BAM!

Page 4 of 23 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 23 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 22, 2020 1:00 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website