A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »-TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"-

Page 2 of 23 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 23 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- (777 messages, Page 2 of 23)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkHalo003
Joined: Mar 10, 2008

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 08:21 AM    Msg. 36 of 777       
Higuy, get on xfire.


Ninjadude
Joined: Jun 22, 2008


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 03:12 PM    Msg. 37 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ninjadude
<3


AlwinRoth
Joined: Jan 4, 2008


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 07:06 PM    Msg. 38 of 777       
Finally something that will be released....


Delicon20
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Still here. Still loves bacon


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 07:17 PM    Msg. 39 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
A simple link to the HUD would have sufficed.
And this project will use the Classic weapon set and thus also, the classic HUD.
This was decided from the véry start of the project, after an intense discussion...baby turtles died from the carnage that ensued


but that's A LOT like the classic hud, just better and with only 4 health bars so I don't see your reasoning :/


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 6, 2010 07:31 PM    Msg. 40 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
A simple link to the HUD would have sufficed.
And this project will use the Classic weapon set and thus also, the classic HUD.
This was decided from the véry start of the project, after an intense discussion...baby turtles died from the carnage that ensued


but that's A LOT like the classic hud, just better and with only 4 health bars so I don't see your reasoning :/

Were not using it.


Joshflighter
Joined: May 23, 2009

Former CMT Team Co-Leader


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 10:42 AM    Msg. 41 of 777       
I want more eye-candy. :(


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 01:03 PM    Msg. 42 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
I am really liking the look of the first couple of pictures. (Campaign).

You can use some of my models if you need. http://martynleeball.blogspot.com

Why would they want to use those?

TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY


Edited by SFloyd on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM


hi we use default weapons for the best experience ~~~~


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 02:01 PM    Msg. 43 of 777       
nu


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 02:28 PM    Msg. 44 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
I am really liking the look of the first couple of pictures. (Campaign).

You can use some of my models if you need. http://martynleeball.blogspot.com

Why would they want to use those?

TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY


Edited by SFloyd on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM


hi we use default weapons for the best experience ~~~~

Default is gay, overused, horrible looking and suck. Be creative. You are making Halo more generic than it needs to be.

If its suck, then whyd you get the game in the first place?


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 02:44 PM    Msg. 45 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
I am really liking the look of the first couple of pictures. (Campaign).

You can use some of my models if you need. http://martynleeball.blogspot.com

Why would they want to use those?

TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY
TOPOLOGY


Edited by SFloyd on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM


hi we use default weapons for the best experience ~~~~

Default is gay, overused, horrible looking and suck. Be creative. You are making Halo more generic than it needs to be.

Too bad that Halo 3 weapons are pretty everything you just said. Were not going to sit here and waste our time creating a crappy tagset that pretty much is horrible, when we have an entire already made tagset for us that is great.

Halo 3 was ok, but one of the things I really did hate about it was the weapons. Theres too many of them. Halo 1 has a easily balanced amount of weapons that are easy to work with. Bungie screwed up a ton of there multiplayer maps becuase of a unbalanced tagset.

And besides, how is default gay? You a scrub at Halo 1?


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 02:47 PM    Msg. 46 of 777       
default weapons are epic in some cases on maps. all maps that I have played of higuy's with them were fine.


UnevenElefant5
Joined: May 3, 2008

she/her this fag bashes back


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 02:56 PM    Msg. 47 of 777       
Using default is fine, but if you update the visuals a bit, it will make it 10x better. I like halo's tagset, but I get bored of the 2003 graphics. Even something as simple as a new texture and/or shaders can really make a difference. Or new plasma particles for example.


Dwood
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

Judge Ye Therefore


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 03:02 PM    Msg. 48 of 777       
Baby turtles are dying with each post in argument of the teams decisions. Please think of the turtles.


Hydrogen
Joined: Dec 6, 2009

Wort Wort Wort...


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 03:04 PM    Msg. 49 of 777       
um didnt halo come out in 2000 because 4 years later halo 2 was out


anonymous_2009
Joined: Jun 13, 2009


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 03:59 PM    Msg. 50 of 777       
Because you know something about modelling, ay Floyd? Lol.
Only reason you are saying that is because you saw someone else say it Lmfao. Dik.


Joshflighter
Joined: May 23, 2009

Former CMT Team Co-Leader


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:00 PM    Msg. 51 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Because you know something about modelling, ay Floyd? Lol.
Only reason you are saying that is because you saw someone else say it Lmfao. Dik.


It's actually pronounced:
Dickweed. ;)
Edited by Joshflighter on Mar 7, 2010 at 04:00 PM


Spartan_094
Joined: Jan 8, 2008


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:11 PM    Msg. 52 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Because you know something about modelling, ay Floyd? Lol.
Only reason you are saying that is because you saw someone else say it Lmfao. Dik.

hurrrrr
Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Because you know something about modelling, ay Floyd? Lol.
Only reason you are saying that is because you saw someone else say it Lmfao. Dik.


It's actually pronounced:
Dickweed. ;)
Edited by Joshflighter on Mar 7, 2010 at 04:00 PM

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR


Corvette19
Joined: Feb 27, 2007


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:16 PM    Msg. 53 of 777       
Owned. Just sayin.. xD


Spartan_094
Joined: Jan 8, 2008


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:21 PM    Msg. 54 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Owned. Just sayin.. xD

I agree, dis r aswomez post


anonymous_2009
Joined: Jun 13, 2009


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:45 PM    Msg. 55 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Because you know something about modelling, ay Floyd? Lol.
Only reason you are saying that is because you saw someone else say it Lmfao. Dik.

Actually I do know about modeling, I may not be the best but I know my stuff, do you? No. You don't even know how to perform subdivision modeling in a correct manner. All you do is extrude on your crappy remakes of screen shots you take from your Halo 3, then act like they are highpoly, accurate remakes, and then act like you put effort into them when actually its just showing how much of an uncreative wannabe artist you actually are. Oh you may say "OH WELL YOU MAKE HALO REMAKES DURR" Actually yes correct I did, but I dont make a portfolio out of them, and even at your current model's status you aren't even half complete on 75% of your pathetic excuses for models. You are an ignorant fool, don't come in here and say other people dont know how to model, you are the one who cant.
Lurk moar you stupid maggot.
umad?
Edited by SFloyd on Mar 7, 2010 at 04:22 PM


pfft, shows how much you know about me lmfao. I aint even going to respond to half of that shizen. I'm just going to sit here and laugh.


Joshflighter
Joined: May 23, 2009

Former CMT Team Co-Leader


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 04:54 PM    Msg. 56 of 777       
Floyd, it seems you started this. Like it or not, your both dicks/faggots/dickweeds and so on and so forth. So how bout you both leave this thread? I still want more eye-candy.


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:04 PM    Msg. 57 of 777       
If your going to argue, get out of my thread.


Corvette19
Joined: Feb 27, 2007


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:05 PM    Msg. 58 of 777       
That's awesome.
Candy for my eyes.


AlwinRoth
Joined: Jan 4, 2008


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:07 PM    Msg. 59 of 777       
Why aren't you guys muted or something?


Joshflighter
Joined: May 23, 2009

Former CMT Team Co-Leader


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 60 of 777       
CAN I STOKE YOUR EGO???? :(


also, higuy, how far are you guys on this?


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Mar 7, 2010 05:57 PM    Msg. 61 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joshflighter
CAN I STOKE YOUR EGO???? :(


also, higuy, how far are you guys on this?

so far we have 3 bsps completed. 1 of them is pretty small, the other dosent really play a significant role in gameplay but plays a large part in the story, and the one we've shown parts of is the other.
Edited by Higuy on Mar 7, 2010 at 05:57 PM


Nexus Halo
Joined: Feb 24, 2007

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 02:32 AM    Msg. 62 of 777       
I read that you guys are planning on using the default weapons tagset. I think you should make them a little more balanced by weaking the pistol just a bit. That thing is more effective than the sniper rifle.


Dwood
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

Judge Ye Therefore


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 11:25 AM    Msg. 63 of 777       
This is sp, why would it matter?


Wolf_
Joined: May 16, 2006


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 11:53 AM    Msg. 64 of 777       
Make it harder in legendary...... Problem solved


Dwood
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

Judge Ye Therefore


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 12:02 PM    Msg. 65 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
This is sp, why would it matter?


Because using only an overpowered weapon in a level is NOT what we want. Balance isn't just important in MP...
The algorithm (For the elites anyways) is designed such that it goes the opposite direction its target is turning, making that difficult. But yeah just limit the amt of ammo available in the map.


Joshflighter
Joined: May 23, 2009

Former CMT Team Co-Leader


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 05:24 PM    Msg. 66 of 777       
No. That is not enough. >:(
Show more! NOW... SPASM ATTACK.

No seriously, more. =3


il Duce Primo
Joined: Apr 22, 2007

CMT Team Leader


Posted: Mar 8, 2010 05:28 PM    Msg. 67 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I read that you guys are planning on using the default weapons tagset. I think you should make them a little more balanced by weaking the pistol just a bit. That thing is more effective than the sniper rifle.

The pistol pretty much works like the battle rifle. I don't see any issue in it or why people complain about it. It's balanced fine but maybe not visually balanced.


Shade117 pro
Joined: Jul 2, 2009

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps


Posted: Mar 10, 2010 04:45 AM    Msg. 68 of 777       
I EAT BABY TURTLES. THEY PRODUCED THE EYECANDY!!!
TM makes for the dead turtles they killed.
lol
jks
hah but nice progress so far, You guys are kewl :)


Marka Haiyana
Joined: Mar 24, 2009

w0rt


Posted: Mar 10, 2010 10:51 AM    Msg. 69 of 777       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I read that you guys are planning on using the default weapons tagset. I think you should make them a little more balanced by weaking the pistol just a bit. That thing is more effective than the sniper rifle.

The pistol pretty much works like the battle rifle. I don't see any issue in it or why people complain about it. It's balanced fine but maybe not visually balanced.


The pistol took 3 shots to kill. Battle rifle took four full bursts. The BR took probably twice as long to bring people's shields down, didn't spread when you fired it like the Pistol does, and the burst fire made it much easier to headshot no-shield targets.

They may be designed to be used at the same range, but saying they're nearly identical in terms of damage and how they work is anything but the truth.

If you do decide to use the Pistol from the default set, I'd say change the damage from 25 per shot to anywhere from 15 to 18.


007
Joined: Mar 4, 2010

FluFFy


Posted: Mar 10, 2010 09:15 PM    Msg. 70 of 777       
Looks Good, Are you Remodeling the Biped or keeping it as is? I Always love a new biped.

 
Page 2 of 23 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 23 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 PM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website