A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bungie copies off of CMT?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Bungie copies off of CMT? (53 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

pwner5889

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 09:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 53       
Look at it. Who was the first to come up with the idea of a silenced SMG? CMT came up with the idea of the silenced SMG. The silenced SMG was featured in ODST. Some of bungie's animations also look VERY similar to the ones done by CMT. Do you think that Bungie copies off of CMT?

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 09:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 53       
i always thought that the silenced smg was thought to be on H2, but didnt cut it.

pwner5889

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 09:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: sierra117
i always thought that the silenced smg was thought to be on H2, but didnt cut it.

I'm pretty sure that the silenced SMG was thought up by CMT.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 09:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889

Actually it was originally going to be in h2.

However, I can agree to an extent about this.

pwner5889

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 09:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Actually it was originally going to be in h2.

Oh, I always thought it was by CMT.

Hry

:)

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 53       
troll

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:38 PM    Msg. 7 of 53       
Techinaly no they didnt Copy it. CMT uploaded there tags. then they were Bungies.

DEEhunter

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:52 PM    Msg. 8 of 53       
IT was originally a part of h2. The art book even has it.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 53       
It's in the tags, but not the actual game. You can compile it into levels, it just doesn't appear in the default SP or MP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b0RyaJSOfY

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:31 PM    Msg. 10 of 53       
The silenced smg was from h2, the specop model was our idea. There's a fair amount of things i've noticed that we've had first that they then had, but I wouldn't be so sure to call it copying. We both did the same things, there's bound to be parallel evolutions in our content.

Spartan_094

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:36 PM    Msg. 11 of 53       
They still stalk us on this forumz.

Still thou I KNOW that some bungie member's still look at what the halo custom edition community is doing due to Penguins The Pit being showing up on Bungie.net and I think CMT too.
Edited by Spartan_094 on Mar 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 12:21 AM    Msg. 12 of 53       
Theres a silenced SMG for H2V, its in the example.map when you compile it.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 12:35 AM    Msg. 13 of 53       
I don't think it's really copying, CMT wasn't the first to come up with the idea of a surpressed gun.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 01:19 AM    Msg. 14 of 53       
Nah , dudes , CMT copied the idea of silencers for guns from whoever invented them.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 03:21 AM    Msg. 15 of 53       
H2 was going to have silenced SMGs but they were scrapped for some reason or another.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 11:15 AM    Msg. 16 of 53       
i herd u leik silencers/original

Arteen

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 02:12 PM    Msg. 17 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The silenced smg was from h2, the specop model was our idea. There's a fair amount of things i've noticed that we've had first that they then had, but I wouldn't be so sure to call it copying. We both did the same things, there's bound to be parallel evolutions in our content.

We had porta-turrets first, right?

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 02:18 PM    Msg. 18 of 53       
I still think there is or was a person from cmt working for bungie.........

you guys did first arteen.

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 02:23 PM    Msg. 19 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arteen

Halo 2 had the marines/grunts carrying turrets, and place them. But you couldnt destroy them and use em.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 03:16 PM    Msg. 20 of 53       

sorry, but no dice.

all of bungies ideas are based of bungies content, and ima guess cmts is based of cmts content, bungie doesnt have secret agents rifling through halo maps thread copying good ideas, if bungie makes a battle rifle with a grenade launcher or a modified halo one ghost that shoots blue needler projectiles (apparition) then we'll talk, k?

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 03:21 PM    Msg. 21 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

sorry, but no dice.

all of bungies ideas are based of bungies content, and ima guess cmts is based of cmts content, bungie doesnt have secret agents rifling through halo maps thread copying good ideas, if bungie makes a battle rifle with a grenade launcher or a modified halo one ghost that shoots blue needler projectiles (apparition) then we'll talk, k?

you mean bungies content is based off of bungies ideas.

Delicon20

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 03:42 PM    Msg. 22 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

sorry, but no dice.

you mean bungies content is based off of bungies ideas.

both, actually, it started with their ideas, then they made the content, but with the halo 3 assault rifle and reach rifle, I guess theyre pretty sure they thought they got the ar right in h3, so they based theyre reach ar off of halo 3 content, but they had the idea of what the ar should look like and be called and fight like so, yeah its a bit of both but ur mostly rite

Arteen

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 05:03 PM    Msg. 23 of 53       

sorry, but no dice.

By portable, I meant detachable. We had that implemented before Bungie showed it off for Halo 3. I never said that they stole our idea; we just happened to come up with the same idea as Bungie without just copying off of them.

Delicon20

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 05:30 PM    Msg. 24 of 53       

sorry, but no dice.

By portable, I meant detachable. We had that implemented before Bungie showed it off for Halo 3. I never said that they stole our idea; we just happened to come up with the same idea as Bungie without just copying off of them.

I didn't say that either

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 06:21 PM    Msg. 25 of 53       
Oh look, Bungie is copying because they come up with simular ideas... snap back to reality.

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 08:46 PM    Msg. 26 of 53       

sorry, but no dice.

and is this turret in any maps or vids???

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 09:32 PM    Msg. 27 of 53       
Do you think that Bungie copies off of CMT?
That is easy. NO.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 03:54 AM    Msg. 28 of 53       
I daresay Bungie copies off Infinity Ward though , they have a weapon which works and acts exactly like a Thumper from MW2.

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 06:12 AM    Msg. 29 of 53       
Because Infinity Ward TOTALLY invented grenade launchers /sarcasm
Edited by Bokito on Mar 29, 2010 at 06:12 AM

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 06:20 AM    Msg. 30 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
I daresay Bungie copies off Infinity Ward though , they have a weapon which works and acts exactly like a Thumper from MW2.

Maybe so, but Infinity Ward copies off of life, they have a weapon which IS the thumper.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 08:07 AM    Msg. 31 of 53       
BUNGIE COPIES OFF ADVANCEBO.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 09:20 AM    Msg. 32 of 53       
And they all copy off the army. Although the covenant were invented by Bungie, and the army are getting payback by copying off of them, so I guess Bungie is the most likely to be forgiven for copying. So go argue with some other company, that doesn't have a reason to be forgiven for copying.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:18 AM    Msg. 33 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine

When the first Halo came out, every other game developer started working to make shooters like/similar to Halo. Halo set standards for the FPS (as did Marathon back in 1994)

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 03:16 PM    Msg. 34 of 53       
I thought Doom did.

Arteen

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 04:20 PM    Msg. 35 of 53       
I didn't say that either

You implied that I said "they stole our idea", with the line "bungie doesnt have secret agents rifling through halo maps thread copying good ideas". I responded saying that not what I said. Like Masters said, we came up with the idea in parallel.

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
and is this turret in any maps or vids???

Does it matter? That said, we've had it since at least 2006, we've shown pictures of it, and it's not in any released maps because deploying it tends to splatter the player trying to use it.
2006 post with a picture (scroll down): http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=61099

All I'm trying to say is that CMT and Bungie both came up with the same idea, and I think that's neat.
Edited by Arteen on Mar 29, 2010 at 04:21 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 7:32 PM 329 ms.
A Halo Maps Website