A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Modding.

Author Topic: Halo Modding. (29 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Fairchild

"Your voice sounds like... sexy"

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 10:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 29       
Looking for a new hangout? Check out http://www.halomodding.com/

We've got so much to offer! From instant screenshots and map uploads to a super powerful respected community of halo gods that have been working with halo since 2001. Halomodding is the place to be to get help, maps, and more. Releasing a beta map for people to try out? Don't bother uploading to mediafire or rapidshare, upload to halomodding! Give it a title, description, and some screenshots and we will generate a download and a topic to go with it!

Tired of looking through sections and sections of boring pictures and text to try to find the map of your dreams? Check this out, http://www.halomodding.com/index.php?app=custompages&do=show&pageId=6

We have a large database full of over 3200 maps and programs for your halo needs! Along with over 200 tutorials to get you started on your way to becoming a halo king!

Have an urgent question and need help right away? Join our 24-7 teamspeak server and talk to an experienced halo professional! You can find our teamspeak info on the main page!

...and that's just the beginning! Feel free to stop by at anytime!

Thanks,
Halomodding Staff
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 10:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 29       
Oh cool.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 12:59 PM    Msg. 3 of 29       
EDIT: nvm
Edited by abkarch on Apr 4, 2010 at 01:00 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 29       
I almost cried at how sad this is. Better then Halomaps? Yeah right, your site dosen't even have a decent layout or color scheme for one. You have "halo gods" on your site? lol, I really doubt that. I know your e3po too. This is always tried and always sucks.

by the way, your post is spam since the entire thing is an advertisment to a crappy website.

Fairchild

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
I almost cried at how sad this is. Better then Halomaps? Yeah right, your site dosen't even have a decent layout or color scheme for one. You have "halo gods" on your site? lol, I really doubt that. I know your e3po too. This is always tried and always sucks.

by the way, your post is spam since the entire thing is an advertisment to a crappy website.

Our site is not ment to compete with Halomaps but a alternative to it since people do not like cue times and limited DL speeds. We also have one hell of a active community of people that will actually take their time to help you and not just point you to a tut and let you fend for yourself. Calling the website is crappy is just a cop-out to your own ignorance of how you think things should be and what you feel is best for people.
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 4, 2010 at 01:42 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 29       
Your sites been up for how long? Not much, so of course you'll have a active community for now. The website is crappy becuase of how you put it up. It's monochrome color scheme, crappy layout, etc. Maybe if the website looked decent enough, Id consider joining it. I don't feel like looking at crap website, even if it's "extremely good" like you say. Also awesome comment about Dennis. I'm sure he's going to love banning you for what, the 5th time? Sorry about your massive ego as well. Good day

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 01:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 29       
I'm quite confused due to how many different sub-forums there are.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 03:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 29       
all the downloads are the exact same as here. what is the point of that? im sorry but unless you get a bigger varity of downloads, im not gonna change from this site.
Edited by abkarch on Apr 5, 2010 at 03:42 PM

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 04:18 AM    Msg. 9 of 29       
Halo maps is just fine. I like your idea but the halo God thing should go. Also this doe's seem like spam.

Fairchild

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 01:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
all the downloads are the exact same as here. what is the point of that? im sorry but unless you get a bigger varity of downloads, im not gonna change from this site.
Edited by abkarch on Apr 5, 2010 at 03:42 PM

Cause Yahoo existed before Google and when google came out it gave people what they wanted, more speed, ease of use and better interface. Just like im comparing search engines we can do the same when comparing Halo sites. While we do offer the same thing, we dont force people to download one map at a time, throw in .txt. files spamming up where the download came from for try to force our site onto people like that. So you can stay here, its your wish and thats fine, the main point of the thread was letting people know there is another place they can go too. Simple as that.

Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder
Halo maps is just fine. I like your idea but the halo God thing should go. Also this doe's seem like spam.

The 'God' comment was in jest. Surely you could not have taken that seriously could you? I mean, when you read the OP didn't it come of like a commerical from the 1990's? One would think that was clear on the commical value of the OP. As far as this thread being spam related, if a group of people spend over a month in R&D trying to get feedback from people and site design then the massive ammount of content we have on site you would see that were not simply saying "CHECK OUT THIS YOUTUBE VID!!! ZOMG LOOOL!!!". No, we were being openly humorious about finally making our site public to those who cared while adding some satire into the OP. No one is forcing anyone or asking anyone to leave this site or any site they are apart of. It's more of letting people know we exist an what we can offer to the community.
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 6, 2010 at 01:38 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 04:58 PM    Msg. 11 of 29       
I have no problem with people opening Halo websites and advertizing them in the forum and normally wish them well. However E3PO I do have a problem with you that I have not made public. Until now.

You were asked to not visit this website again. You were asked to not visit several of my clients websites because of your self-centered need to artificially promote yourself at any cost. You have exploited flaws in this forum software several times for your own aggrandizement forcing me to shut it down for a week before I could take time away from my business to fix it. You have repeatedly attempted to bypass the one download at a time system, a system that keeps it fair for everyone, using proxies. You have consistently spoofed the voting system using proxies to make it look as if your files have higher ratings and you nearly got sued by one of my clients at http://www.lameorgame.com when you attempted to spoof their voting system the same way you spoofed the Halo Maps and PC Gameshots websites. You have also published hacked software that phones home and then in a fit of anger remotely disabled it on everyone forcing me to remove it from the archive.

Your actions have shown that you are completely without regard to anyone but yourself and still you continue to return here after being asked to leave. I don’t care about a competing website but people should know that anything you are involved in cannot be trusted or is only for as long as it suits your own current desires because you have already show numerous times that you are untrustworthy and only out for yourself.

Now leave.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 10:23 PM    Msg. 12 of 29       
You know what I think about most Halo websites?

They're all RIP-OFFS of major ones. And this is no exception. I don't even bother trying to compete because maybe a few members will join, but it all dies down eventually. I have like 5 forums that I tried advertising and all of them sank down at some point. So yeah, I actually know what I'm talking about.

A few don't rip-off, such as Modacity and ModHalo (and of course Halomaps). But yours offers what I'd expect most rip-offs to have, and that is the same default ocntent that we all get so sick and tired of seeing. There is some variety here, and Modacity and ModHalo are not just restricted to only Halo.

Point being is that unless you get a site going with an ACTIVE community, asking people to join would just clutter space on the forum. I mean really now, who wants to have discussions with like a few members? A better solution to that? Xfire or IM.

And for the love of originality, HALOMODDING.COM? Really? That's so original, I know. It's names like this that really just say "Halo Modding dot com? It must be about Halo Modding! I never would have guessed!" It'd be nice to have some originality in your name, because it sounds like you took halomods.com and extended mods to modding.

By the way, I like the fact you use pirated IP Board software. We all know that when you hover over the Powered by the IP.Board thing at the bottom it should link us to InvisionPower's website. Yours doesn't. I've tried before, so yes, I'm not just BSing.

[/rant]

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 10:34 PM    Msg. 13 of 29       
So your saying Halomaps.org isn't a original name, because it can be reasonably inferred that it HAS to do something with Halo and its wonderful assortment of maps, right?

Also, you know once you have the software (in this case the forum) you can edit all the files...right? Thats how mods are added to a forum, like vBulletin, in order to have rep, you need to edit it in to the forums main files. He could of just removed the link to remove space.

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 10:53 PM    Msg. 14 of 29       
Wow Dennis, id ip ban an entire city if anyone threatened my biz or my clients.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 06:49 AM    Msg. 15 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Codebrain
Also, you know once you have the software (in this case the forum) you can edit all the files...right? Thats how mods are added to a forum, like vBulletin, in order to have rep, you need to edit it in to the forums main files. He could of just removed the link to remove space.

Removing the link is illegal. I've tried before I even came anywhere near Halomaps and that didn't work well at all.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 10:10 AM    Msg. 16 of 29       
Thats a day brightner Dennis. Very nice,

zsdg06

Steam - zsdg07 | Xfire - zsdg06

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 06:45 PM    Msg. 17 of 29       
Hi everyone. Haven't posted here for ages... but E3pO was talking to me over xfire and thought you all should see this..

Quote:
[18:33] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: i was only advertising it, because pepsi didn't have an account.
[18:33] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: And all the responses are from pepsi, not myself, and if dennis looks at the logs it will be from my ip (teamviewer ftw)
[18:33] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: I only posted the original post.
[18:33] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: OP
[18:34] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: OH
[18:34] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: The people that created how mod halo looks?
[18:34] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: The creators of halomodding.com.
[18:34] [»ШМ«]E3pOISON: So, whoever was comparing modhalo to halomodding? LOLZ at them.

Corvette19

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 07:04 PM    Msg. 18 of 29       
It's still gay.
When Halomaps dies, HCE dies, so I'm staying here until it dies.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 01:08 PM    Msg. 19 of 29       
amen

xebec

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 08:57 PM    Msg. 20 of 29       
Yep halo ce is only alive because of this site. All the other sites that were big have shut there doors like halomods.com and Gearbox forum. I cant believe this site is still open after all the years. Its amazing halomaps.org is still putting out great maps for people to download. Your site sucks I checked it out lame, Halomaps is like a rich person with a nice house halomodding is like a scrub on the street bagging for money.

DEEhunter

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 11:14 PM    Msg. 21 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: xebec
Yep halo ce is only alive because of this site. All the other sites that were big have shut there doors like halomods.com and Gearbox forum. I cant believe this site is still open after all the years. Its amazing halomaps.org is still putting out great maps for people to download. Your site sucks I checked it out lame, Halomaps is like a rich person with a nice house halomodding is like a scrub on the street bagging for money.

you're a tard

The site is fine, and there is more to it that is exclusive compared to this site IMO. Community is managed nicely and the site is not dedicated to ONLY halo ce. It shared both the halo PC and CE community. As well as a few others.

etc etc opinion fest.
I like the site. You guys need to stop your betching and moaning. The site is fine. Got any bad opinions of it? Don't even bother.
etc etcetc

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 11:38 PM    Msg. 22 of 29       
Its amazing halomaps.org is still putting out great maps for people to download.

still putting out great maps for people to download.

putting out great maps

great maps

lol

In all honesty, the quality of maps coming out of halomaps recently has been low. Sure there's the occasional gem every couple months, but other than that, most are BG mods, box maps, etc. (This week was an exception though, Place 01, St Caverns, and Training Ground Zero were all pretty good) I know everyone has to come up the learning curve, and that new people are constantly joining and learning how to map, but still, there's hardly anything worth playing.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 08:05 AM    Msg. 23 of 29       
I keep hearing that everyone hates the box maps yet not one of you know where to find a good tutorial on plane moddeling much less share your excperience. Is it a national secret? Where is a good tutorial on making a plane map? the fps bannana Beretta tutorial is ok but very undefined and most would not know how to apply that knowledge to a map. Now, any of you got a great tutorial for those needing to learn how to make a map with a plane? I googled and studied the tutorials I could find on moddeling with a plane, getting pretty good too but still no tutoruals on making a map from a plane.
Make a tutorial someone.
Totally no disrespect to anyone here. I think the forums, people are great we just need more tutorials. I would make some but I don't have hypercam application or equevelant. I know that trial software can be super blurry.
Edited by xsnoder on Apr 11, 2010 at 08:36 AM

shadowce9

Learning Halo CE Scripting.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 09:10 AM    Msg. 24 of 29       

I keep hearing that everyone hates the box maps yet not one of you know where to find a good tutorial on plane moddeling much less share your excperience. Is it a national secret? Where is a good tutorial on making a plane map? the fps bannana Beretta tutorial is ok but very undefined and most would not know how to apply that knowledge to a map. Now, any of you got a great tutorial for those needing to learn how to make a map with a plane? I googled and studied the tutorials I could find on moddeling with a plane, getting pretty good too but still no tutoruals on making a map from a plane.
Make a tutorial someone.
Totally no disrespect to anyone here. I think the forums, people are great we just need more tutorials. I would make some but I don't have hypercam application or equevelant. I know that trial software can be super blurry.

I completely agree with this guy. We seriously need more tutorials, and maybe people won't have to go through the trouble of constantly posting here for help.

xebec

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:04 AM    Msg. 25 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: shadowce9

Make a tutorial someone.

I completely agree with this guy. We seriously need more tutorials, and maybe people won't have to go through the trouble of constantly posting here for help.

Well What I do for my terrain is use zbrush. I could probly get the energy to make a tutorial. Displacement maps and zbrush will do most of the work then you will have to fine tune it with max.

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:06 AM    Msg. 26 of 29       

Make a tutorial someone.

Except no one wants to hold your hand as you make a map.
It's something you have to learn and practice.
Nobody can tell you what to make; only you can.
And that is why we have so many box modeling tutorials and little plane modeling tutorials.
Box maps are straightforward and simple.
Plane modeling is more custom.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:29 AM    Msg. 27 of 29       
I think any tutorials in map modeling (no matter how basic) with a plane would generate a great start for anyone. Any other tutorials that people can come up with would be great as well:] I am looking into purchasing hypercam, unless someone knows of something better. I am not familiar with that stuff at all, minus, using the trial a few times so my knowledge is limited. I think if I got use to it I could put a couple together. Finding specific tutorials on limited subjects is kinda hard to come up with. I believe in working hard to learn but there are tutorials for endless box maps everywhere but non, (that I can find) for a plane? Yes, while it is a bit more in depth, errors are way fewer and the application is alot more user friendly. Learning the basics with a plane and learning how to apply blue prints ect... is fairly simple, but making the map is,, somewhat different.
After a month of practice I finally made a plane map with minimum errors, thank God lol, but still I took this tutorial to get started.
http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsmax-tutorials/modeling-a-dolphin-part-1.html
I like the last few mapos that have come out as well "uneven" and see alot of new talent, good mappers are here ready to blossom. Or what have you. Peace all

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:30 AM    Msg. 28 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
I have no problem with people opening Halo websites and advertizing them in the forum and normally wish them well. However E3PO I do have a problem with you that I have not made public. Until now.

You were asked to not visit this website again. You were asked to not visit several of my clients websites because of your self-centered need to artificially promote yourself at any cost. You have exploited flaws in this forum software several times for your own aggrandizement forcing me to shut it down for a week before I could take time away from my business to fix it. You have repeatedly attempted to bypass the one download at a time system, a system that keeps it fair for everyone, using proxies. You have consistently spoofed the voting system using proxies to make it look as if your files have higher ratings and you nearly got sued by one of my clients at http://www.lameorgame.com when you attempted to spoof their voting system the same way you spoofed the Halo Maps and PC Gameshots websites. You have also published hacked software that phones home and then in a fit of anger remotely disabled it on everyone forcing me to remove it from the archive.

Your actions have shown that you are completely without regard to anyone but yourself and still you continue to return here after being asked to leave. I don’t care about a competing website but people should know that anything you are involved in cannot be trusted or is only for as long as it suits your own current desires because you have already show numerous times that you are untrustworthy and only out for yourself.

Now leave.
*cough*subnet ban*cough*

xebec

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 11:47 AM    Msg. 29 of 29       
Does anyone have zbrush and have a interest in learning terrain modeling using zbrush?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 8:47 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website