A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »map missing or invalid

Author Topic: map missing or invalid (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

JAC101

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 12:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi,

I seem to be getting a number of maps that I have wanted to try out erroring out with map missing or invalid when i load the playlist. What seems to be the trick to get them to work?

Thx

JAC

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 02:00 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: JAC101
Hi,

I seem to be getting a number of maps that I have wanted to try out erroring out with map missing or invalid when i load the playlist. What seems to be the trick to get them to work?

Thx

JAC

Where do I put the maps I downloaded?
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=422

JAC101

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 07:34 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Actually, I know where the maps go, it is just some work and some don't for some reason. It is also on a server so the path where they go is actually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 Dedicated Server\Custom Maps. (default)

When i load the .hpl file i get....

Playlist loaded.

Warnings:
line 159: Map missing or invalid. ("Triplicate")
line 196: Map missing or invalid. ("Danger Canyon 2")
line 216: Map missing or invalid. ("Sandtrap")
line 236: Map missing or invalid. ("Cyclotron")

Ok. going to answer my own question. It would seem that the name of the map and the name in game are sometimes different. In the above example Danger Canyon 2 is in the playlist but it actually needs just Danger Canyon even though the name of the file is dangercanyon2.

Sometimes it is necessary to reboot the server or restart the service in order for the maps to load.
Edited by JAC101 on May 1, 2010 at 09:53 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:05 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website