A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »the grid in 3ds

Author Topic: the grid in 3ds (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

abkarch

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 09:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
you know how there is a grid while 3D modeling? is it OK if the map im modeling does over the end of the grid?

also what in cordinates is the size of an average map? (say, bloodgulch?)

thx!

shadowce9

Learning Halo CE Scripting.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 10:38 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
It's perfectly fine if it does go over the edge. Heck, I hide the grid by pressing G so it doesn't distract me. I'm not sure of bloodgulch's size, but you can import it into 3ds max by following directions after downloading this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2029

Use that to convert and import bloodgulch into 3ds max to find out the size. Bloodgulch is bigger than the grid btw. So I think you should just hide the grid and continue with your work. (Hide it with the "G" key)

xebec

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
You want your map way bigger then the grid. The grid is about a wide as Master chief. Merge the tutorial.max file that came with heck and click on master chief. That will give you the side of MC and you can model your map around him.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 06:58 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
crap. so if my course is 10000x10000, its the size of MC? lol im using C4D but i figured the grid was the same pretty much

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 9:43 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website