A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Multiplayer instance problem

Author Topic: Multiplayer instance problem (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Wolf_Kerensky

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 10:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hello again,

I have a new problem. This time it is with a multiplayer map, gephyrophobian_firefight. My friend and I love to play firefight on ODST, so I thought that I'd DL this map so we could play on our comps together. So I make a server and he joins. We can see each other, no problem; however, we cannot see the same AI's. We can shoot the AI's we cannot see, and can be killed by the AI's we cannot see, but the problem is that we cannot see the same enemy. Sometimes I see them, sometime he sees them; never at the same time. I'm not sure what would cause this except perhaps a syncing problem with the game and AI. What do y'all think?

Also; while I'm here I have a minor problem seeing chat; my friend can see chat messages, but I cannot. Any helping me there?

shadowce9

Learning Halo CE Scripting.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 10:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
AIs do not sync online. No matter what anybody says, AI do NOT sync online. Only the Host has good connections with AI. As for the chat issue, tell him to run the msxmlenu file in the redist folder of his halo ce directory and install it.
Edited by shadowce9 on Apr 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Wolf_Kerensky

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 11:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
So there is no possible way to sync AI? Even if we play over a LAN?

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 02:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
nope.
Halo's multiplayer netcode doesn't have the ability to sync AI, so even on LAN you also can't have syncing AI.
Nothing short of an engine change would make any difference.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 11, 2019 6:48 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website