A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »A10 making marines disappear

Author Topic: A10 making marines disappear (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Daemon

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 10:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey, so I'm currently working on a machinima that takes place on the Pillar of Autumn. And a few scenes require me to have shots of the cutscenes without the marine actors in them (ie, the Chief emerging from cryo).

I found a command that removes the actors (AI_erase_all or something like that), and it worked for that scene. I got the AI guy out of the shot and everything worked.

But the command's pretty on again/off again. I'll try it during other sequences and it won't work. Like I tried to enter it at the end of the level so it could be just the chief in the escape pod, and it wouldn't work.

I know it works in cutscenes because I did it earlier, and I know you can edit the marines in that last cutscene because people like CMT have done it before.

So what I'm asking is if there are any other commands or methods for removing AI from environments.

And if that isn't possible, could someone make a custom version of just that last cutscene on A10 with all the marine actors removed (and maybe the plasma bolts as well)?

I know I just asked a lot but I'd be really grateful if someone told me what I needed to do.

Glitcherguy

I should really put a clever quote here...

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 03:01 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
your problem is that you're trying to remove bipeds with an Ai_remove command. What you need is a command that removes bipeds/objects. You could do that in sapien if you're familiar with that.

Daemon

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 08:57 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
I've never used any of the map tools before. Guess now's as good a time as any to get started.

Would I follow the steps described in the link below to make the changes for the campaign maps or do the campaigns require a different method?

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=412

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 10:54 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website