A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »co op maps

Author Topic: co op maps (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

xbl

What are you looking at?

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 09:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 15       
hi, what r some good co op maps for halo ce that have high skilled ai's and nice level features? please make sure that the map can be played with other players online fighting ai's etc. thanks

abkarch

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 15       
they dont exist, if i have read correctly. it is impossible to sync ai over multiplayer.

Old Gregg

I love Hardcore Corn.

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 10:10 PM    Msg. 3 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
they dont exist, if i have read correctly. it is impossible to sync ai over multiplayer.

Nope, someone found a way but theirs a glitch of random spawning bipeds around the encounter spots or soemthing like that.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 10:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
There's still a side effect of the AI still not being synced.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 01:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Old Gregg
Nope, someone found a way but theirs a glitch of random spawning bipeds around the encounter spots or soemthing like that.

That 'way' didn't do anything. It changed nothing.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 15       
AI will never sync. not with open sauce or anything we can do right now.

We would need the source code, but its officialy lost. no one has it.

pwner5889

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:44 PM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117

*cough*decompile*cough*

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:46 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
Check the top 100 list, and also look for Truth and Recon...it works pretty well, and doesn't leave dummy bipeds all around.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 09:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 15       
it still dosnt sync.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 01:09 AM    Msg. 10 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117

*cough*decompile*cough*

It's not that simple. It's not like you can just right click the haloce.exe and click 'Decompile'
Also, barely anyone in the community knows how to program anyway.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 01:49 AM    Msg. 11 of 15       
I agree with beetlejuice0924 and UnevenElephant.

There may be a few machine code patterns that are impossible to decompile automatically. These would therefore require expert human intervention to decompile successfully. There are features such as the original comments, variable names and function names that can never be recovered, although very powerful analyses may be able to suggest good (perhaps even better than the original, in some cases) alternatives,since correct decompilations can be generated (even if usually less readable that the original) without recovering the original comments or names.

So basically its possible but not likely.

Our team is working on the section of the source code that controls shader work.The only reason it possible for me is because Im friends with a pc god who owns there own pc business and is also a graphics designer,and he,s partner who's a beast at coding,there motivation is they work on various projects when there high. Sadly.
Edited by DarkLord0912 on Apr 21, 2010 at 01:53 AM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 04:51 AM    Msg. 12 of 15       
Maybe in a few years someone will get the source code without any errors and we can all have a nice day.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 04:39 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
Here is the problem with obtaining the source code for Halo CE. You can't. Not only that but you can't modify it and re-distribute it even if by some major miracle you did obtain it in some form. Microsoft holds the copyrights to the Halo 1 & 2 PC games and a) Microsoft does not release any commercial software into the public domain especially not one of its most profitable game assets, b) if you reverse engineered the product you would be in violation of their copyrights and I can guarantee you that they would take legal action especially if you tried to re-distribute it and c) re-witting the game engine to incorporate the facility to process, send and receive data about AI, device machines and animated scenery is no small task to say the least.

Halo 1/CE is a Commercial Microsoft product and it is against their policy to release the source code into the public domain. Obtaining it or modifying it is not going to happen.

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 08:18 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       
There are orphaned programs floating around out there that can be downloaded from sites, however, I don't think Halo will end up orphaned at anytime, at least in the near future. Just about everytime I go to a Gamestop, EB Games, or even Wallyworld, I'll still find Halo CE still on the shelf. For a 2003 game, its obviously still making a little money for MS, and they would crush anyone they catch cracking their source code.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 12:12 AM    Msg. 15 of 15       
and thats where we die. cause M$ dosnt suport halo 1 pc any more. so basicaly in short terms

Were officially Screwed

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 16, 2019 8:31 PM 968 ms.
A Halo Maps Website