A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Request

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Request (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Baconator

K hes a ballgeniun

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 04:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Will some one, anyone, Please make a co-operative campaign for halo custom edition. Its possible and i believe in you guys. Please make one for me and i bet most every one else will love u forever for it.

Thanks,
Bacon

abkarch

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 04:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 38       
omg. please search before you post. AI CANNOT BE SYNCED OVER MULTIPLAYER. PERIOD.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 05:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 38       
Wow! I don't think people have actually said that ever besides Dennis.
This forum should just have a sticky thread for this. There are so many people that keep asking this or about syncing AI in general.
BTW, I don't think very many people at all make a search of the threads before posting, and I don't think many people will in the future.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 06:24 PM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Baconator
Its possible

No it's not.

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 06:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Wow! I don't think people have actually said that ever besides Dennis.
This forum should just have a sticky thread for this. There are so many people that keep asking this or about syncing AI in general.
BTW, I don't think very many people at all make a search of the threads before posting, and I don't think many people will in the future.
I think this is a good idea, if dennis explained why this isn't possible and sticky it, I bet it would help inform a lot of people.

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 06:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Its possible

No it's not.

lol pwnd

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 06:50 PM    Msg. 7 of 38       
Barely anyone reads the stickies though (except the WIP threads), we still get people that join, then post like 2 minutes later, "lol how does i make a maps???"

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 07:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 38       
Barely anyone reads the stickies though (except the WIP threads), we still get people that join, then post like 2 minutes later, "lol how does i make a maps???"

So true, oh so very very true.

eliteslasher

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 07:22 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       

*sigh* You're probably right. It gets very much annoying though. I wonder if Dennis could have some kind of update to the site that makes it so when you try making a thread with certain keywords in the title (such as "how do I make a map) it would take you directly to the page that explains how to do so instead of posting the topic.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 07:56 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
probably doable using javascript if-then statements.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:00 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
It's only possible if you have an AI coop partner that follows you around everywhere. Other than that, though, it is completely impossible with the Halo CE engine.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:02 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
Arbiter, FTW.

eliteslasher

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 08:54 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
completely impossible

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 09:08 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       
it is if the engine was left the same. but possible if we could fix the engine.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 10:14 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       
editable source, lolwut? not for halo but for another game by bungie using a similiar system?
http://source.bungie.org/index.php/Main_Page

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 11:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
like i said the source wont be released for halo. since its lost.

Baconator

K hes a ballgeniun

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 01:23 AM    Msg. 17 of 38       
cant u just stop being so lazy and build ur own replica an put in ur own ai? and yeah i read all of that. but its still possible. but the possible part of it isn't allowed to be talked about here cause of the rules. all u ppl give up too easy. and if u dont like the attitude u aint got yur head screwed on right. n yea im a country boy none of yall have to post about my mispellin and improper gramar cause i dont give a rats behind.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 03:37 AM    Msg. 18 of 38       
cant u just stop being so lazy and build ur own replica an put in ur own ai? and yeah i read all of that. but its still possible. but the possible part of it isn't allowed to be talked about here cause of the rules. all u ppl give up too easy. and if u dont like the attitude u aint got yur head screwed on right. n yea im a country boy none of yall have to post about my mispellin and improper gramar cause i dont give a rats behind.
What are you talking about? There is no rule preventing anyone from discussing AI in maps.

The problem here is that you seem to think that AI will sync over the network when they absolutely will not. There is no internal code within the Halo CE game to process and send or receive the status, health or position of AI, Device machines or animated scenery between client and server. Anyone who says they have gotten AI to sync in the Halo Custom Edition game is mistaken because the game will not support it. It was never designed to support it and no map anyone will ever make will be able to support it.
but its still possible.
It is not. Even logic tells you it is not. It took Bungie two more revisions of the game engine, Halo 2 then Halo 3, to make AI sync in a co-op mode so why can you possible think that version 1 can when version 2 cant. AI do not and will not sync in the Halo Custom Edition game.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 04:49 AM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Bacon , we do give up to eaisly , you're right , the whole community has failed you , because we couldn't do it. We now ask for your assistance , in a time of need , may you bring glory and honour to the CE community by making the impossible possible.
Go with god , comrade , you will make AI sync.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 07:11 AM    Msg. 20 of 38       

lol i love how some little noob comes along and tries to yell and criticize the same very people who have made and are making maps he could never dream of making.

Glitcherguy

I should really put a clever quote here...

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 06:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 38       
Come on guys let's make our own halo :D

eliteslasher

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 06:08 PM    Msg. 22 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Glitcherguy

And to stay away from copyright infringement, we can call it "Big Friggin Ring of Death"
Edited by eliteslasher on Apr 21, 2010 at 06:08 PM

Glitcherguy

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 06:12 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: Glitcherguy

And to stay away from copyright infringement, we can call it "Big Friggin Ring of Death"
Edited by eliteslasher on Apr 21, 2010 at 06:08 PM

Haha, made me laugh :P But yeah good idea! :D

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 07:10 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
The effort involved is just too great, may as well make a halo mod for warcraft 3.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 07:33 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       
cant u just stop being so lazy and build ur own replica an put in ur own ai?

Do it yourself then. It's easy to say "OH YEAH WE CAN DO IT" when you mean "we" as in "everyone do what I say while I direct you".

but its still possible.

No.

but the possible part of it isn't allowed to be talked about here cause of the rules.

Ok I honestly have no idea what this means.

all u ppl give up too easy.

See first response.

and if u dont like the attitude u aint got yur head screwed on right.

So if we don't like your attitude something is wrong with us, but you can come on and criticize our attitude but nothing is wrong with you?

n yea im a country boy

Wow, thanks for pointing that out, I'm sure glad you did, because I would have never guessed it if you hadn't.

i dont give a rats behind.

And you are so much cooler for it too.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Apr 21, 2010 at 07:34 PM

abkarch

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 08:01 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
owned by elephant. in fact, that post was so epic that this should be /threaded.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 12:18 AM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Bacon aint no Redneck. hes one of those town ppl who think wow my town has 700 people in it i must be a hick.

sorry bro but im the Halo CE comunnitys one and only Redneck so GTFO OF MY HALO!

any way ai wont sync. the source is lost. oh and about making our own game engine.. LOL that will take about 2 years. and by that time halo pc will be dead. deader then dead. it will be raped murdered resurected for failed atempts. then molessted and then stabbed by a knife in da face!

Glitcherguy

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 12:46 AM    Msg. 28 of 38       
About that making our own halo. That was a joke :P The discussion wasn't going anywhere :P I know making our own game is crazy.

Baconator

K hes a ballgeniun

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 03:43 AM    Msg. 29 of 38       
XD i love you ppl

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 05:18 AM    Msg. 30 of 38       
Ok guys , ill be making SPv2 , you guys can do all the work , but remember , I was the one who said that you should , so you should all praise me.

abkarch

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 06:22 AM    Msg. 31 of 38       
we love you too baconator! your just some noob who calls other people noobs!

eliteslasher

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 10:23 AM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Ok guys , ill be making SPv2 , you guys can do all the work , but remember , I was the one who said that you should , so you should all praise me.

I do! I do! I bow before thine mighty hand which controleth thy mouse, with which thou shalt create wondrous maps to please mine senses.

XD

Baconator

K hes a ballgeniun

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 07:30 AM    Msg. 33 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
What are you talking about? There is no rule preventing anyone from discussing AI in maps.

i myself never spoke of syncing ai and the sync of ai does not stop u from making it possible to have two players in the same server on a map made from the halo campaign levels.

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Bacon aint no Redneck. hes one of those town ppl who think wow my town has 700 people in it i must be a hick.

sorry bro but im the Halo CE comunnitys one and only Redneck so GTFO OF MY HALO!

any way ai wont sync. the source is lost. oh and about making our own game engine.. LOL that will take about 2 years. and by that time halo pc will be dead. deader then dead. it will be raped murdered resurected for failed atempts. then molessted and then stabbed by a knife in da face!

ok so living on a farm in south ga with just woods and fields of grass surrounding me in a town that doesnt exist on the map isnt country. w/e u think.
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
we love you too baconator! your just some noob who calls other people noobs!

again some one here is assuming i said somthing. i never did. no where in all my text did i call anyone a noob.

Quote: --- Original message by: Shade117 pro
Its possible

No it's not.

lol pwnd

neither of u think outside the box. and shade your post is a waist of time and forum space.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 11:40 AM    Msg. 34 of 38       
neither of u think outside the box. and shade your post is a waist of time and forum space.
There is a difference between thinking outside the box and having a grasp on how things work and then extrapolating what is possible. You obviously dont fully understand how things work in the Halo CE game. You absolutely cannot make a map where the AI sync across the network because the game itself cannot and does not process, transmit or receive the position status or health of the AI.

It took two complete re-writes of the base code of the game before Bungie could offer multiplayer AI in campaign mode.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 06:47 PM    Msg. 35 of 38       

Believe me, I want AI to sync as much as the next guy, and I even participated in a test with Gamma a while back which was an attempt to get them to sync, but it failed. Numerous people have tried, and failed. If you want to follow in their foosteps then by all means go ahead. I understand where you're coming from, sometimes the community can be overly pessimistic with it's "Oh it can't ever be done, don't even try" attitude, but sometimes you just have to accept that some things are not possible. This game engine has severe limitations, you can't just click a magic button and make AI sync.

Halo's online play works something like this:
Player 1 moves
Game takes the data about player 1's movement, packages it up, and sends it over to player 2.
Player 2 sees Player 1 move on his screen.

Now, in an effort to optimize the amount of data being sent over the internet (to cause less lag) some things aren't sent across the connection. (animated scenery, device machine positions, vehicle/scenery health, AI) There are so many variables that would have to be sent across the connection that it would cause even more lag than there already is.

(position, health, shield vitality, aiming angle, looking angle, number of actors in an encounter, how often they will throw grenades, what firing positions are they currently using, what awareness level are they currently at, when was the last time an AI in the same encounter threw a grenade, what triggers a retreat for a certain encounter, how far is their looking distance, what is their accuracy with a certain weapon, how fast do they run, can they roll away from grenades, and if so, how often, and how far away will they roll, the list goes on and on).

That's the point of AI. It's intelligence. It decides for itself what it is going to do, so no 2 times will ever be the same. That's just the way it is. There is NOTHING you can do to change it.

So stop trying, you're making a fool of yourself.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 11:03 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website