A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Grunt Multiplayer Test (Not AI)

Author Topic: Grunt Multiplayer Test (Not AI) (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Alpha Series

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 08:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
This is the second test. I added a couple hires particles, and put them in some appropriate places. I changed a few other things, as well. I replaced the frag grenade (but not it's icon, yet), and I also added a secret weapon...

This is testing many things for when I start to make a series of single player maps, during the grunt rebellion. Although, I have some multiplayer-only tags to prevent desynchronized projectiles and non-credited kills. Since these aren't single player problems, I kept them for that. Please give suggestions as to what I should include. Also, I could use ideas for some grunt weapons. In multiplayer, they will be additional. In single player, they will replace the human weapons, being that this takes place before the human-covenant war... (I'm keeping the human things in multiplayer because multiplayer has no story.)

For other changes I've made, or more of a description, see my other thread.
It can be found here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=31529

Download: http://www.filefront.com/16320723/gruntisland.rar

I still need someone to, please, make this model: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090305185246/halo/images/6/61/Halo_Wars_Grunt.jpg

I will join any servers I find on this map to test some things. Please try to get as many people as possible in one server, to check for things such as effects overloads, and epicness.

Oh yeah, and the ghost now fires one cannon per trigger. Hold both mouse buttons to fire faster.

P.S. My xFire is my name.
Edited by Alpha Series on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Smmt

Posted: May 1, 2010 11:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Downloaded this one again, The grenade looks cool. For the tank, you should probably have the gun controlled only by the gunner. Otherwise the 2 second reload might result in a lot of spawn killing... Is the half life 2 AR the secret weapon?

Alpha Series

Posted: May 1, 2010 11:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
That is the old secret weapon. I tried to get the model, I ripped it, but again, I can't export...
I also don't want to see if anyone else has it because I prefer not to use anyone else's work, because most people don't try hard enough to meet my expectations... My prime example would be the only carbine tag on the hce site... Sounds full of static, single color non-mapped ammo display which doesn't work, and can't work... I just don't want to deal with such things.

Anyways... The new secret weapon you need to find. It's fairly well hidden.
HINT: It looks like a plasma rifle. NOTE: It is NOT a scarab gun...

Also, good point on the tank. I still want to test it with a lot of players. The tank in halo 2 only takes two seconds to reload, so I set it to that. I could lower the blast radius since I increased the accuracy to mimic halo 3...

Oh, yeah... Everything will be tweaked once I play the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta.
Edited by Alpha Series on May 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Hry

:)

Posted: May 2, 2010 12:51 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
pics?

Alpha Series

Posted: May 2, 2010 01:38 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
If A: I had enough players to get a good pic, and B: There was really a reason to make a picture (considering it's still death island, just testing all the things I'm changing, adding, etc...) then I would give you pictures...

You play as a grunt. That's pretty fun... I gave grunts stamina, like ODSTs from H3: ODST... Theres a new grenade. If you wish to see these, please download and test. It's not a release... It's for testing. It's for feedback, so I can tweak things. Much like the multiplayer betas bungie does, except I don't have the trackers they have for death locations and weapon usage stats...

There are a LOT of things that need to be tested with atleast four players. I'd prefer 10 for a screenshot. I need to make sure things sync up, kills are credited for everything, get general information on how balanced the weapons are, etc. Seeking tweaks need to be tested, as well as third person FX... And I need 10 to 16 players to make sure the particle systems don't overload!
Edited by Alpha Series on May 2, 2010 at 01:42 AM

Bulgarian

T-bagging n00bs since 2007

Posted: May 2, 2010 06:41 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alpha Series

This is the second test. I added a couple hires particles, and put them in some appropriate places. I changed a few other things, as well. I replaced the frag grenade (but not it's icon, yet), and I also added a secret weapon...

This is testing many things for when I start to make a series of single player maps, during the grunt rebellion. Although, I have some multiplayer-only tags to prevent desynchronized projectiles and non-credited kills. Since these aren't single player problems, I kept them for that. Please give suggestions as to what I should include. Also, I could use ideas for some grunt weapons. In multiplayer, they will be additional. In single player, they will replace the human weapons, being that this takes place before the human-covenant war... (I'm keeping the human things in multiplayer because multiplayer has no story.)

For other changes I've made, or more of a description, see my other thread.
It can be found here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=31529

Download: http://www.filefront.com/16320723/gruntisland.rar

I still need someone to, please, make this model: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090305185246/halo/images/6/61/Halo_Wars_Grunt.jpg

I will join any servers I find on this map to test some things. Please try to get as many people as possible in one server, to check for things such as effects overloads, and epicness.

Oh yeah, and the ghost now fires one cannon per trigger. Hold both mouse buttons to fire faster.

P.S. My xFire is my name.
Edited by Alpha Series on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM

The only things that bugged me are that The Fuel Rod gun overcharges even if you shoot once.The Banshe`s secondary weapon(green thing) takes 7 seconds to reload.
Still cant find the secret weapon.

Alpha Series

Posted: May 2, 2010 10:04 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
The "overcharge" is not to be considered overheating... I made it more powerful, and from third person it looks like you are charging up, like a hunter... One round per second...
The banshee's fuel rod takes so long to recharge because A: It's almost a guaranteed one hit kill, and B: The banshee is meant to be over 200... maybe over 300... years older... As it's built to be for the Grunt Rebellion... Which happened a very, very long time before the human covenant war started...

This requires a decent knowledge of halo's story to understand.

If you want to find the secret weapon, add me to xFire and I will show you it. It takes a good ghost-vehicle jump, or a good banshee pilot to find.

Zenzarxus

Posted: May 8, 2010 04:32 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Great map overall, I like the HUD but the radar needs to be less transparent. Also, please change the first person hands to a grunt's, like in The Mummy 7.

Alpha Series

Posted: May 8, 2010 10:46 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
I needed grunt hands. I don't want to use other people's tags, but if they are well done, or can be changed to such a state, I may... Who do I credit?

Also, I stayed with the default transparency of the radar... I'm PROBABLY going to remove it completely, but maybe I could just... grunt-ify it...

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 8, 2010 11:22 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
get mummy 7 and thank Adolif for the Grunt hands. even though im not sure he made em.

Alpha Series

Posted: May 8, 2010 11:42 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
I just tested the hands, and also the map afterwards. As before, I am not a big fan of other people's work. They have no enthusiasm or seriousness... No urge to do it right or accurately...
The map was, intentionally, not meant to be serious... I understand that. But I want slightly higher detail hands than the ones straight from the grunt, since it's for first person. And I'm not using the weird animations from mummy 7, but without those the plasma pistol is held wrong...

I can deal with the low poly, but how do I change the animations (export the current ones, modify, and import my own) ?

Once I get all the content for my plans, and I balance everything through tests and logic, I will need concepts for the home world of the Grunts, http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Balaho. They have the tech level of 19-20th century humans... But a unique design to their architecture. Lots of mudflats and water. Methane atmosphere, so a more greenish tint than our skies. If anyone is very creative and would like to help me with that, please feel free. You will get credit.

Sorry but this message keeps getting longer...
There are "naturally occurring pillars of fire" on the planet, as well as alien forests (be creative). Plasma would be a much more naturally occurring feature of the skies (similar to northern/southern lights)
Edited by Alpha Series on May 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Zenzarxus

Posted: May 31, 2010 11:18 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Okay, I'm guessing this map is dead.
Edited by Zenzarxus on Jun 4, 2010 at 07:15 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 31, 2020 2:45 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website