A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need help with sapien and HEK+

Author Topic: Need help with sapien and HEK+ (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Undernet10

I make PHAIL maps. Xfire: Undernet10

Posted: May 9, 2010 06:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I can't make a map (for example blood gulch) that doesn't have disappearing custom weapons and custom vehicles. I also have a few questions about using the 3 tools in HEK (Sapien, HEK+, Tool.exe).

1. How do i first extract maps using HEK+? I did some wrong to mess up my bloodgulch

2. How do i fix my "blood gulch problem"? http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=31687

3. What command do i use when using tool.exe? (I did Shift+ Right click and Open Command Window Here and tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch)

4. How do i make the .map file, so it will not overide my original bloodgulch with custom weapons?

I am very new at making maps, editing maps, modding maps, so i really do need help with HEK since it's very confusing (at first).
Edited by Undernet10 on May 9, 2010 at 06:15 AM

abkarch

Posted: May 9, 2010 08:03 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
4.) you have to give the .scenario a name DIFFERENT than bloodgulch. than compile, otherwise your "stock" bloodgulch will be overwritten.

others will have to help you with the rest.

Nametaker40

Posted: May 9, 2010 10:59 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
1.) Open up the map you want to extract in HEK+. Open levels>test>mapname (in your case, bloodgulch.) Add the .scenario file to the extraction queue. Click the check mark next to it in the scenario. This will tell HEK+ to extract the scenario, and any files it needs to run, or any files associated with it.

2.) For multiplayer maps, use .itemcollection tags. Weapon tags are for single player only. For the vehicles, the game only lets you have the 6 vehicles in your globals.globals tag, unless you script them in. To add your custom vehicles, just delete a vehicle in your globals tag and replace it with the vehicle you want.

3.) If you do use the shift right click way (I didn't even know about it until now..) make sure you do it in your Halo CE folder, not anywhere else. Just do tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch and it should work.

4.) In sapien, go to file>save as and save it with a different name. This changes the tool command though, so do tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\scenario name.

Undernet10

Posted: May 9, 2010 09:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I can't get the stock bloodgulch, even though i've reinstall Halo custom edition. In fact, i don't even have the Halo Editing Kit anymore, so that means the tags are gone, but it still uses the map... Edit: It works now since i deleted something in my appdata.
Edited by Undernet10 on May 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 9, 2010 10:06 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Undernet10

I can't get the stock bloodgulch, even though i've reinstall Halo custom edition.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4773

Edited by Dennis on May 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Undernet10

Posted: May 10, 2010 04:53 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Another question: How do i make a itemcollection out of weapon tag i got from the weapons tag on halomaps.org? (I got MA5D_GL)
Edited by Undernet10 on May 10, 2010 at 05:57 AM

Nametaker40

Posted: May 10, 2010 03:38 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
In guerilla go to file>new>Item Collection. Add your weapon and make the weight 100. Save and done.

Undernet10

Posted: May 11, 2010 03:28 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
That didn't work for this... http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=979 I went to guerilla, file>new>item collection got the br in the ... added it as a weapon and made the weight to 100. I got a error in the tool.exe when trying to make a .map with the battle rifle.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 7:27 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website