A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »need help with "war ahead" map

Author Topic: need help with "war ahead" map (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: May 13, 2010 09:32 AM    Msg. 1 of 14       
when i made this map, i didnt expected a handful of errors that happened with the enemies and weapons:

cant change color of enemies correctly, they just stay at the normal color

weapons and projectiles dont change their color correctly, no matter how hard i try

the AI wont act correctly, they stick to the spot when they are attacking me instead of advancing and some even ignore me when i attack them

the AI fuel rod wont shoot out the needles

please help me fix the bugs..

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: May 13, 2010 10:13 AM    Msg. 2 of 14       
If they are custom bipeds you need to make them a multipurpose bitmap. And in the shader put the change colour source to C. Err nm I think thats for MP, open up a shader from an elite or something, put the change colour source ot that, then in either the actor or actor varient tag you can change their thing of what colour they change too. Sorry havn't done this particular thing in a few years, cant remember 100% accurately.

Explain what your doing colouring weapons and crap.

You need to play firing positions for the AI. and well your at it, might as well get an AI tutorial somewhere.

Edit, and what did you do to the weapon tag, did you change the projectile edit it, edit it and add it to the map.

Seems like you just used HEK+ to get tags so you didn't get to know HEK from learning how to make your own stuff. Which has alsp caused someone who is not really capapable to try and start making map.s
Edited by malolo420 on May 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM

black doom

Posted: May 13, 2010 11:40 AM    Msg. 3 of 14       
il try to place firing positions when i have time.. also for the weapons i scanned the projectile files and changed everything about the projectile color and the light it emits to another color. also i have lots of problems dealing with the map editors like open edges and odd surfaces and i cant seem to get rid of them. couldnt you just extract the file and edit it? for an expert like you it probably wont take more than 10 minutes

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: May 13, 2010 02:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Be sure to assign the appropriate team designation for the encounters, I.E. 0, 1 etc.

black doom

Posted: May 14, 2010 08:43 AM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Be sure to assign the appropriate team designation for the encounters, I.E. 0, 1 etc.

Be sure to read the question.

Nametaker40

Posted: May 14, 2010 03:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
some even ignore me when i attack them

He did.
Edited by Nametaker40 on May 14, 2010 at 03:18 PM

black doom

Posted: May 14, 2010 04:38 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nametaker40

He did.

get back on topic please.

GameCreat0r

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Posted: May 14, 2010 05:29 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nametaker40

He did.

get back on topic please.

He did :P

black doom

Posted: May 14, 2010 05:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
when i made this map, i didnt expected a handful of errors that happened with the enemies and weapons:

cant change color of enemies correctly, they just stay at the normal color

weapons and projectiles dont change their color correctly, no matter how hard i try

the AI wont act correctly, they stick to the spot when they are attacking me instead of advancing and some even ignore me when i attack them

the AI fuel rod wont shoot out the needles

please help me fix the bugs..

reposting because of spam.

i see some new idiots joined halomaps.

Mysterion

Posted: May 14, 2010 06:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Black doom:
My point is that you must designate the enemy encounter, say for instance elite needlers, to be the appropriate team index as listed under the encounter tab such as "1", so that they will want to kill you if you spawn as "0" team, and vice versa. In this case, your marine allies for instance, should be set to the same "team index" as you.

black doom

Posted: May 15, 2010 04:42 AM    Msg. 11 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Black doom:
My point is that you must designate the enemy encounter, say for instance elite needlers, to be the appropriate team index as listed under the encounter tab such as "1", so that they will want to kill you if you spawn as "0" team, and vice versa. In this case, your marine allies for instance, should be set to the same "team index" as you.

oh, sorry. i should of reworded it different..

when im close to them they act like normal, but when i go far enough from them they ignore me.

Mysterion

Posted: May 15, 2010 10:47 AM    Msg. 12 of 14       
Open the actor varient tag in guerilla, and about 1/4 the way down there is a section entitled "Ranged Combat" that includes desired combat range and also max firing distance. You might try adjusting some of these values to better suit your actors behavior during combat.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 15, 2010 10:58 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
In addition to what Mysterion said, in the actor tag, there's a field for specifying the maximum distance in which the actors can obtain targets.

black doom

Posted: May 16, 2010 08:39 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
thanks, but can someone help me with the other problems like AI and projectiles not changing colors and fuel rod not releasing needles?

EDIT: map link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4238

please remember thats from 1.5 years ago, so dont flame me. i trying to learn from my mistakes in my old maps.
Edited by black doom on May 16, 2010 at 08:48 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed July 24, 2019 3:52 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website