A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look]

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look] (47 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 16, 2010 09:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 47       
This is a thread move, due to a MAJOR revamp of Helipad Studios Developments' main station. My room.

Here are just a little taste of the new rig and setup I have been working on over the last few months. Hope you like it as much as I enjoy using it!

Custom stationary 6-point rotating magnifying glass, custom stationary 4-point rotating lamp, custom made 3-point pivoting visual display tablet, three 18-channel (1 mile w/ interferance) 2-way radios, concept development (see below for seat), standard mic (white), custom semi-stationary buffed mic (black), two custom Dell Latitude C610 w/ CD-RW/DVD (one for diagnostics, the other for digital programming), Dell Inspiron 1525 w/ 3 webcams (not seen, stationary), dual-desktop speakers, custom HS Performance 1.0 desktop w/ flat screen Dell monitor, standard laser Dell mouse, Vertical Drafting mouse, custom Logitech Ball-Pin Drafting mouse, custom keyboard (has new upper bar, blue), and an HP psc 950 Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier. If you look to the right, you see my newer Canon zr800 video camera.

My left overs from my new rig setup. (Cody, Its all plastic and broken stuff).

These are my cameras. The photo-cameras are standard, nothing special, except the blue digital camera has a custom screen and new zoom X1000 I installed. The 2 larger camcorders are Professional (with custom parts) TV cameras, they are generic, but work great, waiting to get new ones, these ones are a tad heavy, want the lighter ones that have a side pack for the memory.

A concept of a racing chair that I designed usingmy new rig, its build out of flex-metal I created, and the steel colored metal is from Meccano "Erector", the black rubber on the seat is a custom poly resin I developed, and the bottom plate is plate aluminum. All made in my room. Yeah, I have a rig for melting metal in my room, I run it off 3 soldering irons and an old skillet, it works pretty good, I use clay and sand for my molds.

We also have some new stuff to show you, such as a sneek peek into our newest truck:

(Modeled by Nate of Red Haze Productions).
(Concept by Je'an-Luc of Helipad Studios Dev.).

We will be bringing you more stuff at a better rate! (of course, over 80% of what you saw for that rig is for our Engineering Sector of HS Developments).

Hope you all get to enjoy the stuff we make, and the things we release!

Dark

Posted: May 16, 2010 10:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 47       
truck actually looks decent
alsi ill have what floyds having except with onion rings and onions

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 16, 2010 10:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: SFloyd
I'll take a Cheeseburger with no tomatoes, or onions, add some bacon please? Also, I would like some fries with that. That will be all thanks.

Haha

Quote: --- Original message by: Dark
truck actually looks decent
alsi ill have what floyds having except with onion rings and onions

Thank Nate for that, all I did was draw a rough concept and give him a model to go by XD, looks more like a new Ford Ranger which I like.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: May 17, 2010 11:46 AM    Msg. 4 of 47       
lol tnx, i might redo the front. btw kip its RPC(REDPlague Concepts) :P not RHP anymore

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 17, 2010 03:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
I have weights in my room instead of computer equipment.

Your a hardcore duder.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: May 17, 2010 04:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 47       
Nice, but is all that necessary for making content on Halo CE?

Like, cameras, what's the point. If you do more than just CE, my bad, i don't know the team's background.

Dark

Posted: May 17, 2010 05:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 47       
theres an evil monkey in my closet

AlwinRoth

Posted: May 17, 2010 08:46 PM    Msg. 8 of 47       
I have weights in my room instead of computer equipment.

That's quite random of you to say that.

The idea of having so many laptops kind of... annoys? Yeah, I'll use annoys me.

but I guess if you get progress with that,

go for it, we're not stopping you. :P

Dark

Posted: May 17, 2010 08:47 PM    Msg. 9 of 47       

3 laptops.

Advancebo

Posted: May 17, 2010 09:27 PM    Msg. 10 of 47       
must be pretty hot in there.

Advancebo

Posted: May 17, 2010 09:37 PM    Msg. 11 of 47       

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 17, 2010 11:04 PM    Msg. 12 of 47       
This better quickly get on to the topic of Halo CE or else it will be locked as well.

cody

I WOULD OF BEEN YOUR DADDY, BUT THE DOG BEAT ME!

Posted: May 18, 2010 01:03 AM    Msg. 13 of 47       

side project, redoin gta car pack to use one set of bitmaps so reduce total tag size by quite a few megs
Edited by cody on May 18, 2010 at 01:03 AM

cody

Posted: May 18, 2010 02:38 AM    Msg. 14 of 47       
hmm, that mabey possible, just need the nodes from the mongoose

Ninjadude

Posted: May 18, 2010 03:16 AM    Msg. 15 of 47       
Keeping an eye on this thread.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 18, 2010 07:28 PM    Msg. 16 of 47       
if you read up top, it says over 80% is for Engineering purposes.
read all of it before posting anything.

read the chair design one again, its a Meccano product, they own Erector, every piece in those sets say Meccano on it. The chair itself I designed, the rubber I made, the blue colored (guess I can call it:) "plastic" I made, using an erector set piece as a mold form.

BACK ON TOPIC (thanks Dennis)

We are back up and running, Cody will be moving hopefully this summer or next, so we will have some down time during that period, I am cleaning my room, and was home sick today, but I joined the fire department, along with my dad (he wanted to join with me to spend time with me, rarely happens), but on the HCE side, we are back up and running for now, Cody will keep you posted with model updates, Geared will too. (got that on the name change Nate, thanks, don't wann look stupid, haha).

Stay tuned!

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 18, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 17 of 47       
posting because killerkip needs to post

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 18, 2010 11:27 PM    Msg. 18 of 47       
Alright, gonna be offline and at my girlfriend's house tomorrow, and going to my sister's college graduation on friday though sunday, so I most likely wont be on for a while.

Here are some older images from a week or two ago of what we have been working on:

Some concept drawings:

Of the map concept we started off with: v

Here are some older model concepts I have made for the maps and etc.:

I have made all the textures seen in those images. (minus the ones in the final image, as I had made that one as a quicky in about 1 hour).
Enjoy!
Edited by KillerKip1 on May 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: May 19, 2010 09:04 AM    Msg. 19 of 47       
Stfu , I worked my ass off on Lumoria and there you go taking all the credit and shiz.
I mean , I mentioned it in this post. Took me like , how many clicks and years of honing my English and typage skills?

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 10:55 AM    Msg. 20 of 47       
alright guys, either mature or leave.

BACK TO TOPIC!

I am home sick again, could not make it through the day, and guess my gf is going to the mall after school instead, getting something for prom, but anyways. I am on today and tomorrow, thanks to Uneven, who bumped the thread for me.

I am working on a Ford Ranger model concept for our maps, as we are looking to add newer vehicles to this 2-house map you have seen in my concepts. The finished product will not be in a canyon though, it will be a lot more realistic.

I am on Xfire for those who want to talk or shoot out some ideas, just add KillerKip1!

EDIT:

A little work I did over the last 1/2 hour:

The model (seen on right as the way it came), is from the 3D Warehouse, I did not make the base model, mine is on the left, with the concept modifications, not done, have a lot more to do, will hopfully have 2 or 3 of these concepts done by 5pm!

Enjoy!
Edited by KillerKip1 on May 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Dark

Posted: May 19, 2010 03:49 PM    Msg. 21 of 47       
Hey guys!

Just a little update here on the Lumoria main development studios!
We recently acquired a new pet hamster + a running wheel accesoire.
I also did some tuning on the "Lumoria mobile", a 6 wheeled tank with a weather antenna on top, with some custom rims and a PS3 in the backseat! I recently also joined the Chess club, so I can spend more quality time with my nephew (since we don't see each other alot). Hopefully I'll be playing the inter-state finals some day as well, I'm very ambitious!

Oh and we got a new desk chair, with custom rubberzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

STFU only helipad studios can do that caz there a studio.
yours is a project durp.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 04:21 PM    Msg. 22 of 47       
Got some more done today, Cody got something ingame aparently too. Gonna check that out if he gets back online.

Here is what I got done on that truck, and here is a little somethin I made in my boredom!

The Junk Mobile

The Technical Blazer

Enjoy!

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 19, 2010 04:37 PM    Msg. 23 of 47       
That map layout a few posts up, looks really bad. Its symmetrical, and nothing exciting AT ALL.

Design something neat and new, and use my terrain tutorial for 3ds max to get started. Follow that work flow and I promise it'll turn out good.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 05:03 PM    Msg. 24 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
That map layout a few posts up, looks really bad. Its symmetrical, and nothing exciting AT ALL.

Design something neat and new, and use my terrain tutorial for 3ds max to get started. Follow that work flow and I promise it'll turn out good.

Will give it a try, that was an old concept, and a general reference model from sketchup, nothing special, but we completely redesigned the map.

EDIT:

Edited by KillerKip1 on May 19, 2010 at 05:04 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 19, 2010 05:08 PM    Msg. 25 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Will give it a try, that was an old concept, and a general reference model from sketchup, nothing special, but we completely redesigned the map.

Uhh.. then don't call it new. I don't see why your modeling it anyway, it wasn't interesting from the beginning and should of been able to tell that easily.

Your levels designs should come together and be interesting, for example:

I've shown this before. Not mine, but its one of the better looking ones by my friend, and its how you should be doing it.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 05:19 PM    Msg. 26 of 47       
okay, thats neat, but I don't do that for a few reasons, and the major one is that the image of the map layout was the result of first day brainstorming. It was more to show what the idea of the map was, and to work from that.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: May 19, 2010 07:19 PM    Msg. 27 of 47       
okay, thats neat, but I don't do that for a few reasons, and the major one is that the image of the map layout was the result of first day brainstorming. It was more to show what the idea of the map was, and to work from that.

That works, keep the updates coming.
btw I did not know you were keeping so many dust bunnies! :P

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 07:22 PM    Msg. 28 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero

That works, keep the updates coming.
btw I did not know you were keeping so many dust bunnies! :P

haha, but its because they are so fun! I keep all records of our work =) dating back to our first map made in late 2006.

Got bored again, and heading to bed soon, very sick, here is what I got:

Enjoy!

cody

Posted: May 19, 2010 07:48 PM    Msg. 29 of 47       
dont worry about layout, thats my department, and its gona have twist and turns and you can get lost, kip is doin concepts for me and if i see stuff i like, i'll incorperate them into the project

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 19, 2010 10:46 PM    Msg. 30 of 47       
Got this done:

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 20, 2010 05:08 PM    Msg. 31 of 47       
Since I was home sick again, here is what I got done besides some chores.

Almost done with both, but the F350 Prerunner (uptop) is gonna take a little longer then the ranger.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 20, 2010 06:01 PM    Msg. 32 of 47       
Got some more interior work done on the Blazer, I downloaded it as a shell, as seen in the images where I compare the insides.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 20, 2010 09:22 PM    Msg. 33 of 47       
Mesages deleted.

Stay on topic.

Lodex stop trolling you should know better and I won't warn you again.

Stay on topic

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 21, 2010 12:11 AM    Msg. 34 of 47       
Alright, Going to my sister's graduation this weekend, so I wont be on till Sunday or Monday, wish her luck!

Here is what I got done for the last few hours, I downloaded it as a junk yard truck (it was modeled as one with the parts everywhere and not sized correctly), so with the final model you see (the third image, you see my a model that is basically 70% my work.

Goodnight!

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: May 21, 2010 11:49 AM    Msg. 35 of 47       
In Drafting class and bored....

So I am here to ask you users which concept vehicle should be put ingame?
Any suggestions for future concepts?
I am also doing weapons and Scenery.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 5:01 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website