A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How do I edit a BSP?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: How do I edit a BSP? (96 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: May 17, 2010 01:57 PM    Msg. 1 of 96       
Title says it all. What I need to know is how to like take a BSP say, the first BSP of a10 and then open it up in like 3ds max and then edit it.

GameCreat0r

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Posted: May 17, 2010 03:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 96       
And you need to do all the sapien work over again not to speak of errors you get because extracting doesn't work perfect.

Left out that little detail didn't he? -.-

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: May 17, 2010 05:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 96       
um use bsp tag coverter 2.5 gives no erros u need to make a sky and put the bitmaps on and click unwrap and they will be how they are.

the_elite_zelota

Posted: May 18, 2010 05:50 AM    Msg. 4 of 96       
bsp tag converter 2.5...yes... i think it's the best

Skidrow925

Posted: May 18, 2010 01:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: the_elite_zelota
bsp tag converter 2.5...yes... i think it's the best

and where can I find that?
is it on halomaps?

i think I found something that will work
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2029
Edited by Skidrow925 on May 18, 2010 at 01:21 PM

GameCreat0r

Posted: May 19, 2010 01:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Niels
And you need to do all the sapien work over again not to speak of errors you get because extracting doesn't work perfect.

litle mistake, you don't have to redo the senario. You can copy a senario into an other whit tool. I forgot the command but it is in one of those topics above in the topic page...

Skidrow925

Posted: May 19, 2010 02:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 96       

litle mistake, you don't have to redo the senario. You can copy a senario into an other whit tool. I forgot the command but it is in one of those topics above in the topic page...

meh its workking its just when I go to export the map it says there are to many actors on the scene.
I am using blue streak 1.0.3

Skidrow925

Posted: May 20, 2010 08:59 PM    Msg. 8 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef

your bsp m ust me ONE object and it must be linked to a box called frame
Edited by mastur cheef on May 20, 2010 at 04:22 PM

But then it says that there is nothing to export.
Can't remeber the error offhand I will post it later.

-Skipdrow

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 21, 2010 03:57 AM    Msg. 9 of 96       
Too many actors would be more than one frame in the scene. Delete all other frames, (check your sky box for these) and link your map to one frame only.

GameCreat0r

Posted: May 21, 2010 07:34 AM    Msg. 10 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder
Too many actors would be more than one frame in the scene. Delete all other frames, (check your sky box for these) and link your map to one frame only.

something comes to mind now. Your bsp is linked wrong indeed. unlink everything from everything. something is linked wrong. Wrong as in linkt to something else than frame, linked multiple times (not sure if that's even posseble) or to many things are linkt.

I think you can only have 1 frame btw since objects can't have the same name.

Other possebility, the frame is multiple objects. Deleting and remaking and linking the frame could solve the problem aswell.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 21, 2010 08:53 AM    Msg. 11 of 96       

something comes to mind now. Your bsp is linked wrong indeed. unlink everything from everything. something is linked wrong. Wrong as in linkt to something else than frame, linked multiple times (not sure if that's even posseble) or to many things are linkt.

Other possebility, the frame is multiple objects. Deleting and remaking and linking the frame could solve the problem aswell.

I remember what the other erroe is...
It says there are no actors to export.
so the 3 errors are:

• No geometry

• No actors

• To many actors actors on the scene

Hmm... and I am not sure how to fix any of those.

-Skipdrow

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 22, 2010 05:52 AM    Msg. 12 of 96       
Question, What is in the scene? is it just your basic map? box map? Do you have anything imported into it? did you forget to delete any leftover models?
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and relink your level to your frame not the other way around.. Something like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian.,

Edited by xsnoder on May 22, 2010 at 05:57 AM

GameCreat0r

Posted: May 22, 2010 06:47 AM    Msg. 13 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

I remember what the other erroe is...
It says there are no actors to export.
so the 3 errors are:

• No geometry

• No actors

• To many actors actors on the scene

Hmm... and I am not sure how to fix any of those.

-Skipdrow

I just told you ^^. But I was wrong about the number of frames. You can have multiple. However you just need 1.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 22, 2010 05:31 PM    Msg. 14 of 96       

Question, What is in the scene? is it just your basic map? box map? Do you have anything imported into it? did you forget to delete any leftover models?
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and relink your level to your frame not the other way around.. Something like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian.,

Edited by xsnoder on May 22, 2010 at 05:57 AM

What I have is I imported
Infinity
Bloodgulch
And I combined them into one thing.
Then I linked that to a frame.
And it said there were no actors to export.
Any ideas?

-Skipdrow

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 22, 2010 08:31 PM    Msg. 15 of 96       
thats not linked.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 23, 2010 04:15 AM    Msg. 16 of 96       
what are you using? 3ds 8, 9, 10? gmax? and how did you combine the level's? your bsp's? Make sure you attach the left overs then try it agian. Depending on what you mean "I combined the 2 bsp's?" try 1 bsp and see what happens.
Here is a tutorial, This might help you figure out where you might be going wrong. Someone told me once that the order in wich you link is important, but I have had no troubles in this area so my help is going to be limited unfortunatly. Peaece

PS just another thought real quick. Make sure you are linking all independent objects as well as the level, Say you have water? link that as well. Ect....

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2299 basic map tutorial by WH k Guru. Good for a starter
Edited by xsnoder on May 23, 2010 at 04:42 AM

Skidrow925

Posted: May 23, 2010 05:38 PM    Msg. 17 of 96       

what are you using? 3ds 8, 9, 10? gmax? and how did you combine the level's? your bsp's? Make sure you attach the left overs then try it agian. Depending on what you mean "I combined the 2 bsp's?" try 1 bsp and see what happens.
Here is a tutorial, This might help you figure out where you might be going wrong. Someone told me once that the order in wich you link is important, but I have had no troubles in this area so my help is going to be limited unfortunatly. Peaece

PS just another thought real quick. Make sure you are linking all independent objects as well as the level, Say you have water? link that as well. Ect....

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2299 basic map tutorial by WH k Guru. Good for a starter
Edited by xsnoder on May 23, 2010 at 04:42 AM

What I did is I imported them textured them to my liking and the Click on ''bllod_ground'' and converted to editable mesh and went to attach list and attached to everything I needed. Then I made a frame box linked it to ''blood_ground'' (As the whole map and junk) and then tried to export.
And BTW I am using 3ds MAX 2010

-Skipdrow

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: May 24, 2010 01:35 PM    Msg. 18 of 96       
Link the bloodground TO the frame.

Blood ground >>>>>>>>>>>>>>LINK>>>>>>>>>>> Frame

Skidrow925

Posted: May 24, 2010 04:15 PM    Msg. 19 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Link the bloodground TO the frame.

ohhh
So there is a difference if I do
as apposed to
Frame >>>>>>>>>>>>>>LINK>>>>>>>>>>> Blood ground
???
hmm intersting.

-Skipdrow

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 24, 2010 04:27 PM    Msg. 20 of 96       
You were advised to link the model to the frame, not the other way round.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 24, 2010 10:35 PM    Msg. 21 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
You were advised to link the model to the frame, not the other way round.

That still don't work. It says there are no actors to export.

-Skipdrow

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 25, 2010 08:59 AM    Msg. 22 of 96       
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and "RELINK YOUR LEVEL TO THE FRAME NOT THE OTER WAY" AROUNDSomething like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian
Poat the 3ds file so someone can take a look at it.
Edited by xsnoder on May 25, 2010 at 09:01 AM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 25, 2010 09:54 AM    Msg. 23 of 96       
then you did it wrong.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 25, 2010 02:35 PM    Msg. 24 of 96       

Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and "RELINK YOUR LEVEL TO THE FRAME NOT THE OTER WAY" AROUNDSomething like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian

All there is on the entire map is a Bloodgulch and A Infinity both I ripped and imported, and a frame box.
That's it.
That's all that is there.
Nothing else.

-Skipdrow

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 25, 2010 04:20 PM    Msg. 25 of 96       
Then select both models, then link to frame.
If that does not work, then link bloodgulch to infinity, then infinity to frame.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 25, 2010 04:41 PM    Msg. 26 of 96       
Then select both models, then link to frame.
If that does not work, then link bloodgulch to infinity, then infinity to frame.

Actually what I did was I selected blood gulch and converted to editable mesh then I went to attach list and attached it to infinity.
Then I went to link and linked that to the Frame.
And it didn't work.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 26, 2010 04:12 AM    Msg. 27 of 96       
Can you post the 3ds file here? I would rather look at it. I am confused and it should have linked. See if you can post it.

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: May 26, 2010 08:00 AM    Msg. 28 of 96       

All there is on the entire map is a Bloodgulch and A Infinity both I ripped and imported, and a frame box.
That's it.
Nothing else.

-Skipdrow

you should of told us you had the infinity map there too. convert both to editable mesh and attach them to the frame box.
Edited by black doom on May 26, 2010 at 08:01 AM

Skidrow925

Posted: May 26, 2010 12:06 PM    Msg. 29 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: black doom

That's it.
Nothing else.

-Skipdrow

you should of told us you had the infinity map there too. convert both to editable mesh and attach them to the frame box.
Edited by black doom on May 26, 2010 at 08:01 AM

I thought I was supposed to Link them to the frame.
And I did ''attach'' them to each other...
Woah...
And I am not able to post it for 2 reasons-

-1 I don't want a leak.

-2 I am not sure if I even can.

I might upload it somewhere and PM you a link.

-Skipdrow

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: May 27, 2010 06:13 AM    Msg. 30 of 96       
Ok lets all back up real quick. This is getting more confusing then it needs to be. first, No one wants your map bro, I know there are some who would ,but, that would only be finished maps. second the people you are talking to ,minus one, are accomplished ,model, map makers and would never even dream of doing something like that. I have made over 30 maps , 15 ,published, and do this quite frequent. Now, in order to post your file you need a file share account like 4shared or one of those. Copy the link and past here in your post. If not then help can be limited. everyone is telling you the same thing. It is probably confusing with all the info but it is all the same for the most part.
I am going to try and do the same thing just out of curiosity to see where you might be missing something. I will post something in a day or two, keep trying and don't give up. Just a bump in the road.

attach levels ,or, bridge by creating the link between the bsp's, then attach..
link level, to frame
save
runscript. (jms exporter) save in your new maps model folder.

OK UPDATE Threw this together rather fast. Just an example.
I did one this morning and this is what I got. It worked just fine for me, so I am a little more confused. I had no actor or too many actor errors actually I had non eccept for haveing to do some shader arrangments. Let me know?

BTW good idea for a map. I will absolutly not take anyones ideas, but thought I would compliment you on this idea. Peace

Edited by xsnoder on May 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Skidrow925

Posted: May 27, 2010 01:08 PM    Msg. 31 of 96       

Ok lets all back up real quick. This is getting more confusing then it needs to be. first, No one wants your map bro, I know there are some who would ,but, that would only be finished maps. second the people you are talking to ,minus one, are accomplished ,model, map makers and would never even dream of doing something like that. I have made over 30 maps , 15 ,published, and do this quite frequent. Now, in order to post your file you need a file share account like 4shared or one of those. Copy the link and past here in your post. If not then help can be limited. everyone is telling you the same thing. It is probably confusing with all the info but it is all the same for the most part.
I am going to try and do the same thing just out of curiosity to see where you might be missing something. I will post something in a day or two, keep trying and don't give up. Just a bump in the road.

attach levels ,or, bridge by creating the link between the bsp's, then attach..
link level, to frame
save
runscript. (jms exporter) save in your new maps model folder.

OK UPDATE Threw this together rather fast. Just an example.
I did one this morning and this is what I got. It worked just fine for me, so I am a little more confused. I had no actor or too many actor errors actually I had non eccept for haveing to do some shader arrangments. Let me know?

BTW good idea for a map. I will absolutly not take anyones ideas, but thought I would compliment you on this idea. Peace

Edited by xsnoder on May 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

OK new problem I got the .jms exported.
I don't know what to do in tool though.
All I did to get it to export was link frame to map then map to frame then frame to amp a few times then it exported finally.
And I am glad you like my idea for the map.
Just need help converting into a BSP file.

-Skipdrow

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 27, 2010 01:56 PM    Msg. 32 of 96       
watch a tutorial.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 27, 2010 02:29 PM    Msg. 33 of 96       
watch a tutorial.

Find me one.

-Skipdrow

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 27, 2010 03:09 PM    Msg. 34 of 96       
No, find your own.

Skidrow925

Posted: May 27, 2010 04:46 PM    Msg. 35 of 96       
No, find your own.

huh.
Any one else wanna help me figure it out?

-Skipdrow

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 9:38 PM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website