A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How do I edit a BSP?

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: How do I edit a BSP? (96 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 06:00 PM    Msg. 71 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: archduke

I don't know if you are a troll or what, but i am also going to assume you a lazy, ignorant fool, and ill raise maniac by adding troll (unless you can prove otherwise). if you are just using HEK to add to maps like bloodgulch and stuff, that's not making maps. its modding maps, which is hardly difficult.
Edited by archduke on Jun 1, 2010 at 03:19 PM

FTFY
So if I strip a map down to a raw BSP then add a script and AI and junk it is just modding?
I find that a little bit odd.
Anyway.
DELETED!

abkarch

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 06:28 PM    Msg. 72 of 96       
using hek plus isnt "stripping down".
fail.

and my name isnt archduke, its abkarch, troll.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 06:30 PM    Msg. 73 of 96       
Technically, you are only modding maps, if you add onto an existing object. For example, every single one of the maps I made are essentially mods, seeing as used existing BSPs.

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 08:45 PM    Msg. 74 of 96       
The bottom line is, you couldn't rework bungie's two bsps, and I consider that failed modding and modeling combined into one big epic problem that spans three pages.
You didn't have to give up either. I believed in you slightly.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 03:16 AM    Msg. 75 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Technically, you are only modding maps, if you add onto an existing object. For example, every single one of the maps I made are essentially mods, seeing as used existing BSPs.

So say I (and I am working on it now anyway) take and go into guerrilla and make a new scnr file with c10extirora as the BSP I choose a sky and junk then start placing stuff like AI scen and weaps.

That is just considered modding?

huh.
I never looked at it that way before.
Interesting.
I will keep that in mind later.
-Stocked away for future reference-
So even with my idea of having BG and INF technically makes it a mod?
I guess that does make some sense as about all I am doing is making them snowy and connecting them with a tunnel.

READY FOR THIS FAIL!?!?!?!?
-Lonw Eolf
-Skipdrow

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 05:32 AM    Msg. 76 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Niels
Dude import the errors whit chimp wrl importer and they will be where they should be. Now you fix open deges by welding the vertecies and updade eges by adding vertecies or removing faces that are wrong. (I make it sound eassy) Just seache the forum on the details I got a copple of topics in whitch I explain it.

And skidro, I told you a douzend times

PLEASE JUST TRY THE HEK TUTORIAL FIRST BEFORE DOING THE HARD STUFF! PLEASE!

For once I agree with Niels and I agree with you Maniac. This guy is not serious and has no clue what we are talking about. I am sorry but I threw a ton of good stuff your way man but you seem to not even look at it. Learn the little things like niels said and actually study the work,, then try this agian ,say in, 6 months or so? Laters
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 6, 2010 at 05:39 AM

GameCreat0r

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 05:35 AM    Msg. 77 of 96       
But skidrow did help me out recently. There is a supprizing helpfull part in him. He's just not mutch of a quick understander. He'll get it after a while (most times). ^.^

I think he needs a video about how to make bsp whit HEK.
Edited by Niels on Jun 6, 2010 at 05:36 AM

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 05:55 AM    Msg. 78 of 96       

But skidrow did help me out recently. There is a supprizing helpfull part in him. He's just not mutch of a quick understander. He'll get it after a while (most times). ^.^

I think he needs a video about how to make bsp whit HEK.
Edited by Niels on Jun 6, 2010 at 05:36 AM

You need help as well Niels sooo you two are perfect for each other lol:) Done here

GameCreat0r

Posted: Jun 6, 2010 07:40 AM    Msg. 79 of 96       
What the H#ll are you sugessting? I didn't even read all posts he made but skidro somehow helped me out whit my map protection so he isn't 100% crazy after all.

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 06:21 AM    Msg. 80 of 96       
No one said he was crazy bro? I'm human and get tired of helping someone whom won't help themselves, pretty simple actually... Also, I wasn't suggesting anything, I was telling you and the op as clear as I could to Work together and learn. You both are realatively in the same area of experience. I thought it was a rather clever match ,a little sarcastic but clever non the less.
These are suggestions Niels.
#1 If you want to be taken serious, learn how to spell better and work on your grammer.
#2 You need to pick a side and play it for three rounds instead of changing your stance with every gust of wind.
#3 Take your own advice and watch a few more tutorials.
#4 you are still new here and have not established yourself much less any maps/models? So Don't give advise you have not masterd yourself.
#5 toughen up that thin shin my friend. You wouldn't sway the way you do if you had more confidence in what you say.
#6 don't poke the snoder. I will not argue the facts. The fact is, you are new and need to seek help, not give it.
I have worked for a year to establish myself here and made many many maps before I started helping others. You are no exception and tbqh are very bad at the advice game Go back to your drawing board and earn your bragging rights. you have non right now and are losing my respect, fast. Peace
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 8, 2010 at 06:23 AM

Ilikdonuts101

lol wut you say?

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 06:03 AM    Msg. 81 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

#1 If you want to be taken serious, learn how to spell better and work on your grammer.
#4 you are still new here and have not established yourself much less any maps/models? So Don't give advise you have not masterd yourself.

no offense but you spelt grammar "grammer" and spelt mastered "masterd"

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 06:51 AM    Msg. 82 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ilikdonuts101
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

You are new here and making stupid mistakes right away ,as well, so I will make this short.
The only offense I am taking is you butting your way into a thread that has nothing to do with you. Who are you and why do you feel you need to say something to me? You don't know me hero. Go troll someone eles.
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 9, 2010 at 06:52 AM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:50 AM    Msg. 83 of 96       
You be trollin.
Your opinions in this thread go way past the topic.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 02:09 PM    Msg. 84 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ilikdonuts101

Read the Forum Posting Guidelines
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=27378

These apply:

• Do Not troll which means do not post messages specifically designed to start arguments or controversy.

• Do not criticize or make fun of people who do not write concisely or use proper punctuation. Ask politely for clarification or do not post at all.

Ilikdonuts101 if your pattern of behavior continues your messages will be deleted and posting privileges will be revoked.
Edited by Dennis on Jun 9, 2010 at 02:09 PM

GameCreat0r

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 03:39 AM    Msg. 85 of 96       
Oh comone xnoder, your just 10% right there! I would really like to discus this but we're getting of topic and I don't want to upset Dennis. So People please get back to topic!

Skidro do you need any more help?

Stop it xsnoder get back to topic...
Edited by Niels on Jun 10, 2010 at 05:27 AM

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 05:20 PM    Msg. 86 of 96       

Oh comone xnoder, your just 10% right there! I would really like to discus this but we're getting of topic and I don't want to upset Dennis. So People please get back to topic!

Skidro do you need any more help?

Stop it xsnoder get back to topic...
Edited by Niels on Jun 10, 2010 at 05:27 AM

I don't need more help yet as I have no access to my comp

Also something we all have forgotten so I think is that Niels is Polish if I remember correctly therefor he has somewhat of a reason for not using perfect English but one quick thing, Niels, is that there is a spell checker and if a word is underlined in a wavy red then right click on it and it will have options on how it is spelled.

-Lone Wolf
-Skipdrow

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 05:22 PM    Msg. 87 of 96       
um niels is speaking perfect english idk what you mean by hes not

GameCreat0r

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 05:45 PM    Msg. 88 of 96       
Did dennis really make this topic offially usefull? I don't think it should be since how to edit BSP is all explained by how to make BSP like the HEK tutorial explains it! You should only learn how to use HEK+ and tag extractors to get it done.

Edited by Niels on Jun 16, 2010 at 04:45 AM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:09 PM    Msg. 89 of 96       
He is obviously Dutch.
Marco van Basten FTW

GameCreat0r

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 04:47 AM    Msg. 90 of 96       
LOL

Guys btw all pictures on the first page turned into a 403 forbidden (not sure it was 403 -.-')

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:48 AM    Msg. 91 of 96       
LOL

Guys btw all pictures on the first page turned into a 403 forbidden (not sure it was 403 -.-')

Actually it is 404 not 403 error.

-Lone Wolf
-Skipdrow

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 02:16 PM    Msg. 92 of 96       
This offtopicness is not fair. I waited 5 minutes for this page to load so I could give some bsp help. But no...

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 04:44 PM    Msg. 93 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
This offtopicness is not fair. I waited 5 minutes for this page to load so I could give some bsp help. But no...

lol
Solution is simple: Get faster internet.
Or the rest of us get back on topic.

-Lone Wolf
-Skipdrow

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 05:49 PM    Msg. 94 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: archduke

I don't know if you are a troll or what, but i am also going to assume you a lazy, ignorant fool, and ill raise maniac by adding troll (unless you can prove otherwise). if you are just using HEK to add to maps like bloodgulch and stuff, that's not making maps. its modding maps, which is hardly difficult.
Edited by archduke on Jun 1, 2010 at 03:19 PM

FTFY
So if I strip a map down to a raw BSP then add a script and AI and junk it is just modding?
I find that a little bit odd.
Anyway.
DELETED!

DO NOT COPY MY AVATAR OR I WILL DESTROY YOUR HOME

abkarch

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 07:44 PM    Msg. 95 of 96       
seriously, yoko WILL DESTROY YOUR HOME.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 06:20 PM    Msg. 96 of 96       
Well I didn't know it was ''yours'' I thought that the avatars were free for all.
And I really don't care anyway.

-Lone Wolf
-Skipdrow

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 12:17 AM 657 ms.
A Halo Maps Website