A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ideklite Community

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Ideklite Community (58 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 21, 2010 05:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 58       
Just introducing a concept of mine for modders to use if they like.

Ideklorn is a planet hidden in the far reaches of the universe. A few UNSC travelled there, and their designs have been stolen, stolen back, stolen again, stolen back, etc. For this reason, most species in the universe now know of Ideklite designs.

The Ideklites have an enourmous temple which can be used to 'See' other worlds. Because of this, the Ideklites have become a divided religion. Some are UNSC supporters, some are Covenant supporters, some are Forerunner supporters, etc. For this reason, all of their designs are mixed between different races' concepts. Their great Emperor's Palace is designed in a mix of UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner, Sprite, and Ulokal designs.(More to be revealed about the Palace when I start making my own maps).

Many Ideklites believe that the universe is split into three parts, Rich, Poor, Heroic, and they are just overseers of all three parts. Of course, this is not true, but for this reason, the Ideklites have gathered designs from all three parts, and used them for a few structures. This means that some structures are magnificent, some structures are ragged, and some structures are enourmous temple buildings.

In East Ideklob(Capital Of Ideklorn), there are orcs staying. For this reason, most Ideklite Camping Equipment(Tents) is based on Orcish designs, and is usually green, camouflaged, and ragged.

Ideklite Machine Engines are the most common structures which use mixed designs.

Ideklite Weapons are the most common items which use UNSC designs.

Ideklite Vehicles are the most common items which use Orcish designs.

Ulokal designs are kept secret between the Ideklites and the Ulokal, and we don't have a clue what they look like as of yet.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 21, 2010 05:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 58       
What are Ulokals and Sprites and when did Orcs come into play here.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on May 21, 2010 at 05:52 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 21, 2010 06:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

What are Ulokals and Sprites and when did Orcs come into play here.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on May 21, 2010 at 05:52 PM

The Ulokals and Sprites are going to be explained some other time. And the universe is infinite, Orcs can appear in any game. The Orcs here are like aliens though, not random Middle Earth creatures or whatever. They're studied by Humans, Ideklites, and all other species.

EDIT: I've nearly finished the core chamber of Ideklorn. It powers the whole of the planet.

It's not very good right now, but with animations, and a few better textures, it should look perfect.
Edited by Garagorn888 on May 22, 2010 at 06:07 AM

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: May 22, 2010 07:20 AM    Msg. 4 of 58       
i cant tell if you are trolling or not.. im not sure how kettles power the whole planet...

Jaz

Posted: May 22, 2010 02:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
i cant tell if you are trolling or not.. im not sure how kettles power the whole planet...

The kettles are just storage devices. Kettles are extremely well made for transfering liquid from one container to another. Any alien would know that. The plasma energy is stored in the kettles, and then pulse generators send pulses through the kettles which pushes the plasma energy out of the tip of the kettle into the orb, which powers the engine, which powers the planet. Simple science really.
Edited by Garagorn888 on May 22, 2010 at 02:54 PM

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: May 22, 2010 05:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 58       
I'm kind of seeing some troll behavior here...

Jaz

Posted: May 22, 2010 06:34 PM    Msg. 7 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
I'm kind of seeing some troll behavior here...

If it seems like I'm trolling, sorry. But what I'm trying to do is introduce a new story concept, not troll.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: May 22, 2010 11:08 PM    Msg. 8 of 58       
LMFAO, trolling.. There is no way that model would even export to Halo CE, you know that right?

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 23, 2010 01:08 AM    Msg. 9 of 58       
The tea pot kills halo

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: May 23, 2010 03:32 AM    Msg. 10 of 58       
AVAST! ANTIVIRUS WARNING: A TROLL HAS BEEN DETECTED!

Seriously, that model... Teapots on cylinders. Need I say more? Lol I can see open faces from that pic lol
Edited by doompig444 on May 23, 2010 at 03:33 AM

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: May 23, 2010 03:40 AM    Msg. 11 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
wait, so how does it not export to halo? are teapots too advanced for it?

A: Due to the fact that spheres with too many faces can't go through tool, it's safe to assume that the default-made teapot in 3ds Max can't, though that isn't certain.
B: There are open edges on the teapot.

Jaz

Posted: May 23, 2010 04:18 AM    Msg. 12 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444

AVAST! ANTIVIRUS WARNING: A TROLL HAS BEEN DETECTED!

Seriously, that model... Teapots on cylinders. Need I say more? Lol I can see open faces from that pic lol
Edited by doompig444 on May 23, 2010 at 03:33 AM

The whole point of this thread wasn't even for me to show off my project. That's just what kind of post anyone can be doing in this thread. This thread is supposed to present a new story concept, not to discuss how rubbish my model is. You can all post models here, if they're based on the Ideklite designs which I explained in the first post.

abkarch

Posted: May 23, 2010 09:28 AM    Msg. 13 of 58       
sheesh, imagine how these models will look in CE if they look like this now...
honstly, no one is going to want to play this story (however cool i think it may be) if the models aren't slightly decent

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: May 23, 2010 10:33 AM    Msg. 14 of 58       
Hey!
Is there any chance you would be able to use my model in your map?
It has some issues when running through tool. I think the texture has too many polies; that shouldn't be an issue though.
Front veiw:

Back veiw:

Bulgarian

T-bagging n00bs since 2007

Posted: May 23, 2010 10:35 AM    Msg. 15 of 58       

I need a beer.

Jaz

Posted: May 23, 2010 11:42 AM    Msg. 16 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: Welcome To Earth
Hey!
Is there any chance you would be able to use my model in your map?
It has some issues when running through tool. I think the texture has too many polies; that shouldn't be an issue though.
Front veiw:

Back veiw:

Please explain what it is. I really don't see what it's meant to be.

iHalo

Posted: May 23, 2010 12:49 PM    Msg. 17 of 58       
LMFAO! Texture too many polies, I lol'd.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: May 23, 2010 01:41 PM    Msg. 18 of 58       
lol that old joke is still hilarious, especially when the newbs dont get it. guy whit the teapots(not the joke one, the guy who was talking about plasma generators or such. if ur gonna do a concept fora model, dont make it out of stock geometric stuff from max. at least attempt to make a somewhat decent model. even if its low poly, just try. cause an image with teapots=trollz, even if it isnt. come back when u make a good concept model, hell even sketches.

Jaz

Posted: May 23, 2010 02:13 PM    Msg. 19 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: Geared
lol that old joke is still hilarious, especially when the newbs dont get it. guy whit the teapots(not the joke one, the guy who was talking about plasma generators or such. if ur gonna do a concept fora model, dont make it out of stock geometric stuff from max. at least attempt to make a somewhat decent model. even if its low poly, just try. cause an image with teapots=trollz, even if it isnt. come back when u make a good concept model, hell even sketches.

Lol that isn't to show off my skills. That's what the Ultimatum Engine is meant to look like. Simple can be effective sometimes ya know. Quite a lot of the weapons and stuff will be high-poly. I do know how to model, ya know. What would be the point in making a teapot from scratch if it's already there though?

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: May 23, 2010 02:28 PM    Msg. 20 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: Garagorn888
Lol that isn't to show off my skills. That's what the Ultimatum Engine is meant to look like.

What the hell are you talking about?

Jaz

Posted: May 23, 2010 02:38 PM    Msg. 21 of 58       
Lol that isn't to show off my skills. That's what the Ultimatum Engine is meant to look like.

It's for my map. The Ultimatum Engine powers the whole of Ideklorn. I called it the core chamber earlier on for some reason... can't remember why.
Edited by Garagorn888 on May 23, 2010 at 02:38 PM

iHalo

Posted: May 23, 2010 03:03 PM    Msg. 22 of 58       
I think Halo: Aero is getting to your head =P loljks.

You cannot have a map utilize an ENTIRE new game Engine......... it's impossible, never will happen, Open Sauce is the closest thing to that but no where even near.

I think you need to do more research on CE content development before you write a paragraph of a project that is impossible, and will most likely never happen...

+ Your posts don't make sense, are you going MODEL an ENGINE to make the GAME more POWERFUL?? Lmao, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard....
Edited by iHalo on May 23, 2010 at 03:04 PM

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: May 23, 2010 03:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 58       

It's for my map. The Ultimatum Engine powers the whole of Ideklorn. I called it the core chamber earlier on for some reason... can't remember why.

the very fact that you want the engine to look like 4 teapots, even as a concept, is pretty TROLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@d3l3tt3: I think he meant in his story arc, there's that teapot engine in the game that powers teh alienz tech, not as an actual new game engine.
Edited by doompig444 on May 23, 2010 at 03:10 PM

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: May 23, 2010 04:32 PM    Msg. 24 of 58       
After i saw this thread i made a teapot grenade.

But srsly, how are you suppose to power an entire planet with teapots >:V

although thats a cool story bro
Edited by Megaguirus on May 23, 2010 at 04:34 PM

iHalo

Posted: May 23, 2010 04:34 PM    Msg. 25 of 58       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444

the very fact that you want the engine to look like 4 teapots, even as a concept, is pretty TROLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@d3l3tt3: I think he meant in his story arc, there's that teapot engine in the game that powers teh alienz tech, not as an actual new game engine.
Edited by doompig444 on May 23, 2010 at 03:10 PM

How will that make better shaders and allow high poly weapons?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 23, 2010 04:41 PM    Msg. 26 of 58       
He never said it would. It's a fictional teapot engine thingy in his fictional game world.

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: May 23, 2010 05:08 PM    Msg. 27 of 58       
It's steam powered.

abkarch

Posted: May 23, 2010 05:09 PM    Msg. 28 of 58       
ah HA! now THAT makes sense! XD

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: May 23, 2010 05:26 PM    Msg. 29 of 58       
Alot of sense :D
except they have the combined technology of the forunners ulokal sprits covanant and humans yet they use steam.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: May 23, 2010 10:01 PM    Msg. 30 of 58       
Just cos someone comes in with silly designs and what not does not mean they are trolling...

I like the tea kettles :D

(Btw, for anyone who doesn't know, that teapot model has a whole story of its own behind it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_teapot )
Edited by SiMuLaCrUm on May 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM

DEEhunter

Posted: May 23, 2010 10:18 PM    Msg. 31 of 58       
This is a good thread.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: May 24, 2010 10:29 AM    Msg. 32 of 58       
Teapots are too fanciful for Halo. Better scrap those and start over.

Jaz

Posted: May 24, 2010 11:53 AM    Msg. 33 of 58       
Teapots aren't just built for making tea. They can contain hot substances. Teapots would be the most effective way of containing plasma energy. The idea of stuffing fast moving plasma particles inside a small glass/plastic vial is ridiculous. Although I suppose I could think up a new container, but teapots are just so incredibly well made that I don't see the point.

You guys are just thinking about the humour of teapots being used for making drinks. Teapots are extremely good for containing liquids. Try thinking scientifically, instead of thinking about what to laugh about.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: May 24, 2010 12:00 PM    Msg. 34 of 58       
i dont think uv been here enough. the latter is going to happen much mroe teh the aforementioned. the thing i its the stock teapots. make ur own or something....

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: May 24, 2010 02:51 PM    Msg. 35 of 58       
More like Idicklite. (c wat i did thar)

I mean, it's fine if you wanna do something like this but stock teapots? Seriously?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 20, 2019 6:55 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website