A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »custom edition single player for vista

Author Topic: custom edition single player for vista (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: May 22, 2010 04:25 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Guys, i really need your help here. I have some single player maps for halo 1 custom edition and i cant play them. All of the "How do i play single player maps on halo ce" pages only have a guide for really old computers. please help

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 22, 2010 05:23 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Can't you just use the compatibility mode for XP? Not sure how you do it on Vista, cause I actually have XP, but I'll look it up now.

Ah ha. I'll copy and paste for you.

Using Windows 7 or Vista Compatibility Mode
Windows Vista or Windows 7, will have problems running some older versions of applications, just because so much has changed under the hood from Windows XP days. Thankfully there is a compatibility mode that can be easily set per application.

To configure the compatibility mode for an application, just locate the installation directory and right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu.

Select the Compatibility tab:

You can choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode, or even all the way back to Windows 95 compatibility.

Probably the most useful setting to start off with would be to disable the visual themes and desktop composition, if you can’t get things working. If you are trying to run a video game, you will often need to choose “Run this program as an administrator”. You’ll have to play around with it, but most likely you can get your application working this way.
Edited by Garagorn888 on May 22, 2010 at 05:25 AM
Edited by Garagorn888 on May 22, 2010 at 05:26 AM

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: May 22, 2010 07:15 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
i dont get it. do you really need all this mess?

1. make a short cut to halo ce

2. right click it and select "properties"

3. in the target, type -console after the link

4. run halo ce from the shortcut

5. press on the "~" button and type map_name singleplayermapname

6. enjoy playing the map

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 22, 2010 03:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
i dont get it. do you really need all this mess?

Nope. Place the maps in the \maps folder and use either a new UI or the console command. If you can't place the maps into the maps folder due to windows security then you need to login as administrator to install the maps.

Muscl3r

Posted: May 23, 2010 07:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
thanks heaps garagorn888 i will try that now.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 23, 2010 07:49 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
To be quite honest, Garagorn's advice won't help at all. It doesn't change the GUI to be one similar to the XP / 2000 one. In fact, the layout is exactly the same. The only envision-able problem that I believe you're facing, is that you're right clicking the .exe rather than the shortcut.

Muscl3r

Posted: May 23, 2010 08:04 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
garagorn888
it didn't work but i changed it to Windows 95 then...
Black doom
Ur a legend. I did the ~ thing and typed in the stuff and it worked. Thanks heaps guys
Oh yeah...
Dennis
thanks to u too. I now have an awesome ui.

U GUYS ROCK

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 15, 2019 3:13 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website