A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Portal Game Maps (Valve) »Portal Game Play Discussion »I'm having trouble un-zipping the map files...

Author Topic: I'm having trouble un-zipping the map files... (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

AtrumTalio

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Posted: May 22, 2010 06:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
This error constantly comes up, no matter how many times I download it:

error[C:\Users\(myname)\desktop\(mapname)]:state of central directory not found; Zip file corrupt. Possible cause: file transfer error

Can someone help me with this? Is it my WinZip or the map?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 22, 2010 10:56 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
One of the reasons we use the ZIP format is so that you will know if there is a corrupt download. Most likely your download is getting cut off. Compare the file size from the download to that listed on the website. All ZIP files on the servers are tested when placed there and again one each month during routine maintenance. The most common reason downloads get cut off is when people use download accelerators. Our File servers do not support download accelerators and will cut them off if they try to make too many connections.

JACK SPARROW

Posted: May 23, 2010 03:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
and if it isnt that try resetting ur web browser found the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 that if you have internet explorer
Edited by JACK SPARROW on May 23, 2010 at 03:19 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 17, 2017 7:43 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website