A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Some Questions....

Author Topic: Some Questions.... (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jamir

Posted: May 24, 2010 01:19 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I want to make a machinima in Halo CE and I have some questions

Is it possible to control 2 different people by yourself on 1 computer? Like on an xbox you can if you have multiple controllers

in devcam, can you stop the camera from resetting when you die

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: May 24, 2010 01:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
for the first, you cant but you can try to script it, but it wont look the same as you intended

for the second, no, but you can always spawn a biped that looks the same as your character and kill it.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 24, 2010 08:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamir
Is it possible to control 2 different people by yourself on 1 computer? Like on an xbox you can if you have multiple controllers
No you will need two seperate computers to actually control two bipeds. That was how I filmed most of the Halo CE Chronicles, two computers next to each other.
Quote: --- Original message by: Jamir
in devcam, can you stop the camera from resetting when you die
No. But as the previous poster said if you place a biped that looks like the character then you can kill it and film it with the dev cam.

There are other tricks you can use such as creating or modifying maps to place AI doing repeatable things: walking running fighting, placing bipeds so that the server operator can bump possess them (take them over) add or move scenery objects...etc. Having the ability to modify the maps give you much more leeway to create the scenes you may desire.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 8:32 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website