A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Supwoofer

Author Topic: Supwoofer (34 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SuperJustin321

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 07:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 34       
SO ho did u guys like my map

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 07:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 34       
I played it, but i dunno, i'll let you know once you post pics and a link and stuff.

SuperJustin321

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 07:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 34       
Why do u need pics

here is the download link(i hope that is what u ment)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5311

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 07:45 PM    Msg. 4 of 34       
Umm..... as a person who has only made such things as this, you have a LONG time til you should really post anything but opinions on this site.

Undernet10

I make PHAIL maps. Xfire: Undernet10

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 08:03 PM    Msg. 5 of 34       
It's meh, but it is your first map. And i haven't even made a map, (I only mod maps). I don't even have 3dsmax or even Gmax. I found it too hard to even make a simple map. (Yeah i know i fail.)
Edited by Undernet10 on Jun 3, 2010 at 08:07 PM

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 08:15 PM    Msg. 6 of 34       
This sucks.
Delete this map. While you're at it delete the HEK and Halo CE.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 08:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 34       
ignore the idiots here dude. some people here have no respect for anyone. its good for your first map. not Great but good.

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 08:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
ignore the idiots here dude. some people here have no respect for anyone. its good for your first map. not Great but good.

Oh I'm sorry.
Here, let me baby him.

It's pretty cool for your first map! I bet with a tiny bit of hard work you can one of the greatest mappers ever! Keep up the good work, Snuggle Muffins!

I'm just being honest. It sucks and you know it.

Edited by Welcome To Earth on Jun 3, 2010 at 08:40 PM

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 08:51 PM    Msg. 9 of 34       
Sorry anyone who also thinks with slayer, but while I will not say I would say what WTE says, I think that this person needs a lot more work before he tries to post questions to a group that has seen the works of certain people here.

I mean it is an unfair question almost and you all must see it. How are people on this forum, most of whom are very familiar as to what goes into making a good map going to even.......judge......this? What is anyone going to comment on?

Fine I will make a recommendation.

Look at some basic modeling tutorials that don't just tell you keep it sealed and start with a box. to be honest, too much positive critique too early will only lead to bad habits.

Slayer117

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:17 AM    Msg. 10 of 34       
it sucks yes inded but. give the boy some credit. like tell him what sucks about it.

tell him what to do and what to fix.

Undernet10

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:23 AM    Msg. 11 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
it sucks yes inded but. give the boy some credit. like tell him what sucks about it.

tell him what to do and what to fix.

I would like this answer when i release my fail map.

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:39 AM    Msg. 12 of 34       
Well I suppose as of now I can't really give critique on the map, but if you really want to get into this stuff, I would suggest getting to know a few mappers and asking them what helped them most at the beginning.

The only personal suggestion I can make is look at as many tutorials as possible. Look at structures, of buildings within the game (all halo games) and I guess try to mimic the structural styles.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:43 AM    Msg. 13 of 34       
Where have all the BASES gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the BETTER MAP POPULATION(s?) gone?
Long time ago
Oh when will they ever learn?
Oh when will they ever learn...

Undernet10

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:46 AM    Msg. 14 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
Long time passing
Long time ago

By map population i'm guessing weapon placement, vehicle placement, and powerup placement.

Slayer117

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 02:13 AM    Msg. 15 of 34       
Long time passing
Long time ago

gone To Crysis everyone....

When will they ever learn... when will they ever learn.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 03:52 AM    Msg. 16 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Welcome To Earth
This sucks.

Because that's going to help him to improve his skills and possibly become a decent member, right?

It is my personal opinion that your method of offering criticism and overall socializing with others in general isn't up to par with other active members of this community.
Instead of offering you beneficial suggestions and proper advice on improving your behavior which unquestionably would benefit all of us in the end, I'm going to inconsiderately and illogically suggest, regardless of not knowing you personally, that you delete your Halomaps account, despite any potential you may have at becoming an upstanding, respectable member. During this process, I would also highly recommend closing any account you may be the holder of, including bank or internet community. Additionally, it may be beneficial to you and those around you to consider deleting your life.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 4, 2010 at 04:17 AM

Shade117 pro

Yeah bro (xfire: blue117pro) I can make cubemaps

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 05:21 AM    Msg. 17 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: R Blaze
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Umm..... as a person who has only made such things as this, you have a LONG time til you should really post anything but opinions on this site.

If you don't give noobs (yourself) criticism they will never see the importance of getting better.

yes. I understand the need of criticism that you want. :)

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 06:20 AM    Msg. 18 of 34       
I can't believe this, Mark is right and so is slayer117
If you all slam everyone that tries to do something they like, when will they learn? How is it your critisim is supposed to help? How much cr@p did you all put out in the early days?? How many tiimes did you get run thru becuase your work su%ked? huh? Some of you at one point or another were horrible. My early stuff sucks and so doe's some of my older maps but I do it becuase I like it, I imagine he likes doing this as well.
In short if you aint got something nice or constructive to say, Then shut the h@ll up.

Your map does not suck it is just your first one. Something I noticed is:...., Not many people put water falls in there firsrt map, or get inventive with the bsp but "you did" Thumbs high. good job. Watch many tutorials and practice practice practice.
They can only get better.

wesman

no your a freezer

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 07:04 AM    Msg. 19 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

This sucks.

Because that's going to help him to improve his skills and possibly become a decent member, right?

It is my personal opinion that your method of offering criticism and overall socializing with others in general isn't up to par with other active members of this community.
Instead of offering you beneficial suggestions and proper advice on improving your behavior which unquestionably would benefit all of us in the end, I'm going to inconsiderately and illogically suggest, regardless of not knowing you personally, that you delete your Halomaps account, despite any potential you may have at becoming an upstanding, respectable member. During this process, I would also highly recommend closing any account you may be the holder of, including bank or internet community. Additionally, it may be beneficial to you and those around you to consider deleting your life.

haha that last part made me laugh.

Corvette19

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:17 PM    Msg. 20 of 34       

Wtf. He can post anything he wants to :/

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:31 PM    Msg. 21 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19

I know, but not a lot of people are going to take him seriously. I'm saying before he tries to go asking opinions on maps he has made, he may want to learn more about modeling. Hell, I'd be willing to help if he wants, I'm simply just saying that I need a little more to work with here before I can make a fair assessment.

I'll make a suggestion. Watch the terrain mapping tutorial (and if you will have cliffs, the cliff tutorial) at least and take some more time to make some good bases in a map. Perhaps try modeling originally something you sort of know for bases. Try modeling human bases as they are, by far, easiest to model.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:51 PM    Msg. 22 of 34       

This sucks.

omg this is like the best freakin speech i have ever heard. bravo. hey can i like quote this somewhere?

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:56 PM    Msg. 23 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14

This sucks.

omg this is like the best freakin speech i have ever heard. bravo. hey can i like quote this somewhere?

Facebook; the ultimate quoting place.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 01:42 PM    Msg. 24 of 34       
yep good idea

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 03:37 PM    Msg. 25 of 34       
In actuality no he can't. There are rules for participation in this forum. And although there are many who, as rebellious teenagers are known to do, try to push them stepping over will result in the loss of posting privileges.

Welcome To Earth

Becycle Rin

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 03:44 PM    Msg. 26 of 34       
Quote: Because that's going to help him to improve his skills and possibly become a decent member, right?

Yes. What better way than restarting?
Quote:

Because I was being honest? I admit, I did overdue it with the delete the HEK and CE comment and I could have been nicer about it but that doesn't change the fact that his map sucks and he should restart.

Quote:
Instead of offering you beneficial suggestions and proper advice on improving your behavior which unquestionably would benefit all of us in the end, I'm going to inconsiderately and illogically suggest, regardless of not knowing you personally, that you delete your Halomaps account,

Way to be better than me!
Quote: despite any potential you may have at becoming an upstanding, respectable member.

That ship has sailed years ago.

Quote: During this process, I would also highly recommend closing any account you may be the holder of, including bank or internet community. Additionally, it may be beneficial to you and those around you to consider deleting your life.

Most likely. However it's not my job to make people smile.
Edited by Welcome To Earth on Jun 4, 2010 at 03:45 PM

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 01:44 AM    Msg. 27 of 34       
You seriously didn't catch that my post was meant to be satirical?

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
In actuality no he can't. There are rules for participation in this forum. And although there are many who, as rebellious teenagers are known to do, try to push them stepping over will result in the loss of posting privileges.

ENFORCE YOUR RULES. PLEASE. This place needs cleaning up :(
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 5, 2010 at 01:52 AM

eliteslasher

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 02:16 AM    Msg. 28 of 34       

You seriously didn't catch that my post was meant to be satirical?

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

ENFORCE YOUR RULES. PLEASE. This place needs cleaning up :(
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 5, 2010 at 01:52 AM

He can't enforce everything. That would take too much and he has a lot of other pressing matters such as, the rest of his life and job, to attend to. Actually, I have to say I am surprised the forum has lasted as long as it has. He is very generous to do what he has. People who make accounts and wait the 3 days to post numerous "things that should not be posted" are a huge hassle and to be honest, I wouldn't put up with it if I owned this site.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 02:31 AM    Msg. 29 of 34       
it's as easy as hitting "ban user"

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 02:52 AM    Msg. 30 of 34       
it's as easy as hitting "ban user"

I heard to ban someone, Dennis has to sacrifice a fraction of his soul to some unknown, possibly malevolent entity, then beat Battletoads Co-op with himself using his hands and feet while blindfolded on Legendary with all skulls on.

It is an incredibly traumatizing experience, both physically and mentally.

Each time someone gets banned, a part of Dennis has died :(

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 03:17 AM    Msg. 31 of 34       
There are several flaws with your theory.
He has banned so many people that if your hypothesis is correct , he has no soul.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 03:04 PM    Msg. 32 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
he has no soul.

Sounds about right.

For anyone who couldn't understand my previous previous post, I said "make bases" and "has moar trees, rocks, vehicles, and good placement of those things"

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 03:33 PM    Msg. 33 of 34       
... beat Battletoads Co-op with himself using his hands and feet while blindfolded on Legendary with all skulls on.

That's the most MLG thing I've ever heard.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 5, 2010 at 03:33 PM

AlwinRoth

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 08:52 PM    Msg. 34 of 34       
Sigh,

I actually downloaded and played it just for the hell of it.

First off, stay away from "box" maps.

what I would do is simply mess around with gmax, and make your own custom models,

Guns, vehicles, scenary items. (square buildings can be easy practice)

afterwards, once you get the hang of the program, then make some custom maps, and post them here.

Note this:

Ever see how the Custom Maps being payed on in Halo CE don't look like they were put together in 5 mins? so, ask yourself: "will people play this map I have made?"

I'm not saying you should stop mapping, you should begin to make a more "experienced" style of maps.

Learn it, there's plenty of videos on youtube, as well on this site.

If your doing it just for fun, don't bother releasing, but rather give it out to your friends locally or play with them.

This is the internet, most people will be dicks since they're safe behind their computers.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 10, 2020 6:34 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website